What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best GF Outcome For The Game

Shorty

Staff member
Melb vs Manly is the worst outcome and it's going to happen.
I'm not sure I'll watch, I'm so sick of watching them in the GF.

koal4e

Juniors
Negative.

If storm hadnt rorted the cap it is highly likely that Cronk, Smith and Slayter wouldnt all still be in the team. They are still benifting from the rorting and anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves.

Totally agree, they are still benefiting from their cheating ways, its why I hate them so much!! COME ON TIGERS!

big_matt

Juniors
Look at the first sentence of my quote you merkin. Thats why. Smith and Cronk were looking elsewhere but then resigned with the Storm. Are you trying to tell me the large pay offer had nothing to do with that.

And I spelt a name wrong. Boo f**king hoo.

Storm = cheating merkin scum

I've read your post but it's still not telling me anything.

How do you know the players were looking elsewhere and only stayed due to illegal contracts? Can you give me a link or any proof? Thought so. Why would they stay now if they didn't want to stay then?

And again, how is that different from the Warriors? Steve Price stayed on a good contract that was signed during their cap breaches. Were they benefitting from cheating years later? Are they benefitting from cheating now?

big_matt

Juniors
The warriors are a professional outfit and that one salary cap scandal was due to a departing CEO who did everything he could before being ousted
Since then this club has shown true professionalism

Scum still not taking responsiblity for their cheating ways :roll:

And the Storm are a professional outfit who were let down badly by a departing CEO (Waldron). Deloitte, the police, the national audit office, and the NRL have all said the players and coaching staff had no knowledge of what was going on. Yet most people on these forums still claim they did.

It is a also confusing situation when the NRL called in the police to the storm to 'make arrests for fraud and illegal contracts' and then the police (and tax audit office) said there was "absolutely no fraudulent behaviour". The NRL say there were free boats and cars being given out without being registered for tax. Police and audit office say that isn't the case. So who is lying? and when can we find out? Why is Waldron not banned? Why are player managers not banned? Why does Deloitte say its numbers are "extreme estimations which may not be accurate"?

I'm not making excuses for our cap breaches at all. We let everyone down and I feel sorry for the fans of other teams over what we've done. But I'd like answers to some of the above.

And I think it's absolutely laughable being called cheats by Warriors fans.

sting

Bench
Don't turn this into another "Storm are the victims" thread.

Simple question - Best GF Outcome for the game.

Answer - Certainly doesn't involve the Storm.

big_matt

Juniors

I think you completely missed the point of my post - I said that the storm weren't victims and were fully to blame. Funny how people can turn it into a "lets laugh at the storm" thread but storm fans cant respond.

Best GF outcome for me is Storm Broncos due to tv figures.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Storm vs Broncos but only if Lockyer plays.

Warriors V Brisbane for me. Would be fantastic for the game in NZ and underpin the success they have had internationally of late. Brisbane just for the TV component.

Although a Manly V Melbourne would be an interesting affair. Surely one of the bigger grudge GF's of all time?

Butters

Bench
Melbourne v Brisbane would be bigger for me personally and i'm sure most storm fans would agree. Especially if Lockyer were to play.

Billythekid

First Grade

Why? The storm will guarantee that the GF will have massive ratings which is pretty damn huge considering our tv deal is next year. If gives us a chance to show how well we can rate in Melbourne.

That plus it will guarantee that we will have a GF with a big rivalry.

The warriors making it would be great for the game in NZ though.

afinalsin666

First Grade
Melbourne v Brisbane would be bigger for me personally and i'm sure most storm fans would agree. Especially if Lockyer were to play.

If we're talking personally, my best friend is a Manly supporter, so not Brisbane.

Best for the game would be Warriors v Broncos. But screw the game, i want Storm to be there.

NRLMad

Juniors
1000% if Brisbane play Melbourne - you will maximise tv viewership as Melbourne will draw at least double the normal amount. I am pretty sure that we will well and truly outrate the AFL GF.

Eels Dude

Coach
Why? The storm will guarantee that the GF will have massive ratings which is pretty damn huge considering our tv deal is next year. If gives us a chance to show how well we can rate in Melbourne.

That plus it will guarantee that we will have a GF with a big rivalry.

The warriors making it would be great for the game in NZ though.

It won't have massive ratings if Sydney fans, who are the largest audience, refuse to watch and/or take no interest in the game.

NRLMad

Juniors

Regardless of whether people like the storm, the viewership will prove that broncos vs storm will outrate any other combination....

The lockyer and 'playing for nothing last year' factor/s will draw huge ratings.

Last edited: