What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best game all year !! *SPOILER* for the other states.

Eelectrica

Referee
Even though we lost, I thoroughly enjoyed tonights game. It was a really great atmosphere at the ground, especially the last ten minutes. The crowd was disappointing, but in the final 10 minutes the crowd sounded like a full house.

Congrats Broncos on winning, as for Parra I'm pleased they put up a fight. I feared a hammering when the bronx went up by 8. Just a shame our goal kicker couldn't land his attempts from the sideline.

Games like that will bring the crowds back.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Our game is going to die in 5 years anyway.... so why bother enjoying these games.

325CheerUpEmoKid.gif

Chapsta

Juniors
The crowd was disappointing, but in the final 10 minutes the crowd sounded like a full house.Games like that will bring the crowds back.

I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet, but the entire train system on the Gold Coast was shut down today, not sure when it got fixed. Lots of rain over SEQ. Luckily there wasn't a game at Robina tonight. The crowd would have been dismal.

bonestorm

Juniors
I was at the game and I have to say the atmosphere was great. Incredible performance from both teams, simply a joy to watch.

The ground announcer said the crowd was 25000, which isn't a bad effort by anyone's standards, especially on a wet night.

Eelectrica

Referee
I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet, but the entire train system on the Gold Coast was shut down today, not sure when it got fixed. Lots of rain over SEQ. Luckily there wasn't a game at Robina tonight. The crowd would have been dismal.

Wow didn't know that. I've gotten used to driving from the coast and bussing it from Garden City. Don't much like all the stops on the way back on the train.
But having a major system of transport to the ground shutdown as well as the weather, that's going to impact on the crowd big time.

Bazal

Post Whore
It was a wonderful game....even though my side lost, I'm deadset stoked at the way it turned out. Could have been better had Grothe or Reddy made one more tackle, or Burt kicked a goal or two more. But that's footy....Ref was **** but both sides copped it from the idiot and rose above him IMO....Parra are back (for now :lol:) ****ing look out :p

gho

Juniors
Great game, Lockeyer is looking brilliant, hopefully he can perform as well for Queensland for Origin 2. So glad i watched it, I'm from Adelaide so the game started at 1am and just finished, is there a game rating thing on this website telling if a game is good but not giving the score? It would be very helpful for interstate people who have to stay up to watch games.

miccle

Bench
Incredible game... my throat is still red raw and killing me, but I couldn't care less. Ditto the pain in my shoulders for holding up the banner for around 15 mins straight after the final whistle :lol:

Easily the best game I've been to in at least a year or so. It ebbed and flowed, and had absolutely everything in it. No shame at all in losing a game like that, and there were PLENTY of parra fans there last night (yet again) who really got behind their boys and still didn't walk out with their heads bowed too much. The 25,000 there was louder than the 40,000-odd that have turned up for a few matches already this season... brilliant atmosphere and an all round great spectacle.

innsaneink

Referee
Yep, great game, weve had a few on 9 the last couple of rounds, too bad they kill the momentum with the constant ad breaks, I guess thats FOX spoiling us though

Shorty

Staff member
Wow that game was awesome - I just couldn't stop smiling after it.
These are the games that make our game the best in the world - Just awesome.

Darren Lockyer - The man is amazing.

perverse

Referee
was a fantastic last night, i thoroughly enjoyed it. kudos to the parra players for pulling their fingers out. inu added a lot to their team.

lockyer has still got it. oozes class out of every orifice. better than thurston.

7. Prince 6. Lockyer for QLD S.O.O.

salivor

First Grade
It was an amazing game. Isn't a shame that they don't play Origin like this anymore? That ebb and flow attacking exciting type of football? There were plenty of past and present origin players out there last night, it's just a shame when they switch their jerseys for blue or maroon that they'll go back to playing bland bash each other into submission style football.

Latest posts