What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Fighters

God-King Dean

Immortal
I hear Carl Webb is a really hard bastard when punching people facing away from him. But I bet Charlie thought Danny Williams should have been rubbed out of the League for what he did :lol:

Charlie124

First Grade
Once again ill point out the 6 grown men knocked out by him at 16 (even im getting sick of that now), im sure they were facing him, it is a boxing ring FFS! one on one etc.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Don't get me wrong. I love it when Webb fires up & he'd be one of the stronger players in the league.

But the way he is talked up is ridiculous. He put Bailey on his arse... whoopty do. It was 25 minutes in & Bailey was tired & Webb just came on.

I just don't think Webb has a heart as big as a lot of other forwards in the game.

bula_stormer

Juniors
Danny Williams, i heard he cleaned up Ben Roarty in a stoush they had back when they played with Melbourne. He was a hard bugger
Carl Webb is a former Junior boxing champ, that sorta stuff never leaves you

Phillips

Referee
bula_stormer said:
Carl Webb is a former Junior boxing champ, that sorta stuff never leaves you

it obviously left him when he played the warriors, and koopu gave it to him

The Preacher

First Grade
innsaneink said:
Wish I got to see him, have read a lot about him.
Jim Cody too looked a tough bugger.

Vince karalius too is another I wish I saw. Toughest of all they reckon.

Tezza used to throw a good left.

He WAS a tough bugger, actually, the whole pack were. Kelly, Stonestreet, Meaney, Cody, Hayes and Barry Bryant. Peter Diamond in the centres and Mad Mick Alchin on the wing. :badgrin:

LESStar58

Referee
HAHA! In that SOO boxing charity comp next week Garry Jack is fighting Trevor Gillmeister! Theres a mismatch if ever I've seen one!

tiger_nick

Bench
LESStar58 said:
HAHA! In that SOO boxing charity comp next week Garry Jack is fighting Trevor Gillmeister! Theres a mismatch if ever I've seen one!

Gary Jack is one tough bastard, he won’t be worried by Gilly. In saying that I wouldn’t back him no matter what the odds were :lol:

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Kurt Angle said:
Carl Webb is nowhere near the top of the best fighters.
Interesting comment.

I read he was an outstanding amateur boxer but chose league instead.

Danish

Referee
Phillips said:
Monty Betham, Awen Guttenbeil, Kevin Campion, David Kidwell, Michael De Vere..

why do people say Carl Webb? got his ass handed to him by Wairangi Koopu..

Apparently the back of Hoffman's head is considered a very challenging opponent.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Koopu never "gave it" to Carl Webb. The video is right there for all to see. Apart from giving Betham a bit of a slap in the face, Webb had very little involvement.

A few of my old favourites have been mentioned.

Les Davidson (but the hit mentioned on Stevo was a bit of a cheap shot)
Solomon Haumono - anyone who saw him clean up Dan Stains (a black belt mind you) at Brooky would have to agree.
Anthony Mundine - did actually have an on-field stoush once with Jarrod McCracken - no slouch either. Would liked to have seen it go on for a bit longer.
Ian Roberts, saw him absolutely ragdoll some poor frenchman in a test once, never seen a fight so scary but at the same time so hilarious.

Others of the past I've liked seeing put up the dukes..

Peter Kelly
Kevin Campion
Benny & Boxhead Walters stoushes were always fantastic to watch, maximum venom.

But the best would have to be Big Solomon, A whisker in front of Bundy Davidson

Nowadays I wouldn't know, but would say that Thommo or Maitua would be up there.