What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best GF Outcome For The Game

Swamp

Juniors
What would be best for the game, in terms of what teams are playing & the eventual winner? While many bag the Storm I believe there last GF appearance peaked in the 600,000 viewers. And of course what the Warriors could bring to game considering the RWC is on. Brisbane would a ratings winner but what about attendence? Any thoughts?

Swamp

Doomednow

Bench
Brisbane v Warriors.

The Lockyer fairytale vs the maiden premiers against the odds.

Although I must admit Melbourne's inclusion might validate some of their fans and boost some Melbourne viewership. But I wouldn't be appreciating that grand final.

The ideal winner would, of course, be Rugby League :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Chook Norris

First Grade
Definitely having the warriors in there. Manly/Brisbane doesn't really matter imo.. but id say warriors v broncos

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Tough one this year. All combinations have pros and cons.

I agree with PR with NZ not being distracted. Id say Melbourne vs Brisbane. Manly just don't have the appeal to a large supporter base that the Broncos have.

Poul

Juniors
What would be best for the game, in terms of what teams are playing & the eventual winner? While many bag the Storm I believe there last GF appearance peaked in the 600,000 viewers. And of course what the Warriors could bring to game considering the RWC is on. Brisbane would a ratings winner but what about attendence? Any thoughts?

Swamp

AFAIK the current allocation of GF tickets is already sold out, and there will only be a "relatively small" allocation of tickets for the two GF teams.

I'm still hoping to be able to get one :oops:

Melbourne v Brisbane might be the best for the game.

If the Warriors make the GF, then I think they would need to win it to deflect attention in the NZ from the ruwc ( an ab's choke in a ruwc qf would also help :lol: )

Melbourne v Manly could also be good, in light of the previous GF encounters during the Storm's salary cap scandal.

Manly v Warriors I think would hold the least interest, but if I can get a ticket I'll still be going :crazy:

Swamp

Juniors
Brisbane v Melbourne. Warriors need to win it when the country isn't distracted!
But could a victory would be a tremendous boost for next year, particularly if the AB loose. Still, I do think the success of Melbourne is imperative for national credibility & the upcoming TV deal.

Loudstrat

Coach
Like hell it is.

Warriors or Manly.

If Brisbane win over Manly, the sight of Manu Vatuvei running over the top of Heather who gets carried off unconcious, and Manu scores the first of his 4 tries, would be remembered for all time..

Spin off from the obvious instant Webb Ellis forgetting Haka would be the words "Jonah Who?", as all the countries wake up to them selves and hurriedly rearrange their teams to have 13 a side.

A Melbourne win would impress no one except the evil and corrupt.

Eels Dude

Coach
Storm winning will ruin the credibility of the NRL and alienate a lot of fans. In no way would them winning be a good thing for the game. Nobody outside Melbourne wants that and they don't even give a s**t about league 95% of the time.

I'd say a Warriors v Brisbane grand final would be the best outcome with the Warriors winning. It would do wonders for the game across the tasman and the hype over Lockyer winning a last premiership would be a terrific advertisement for the game in grand final week.

joshie

Live Update Team
Storm v Broncos!

It is the ideal match of 2011!

Storm to win, Victoria needs to be on board before we expand in New Zealand.

Michael Bishop

Juniors
The game is hardly going to suffer regardless of who wins. The fans will all be out in force again next season even if either of the two most despised teams Manly or Melbourne win.

PaddyBoy

Juniors
Brisbane v Warriors for shiz. Warriors are a great side, and for the first time in my life I've got a soft spot for the Broncos (well, mainly one Bronco).

Warriors I'd cheer for, unless Hodges was injured, then I'd be gunning for Darren Lockyer, one of the few men who needs to be applauded across state lines.

Broncos - Warriors would be massive, especially if the Warriors could win. And would be equally good if Lockyer went out a champion for the game.

Manly - Warriors I wouldn't like, I think they'd roll us, not that they're inherently better than the Broncos but you know.

So long as the Melbourne Scum aren't in the Grand Final I'm happy. Everyone should pray the cap-rorting scum merchants aren't in the GF. Hopefully the Warriors turn the Storm to a light drizzle.

big_matt

Juniors
Broncos - Warriors would be massive, especially if the Warriors could win. And would be equally good if Lockyer went out a champion for the game.

Manly - Warriors I wouldn't like, I think they'd roll us, not that they're inherently better than the Broncos but you know.

So long as the Melbourne Scum aren't in the Grand Final I'm happy. Everyone should pray the cap-rorting scum merchants aren't in the GF. Hopefully the Warriors turn the Storm to a light drizzle.

Will I remind you of February 2006 when a certain club from NZ was found to be over the cap by $800k for the whole 2005 season? :lol::lol::lol:

koal4e

Juniors
As long as the storm dont make or win the GF Im a happy eel (nearly put bunny then but dont want people to think Im a Rabbitoh!)

Brutus

Referee
Storm v Broncos. Massive ratings in 2006 and it will be massive again, especially with the Lockyer thing.

The crowd will also be hoping to see Sisa Waqa if he gets a start on the bench.