What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best League Caller at the moment.

Who is Rugby League's best Play-by-Play caller?

• Ray Warren

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Andrew Voss

• Dave Morrow

• Tim Gilbert -ABC Radio

• Craig Hamilton - ABC Radio

• Ray Hadley - 2GB

• Warren Smith

• Andy Raymond

• Total voters

Parraren

Bench
Andy Raymond- lame, tries to be too fancy, doesnt pay attention to the game much, no good for Rugby League. He's the worst commentator. Bring back TK.

Agreed 100%

Raymond is such a f@rking tool!

I used to love watching games TK was calling back in the Optus TV days. Wish he'd get a start at Fox. I think he's doing a radio show now, correct?

raider_at_heart

Juniors
Bumble said:
I voted for Warren Smith, but I think Wayne Pearce is the best.

Are you serious mate?

Wayne Pearce can't string a sentence together which is pretty important when commentating.

Him and Wally Lewis on nrl on fox are embarrasing to watch.

dG

Juniors
I don't think Raymond is THAT bad...sure he'll never get a job on Ch. 9, but still i have heard worse callers on FOX.

But I think all the analyst or expert commentators outside of Fatty, Sterlo, Laurie Daily and Phil GOuld (as much as I hate the guy) are useless...especially on Fox...and Ch.9's desire to have ex star callers at the moment is not great as they are not great...Joey is useless as is Ben Iken, although he is a bit better...

Im happy they dont have CHeif in the box..that would hurt...and Although Matty is a funny guy and good for post match interviews, as a caller he is hard to listen too...

And FOX...well they dont get much better...

iggy plop

First Grade
Foz said:
Hadley love him or hate him is the best caller in my book.

Hadley was a good caller once, but he goes on like a tool now. His shocking show doesn't help his cause.

He'd be more passionate about darts than rugby league these days.

AdamH

Juniors
Hadley is the best (despite hating him) although I never listen to his calls anymore ever since he stopped calling a game half-way because "he didn't like it".

I like Warren Smith.

Sun_Down

Juniors
Daily is a terriable commentator

Gould is just a wanker! i actually laugh listening to him talk

I said Warren Smith

Mr Saab

Referee
actual league callers (and nothing else) in my opinion :

* hadley
* voss
* braybrook
* ray warren

shiznit

Coach
costo is the greatest.
"COP THAT!!" :lol:

seriously though, Rabs and Greame Hughes for me.

ngunity

Juniors
Vossy for me, I think he's got plenty of knowledge, is a good play by play caller and is occasionally good for a chuckle. It's obvious he loves league a lot too and that's important to me

Re: Warren Smith I just feel like he lacks a bit of knowledge, although I will say he was an EXCELLENT adjudicator for Fox's forum on the State of the game last year. Just knowledge is his downfall

Kris_man

Bench
Warren Smith has the best combination of funny calls and serious footy knowledge. He seems to invent these league metaphors as he goes, it's so funny.

Saint 60

Juniors
dont think theres one of the thats much chop...
they cant say what they want now and are bound by to many rules :(
cant call the ref a wanker..even if he was
dont show to much of the biff..

Really wish Ray Warren would stick to calling the swimming..his voice is a drowning old man....

We have to put up with Vautin and Sterling every Friday night or Sunday or Both...y aint they there

The should change them every couple of years....
so we dont have to listen to the same veiws, same 1 liners, same rubbish about horse racing...bla bla bla

bring back the MOOSE :)

sunny

Hadley is the best (despite hating him) although I never listen to his calls anymore ever since he stopped calling a game half-way because "he didn't like it".

when did this happen?

Latest posts