What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best GF Outcome For The Game

bobmar28

Bench
Storm v Broncos. Or Broncos v warriors. Having the Sea Eagles there would be the worst option.

Will I remind you of February 2006 when a certain club from NZ was found to be over the cap by $800k for the whole 2005 season? :lol::lol::lol:

Yep. We copped the fine, had 2 shit seasons and moved on. Hardly comparable. You won't find any Warriors fans running about excusing it or whinging about being hard done by.

The Storm has continually cheated since their inception, and benefited hugely from cheating the system, to this day.

There's no real comparison.

Snappy

Coach
Fair and square if we win.

Negative.

If storm hadnt rorted the cap it is highly likely that Cronk, Smith and Slayter wouldnt all still be in the team. They are still benifting from the rorting and anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves.

big_matt

Juniors
Yep. We copped the fine, had 2 shit seasons and moved on. Hardly comparable. You won't find any Warriors fans running about excusing it or whinging about being hard done by.

The Storm has continually cheated since their inception, and benefited hugely from cheating the system, to this day.

There's no real comparison.

Haha. There's no comparison if you just make things up, like 'cheating since their inception'. Proof please.

And you probably weren't whinging about being hard done by because you only got docked 4 points despite being knowingly further over the cap for a single year than we were. $800k in a single year for you. $1.7m over 5 years for us.

You can make up all the excuses that you want, but you are exactly the same as us - a team that has recently knowingly and systematically cheated the cap on a huge scale. The facts back that up.

And no, your team didn't just cop the fine - you put in an official protest against the 4 point deduction. That's hardly accepting it!

So don't support teams that have cheated in the past in the GF if you don't want to. But then you can't support the Warriors.

Dragon2010

First Grade
I'm hoping Manly v Warriors as I personally don't mind either teams and at least that way Sydney have a stab at the cup.

big_matt

Juniors
Negative.

If storm hadnt rorted the cap it is highly likely that Cronk, Smith and Slayter wouldnt all still be in the team. They are still benifting from the rorting and anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves.

How?

Everyone keeps repeating this mantra but i'm not seeing many facts. We've had all 3 players since they were just starting out. What's to say we couldn't have kept them without cheating the cap? And why have Slater and Cronk just signed long term deals to stay if they wouldnt stay without us cheating the cap? And who is Slayter?

Snappy

Coach
How?

Everyone keeps repeating this mantra but i'm not seeing many facts. We've had all 3 players since they were just starting out. What's to say we couldn't have kept them without cheating the cap? And why have Slater and Cronk just signed long term deals to stay if they wouldnt stay without us cheating the cap? And who is Slayter?

Look at the first sentence of my quote you merkin. Thats why. Smith and Cronk were looking elsewhere but then resigned with the Storm. Are you trying to tell me the large pay offer had nothing to do with that.

And I spelt a name wrong. Boo f**king hoo.

Storm = cheating merkin scum

Will I remind you of February 2006 when a certain club from NZ was found to be over the cap by $800k for the whole 2005 season? :lol::lol::lol:

The warriors are a professional outfit and that one salary cap scandal was due to a departing CEO who did everything he could before being ousted
Since then this club has shown true professionalism

Scum still not taking responsiblity for their cheating ways :roll:

Teddyboy

First Grade
Best outcome if it was 2 grand finals with one being an NSW final between West Tigers and the revived Newcastle and the other being the Broncos v the Warriors in the expansion zone and then a super bowl between the Sydney derby and the SL lot.

sting

Bench
Warriors are a must. It would do wonders for the game in NZ and despite what some people think I think this is the best possible year for them to win it. Never mind the world cup is on, people would start paying attention cause the Warriors are winning Australias competition. Kiwis would love that.

Not to mention the NRL grand final being on in every pub in NZ which would all be full of rugby lovers from all over the world. That kind of exposure is priceless. I have no doubt rugby fans would watch with interest and adopt the Warriors as their team for the grand final, just to be involved with the hype.

Melbourne making the grand final is the worst case scenario for all involved.

Out of Manly and Brisbane I'm 50/50. The Lockyer fairytale is a great story and Manly would be representing NSW.

I'd have to say Warriors v Broncos would be the best for the game

Joker's Wild

Coach
WTF is with all this NZ being distracted shit.

Right now, during the RWC would be the best time to promote RL and there is no better way than the Warriors making the GF

otori

Juniors
It's ironic how people are talking about growing the game in NZ if they win yet if Melbourne win it's an outrage and a scandal. It'll grow the game down there if they win and if one more kid picks league over AFL then it's a good result. People need to get over the hate now though considering the wack jobs on LU that still rage about super league, I doubt thatll ever happen

sting

Bench
It's ironic how people are talking about growing the game in NZ if they win yet if Melbourne win it's an outrage and a scandal. It'll grow the game down there if they win and if one more kid picks league over AFL then it's a good result. People need to get over the hate now though considering the wack jobs on LU that still rage about super league, I doubt thatll ever happen

Too soon for Melbourne to win it

stormbati

Bench

Lol, and where did they finish?

f**k you merkins, I'm hoping for Melbourne v Manly now.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
And you probably weren't whinging about being hard done by because you only got docked 4 points despite being knowingly further over the cap for a single year than we were. $800k in a single year for you. $1.7m over 5 years for us.

Ummmmmm BULLSHIT.

The Storm rorted the cap by $3.78 million over 5 years.
2006 - $303,000
2007 - $459,000
2008 - $957,000
2009 - $1,020,000
2010 - $1,040,000

Teddyboy

First Grade
Iam bored with f**king Lockyer and Corp Lang.
Manly should not win it as it seems there fan base don't give a rats so maybe they should just play Union..which leads me on to.
The Storm who might get good TV ratings but the EPL type AFL fans in Melbourne really don't give 2 hoots to a cheating plastic team, which leads me onto Auckland.

New Zealand and the AB's should have from the start always being a League country to counter balance the NSW/QLD League.
Kiwi's get my vote.

firechild

First Grade
Brisbane v Melbourne will bring the most viewers. There's no doubt about that.

I wouldn't be so sure. Plenty of people in Sydney won't bother watching these 2 teams because they couldn't care less who wins. More will watch if Lockyer plays but there's a huge question mark over that. Melbourne v Manly has pros and cons, some won't watch it because they hate both teams or that they don't want to see the same 2 teams in 3 of the last 5 grand finals. On the other side, it's round 3, a decider of sorts. A team that ended their season in 2007, 2008 and 2009 againt Melbourne, the strongest team over the period where Melbourne were cheating, having an opportunity to claim supremacy over the cheating scum.

Having said that, NZ being in the GF would be better for the game than Melbourne.