What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

best names to have played the game

Through the decades....

Augustus Venness - Glebe 1908
Os Clutton - North Sydney-Annandale 1910/11
Stan Brain - St George 1927-29, 1932/3
Arthur Clues - Wests 1943-46
Roy Freebody - Canterbury 1955/6
Dudley Towers - Newtown 1961-63
Gary Thoroughgood - Manly 1972-77
Grant Boatswain - Norths 1983/4
Darren Winmill - Parramatta 1993
Naipolioni Kuricibi - North Queensland 2000/1
Trent Grubb - Cronulla 2010

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Through the decades....

Augustus Venness - Glebe 1908
Os Clutton - North Sydney-Annandale 1910/11
Stan Brain - St George 1927-29, 1932/3
Arthur Clues - Wests 1943-46
Roy Freebody - Canterbury 1955/6
Dudley Towers - Newtown 1961-63
Gary Thoroughgood - Manly 1972-77
Grant Boatswain - Norths 1983/4
Darren Winmill - Parramatta 1993
Naipolioni Kuricibi - North Queensland 2000/1
Trent Grubb - Cronulla 2010
A grub playing for Cronulla? Never.

Ausguy

Coach
Sam Isemonger
The ‘Iceman’ was a freakishly tall almost albino forward who gave good service to both the Sharks and Dragons...imagine him and Kade ‘Abominable’ Snowden packing down together! Cruelled by a series of knee injuries Frosty retired to a lifetime of applying sunscreen at Cronulla beach and bad ice related puns.

about 5'9, i went to school with him...

innsaneink

Referee
ali lauitiiti, far too many i's!

Reminds me of his mate Francis Meli

Smelly_French_Guy_by_Amadeus102.jpg

Loudstrat

Coach
Again, the forgotten immortal can claim legendary status even in this measure of League greatness.

Mick Liubinskas.

I can still hear the late Rex Mossop bellowing into the microphone when the great man would steam on to a crisp Raudonikis pass close to the Lidcombe goal posts - Raudonikis, out to Liubinskas on the burst......LIUBINSKAS........LOOOO-BIIIIIN-SKAAAASSSS!!!

Honorary mentions to Joe Squadrito, Ziggy Niczcott, Rex Terp, Junior Sau and simply because his parents were to f*cking thick to think of a name - Peter Peters.

At least some parents showed clever, innovative thinking in naming brothers - aka Ed and Ted Sulkowicz.

Clealy the most stupid, laughable and idiotic names ever are Wally Lewis, Darren Lockyer, Allan Langer and Gordon Tallis!

Last edited:
Always loved the names, Greg Oliphant and Stan Jurd.

There seems to be enough names to put a team together. May I suggest Leo Nosworthy as coach?

Didgi

There's a winger in the Dogs lower grades, I believe he played U16s for NSW this year and possibly Aus schoolboys, by the name of Sione f**kaf**ko.

Latest posts