Best of luck, Steve

Discussion in 'Parramatta Eels' started by Gronk, Oct 13, 2010.

1. CrazyEel

CrazyEel Bench

Seriously Terry, though I give you great kudos for even trying I honestly can't understand why you bother responding on here. You surely can't possibly expect to receive any semblance of an objective response to anything you post.

2. Suitman

Suitman Immortal

Which is unfortunate.

Suity

3. Gronk

Gronk Moderator Staff Member

Oh for f**ks sake and you are objective yourself ?

4. CrazyEel

CrazyEel Bench

I never claimed to be :D

5. Sangreal 86

Sangreal 86 Juniors

Who gets paid mate, board members are allocated 10k pa and I think they have waved it.

Perhaps your in depth knowledge can enlighten us, but remeber things have change in the last few years.

6. Sangreal 86

Sangreal 86 Juniors

I stuck my head in a noose, and got an unmerciful kicking from Fitzgerald supporters in the media, but I did it for change, and if anyone thinks I am going to walk away and hand it back to them, they are very much mistaken.

I respect people with other points of view, as long as it is an educated point of view, and factual. There are a lot of good people on here and a section that will never accept anything anyone does for the successful future of this club.

These are good people that I am involved with, so why you do not support their efforts to improve what we have is beyond me. If they stuff up you will have to get in line behind me to give it to them. Give credit where credit is due, and give educated critism when founded.

7. Sangreal 86

Sangreal 86 Juniors

Come on mate, I am still waiting for you to tell me who is being paid ????

8. cv8z

cv8z Juniors

How much do you think the board get paid? :lol:

9. CrazyEel

CrazyEel Bench

Well you are wrong there old fella, I did vote for them and do still support most of what they are doing. Don't take that support for granted though Terry as I will always support what I believe is best for the club and that may not always be your team or even all the members of your team.

However that was not what I was referring to, I am just amazed you bother to keep coming back after all the the cheap shots, vindictiveness and subjective crap that's thrown at you each time, personally I just wouldn't put myself through it.

10. mrpwnd

mrpwnd Bench

I never stated I knew explicitly how much they get paid, or who gets paid.
    I merely doubted that they get paid a pittance as you implied.

10k pa? Really? Can you prove that they get paid less than the average KFC worker?
    I can't but given their status within our club isn't it safe to assume or theorize that they get paid significantly more than that? Am I not allowed to question your claim?

PS ...Mate...I'm not gonna sit around on my computer all day anticipating a reply from you just to reply back, it's great that your so passionate about the current board and the club...but you do realize I can't sit on my comp for 24 hours right?

Last edited: Oct 15, 2010
  11. mrpwnd

mrpwnd Bench

Can't say I have even the slightest clue.
    Surely not the amount specified by sangreal?

12. bartman

bartman Immortal

He said, she said... I wonder why Sangreal 86's stated "facts" without any evidence or links above are allowed to stand, when others are deleted? :-k

Oh, that's right - the poor dear is whinging in various threads about how the admins of this site must have it in for him, and are preventing him (and only him) from stating his views? :lol:

Claims he respects other views, but then attacks people for holding them. And then gets upset when he gets the same treatment? You made your bed Sangreal.... :crazy:
    :crazy

13. mrpwnd

mrpwnd Bench

I pray that you see the subjectivity within both sides right?
    There are a good amount of subjective responses on this forum, and rightfully so, and it really isn't restricted to the anti-board blokes.
    You did realize that right?

14. lingard

lingard First Grade

So, what`s the right answer?

15. lingard

lingard First Grade

But aren`t your 'stated facts without any evidence' allowed to stand, Bartman? You`re allowed to call the board 'a bunch of cowboys' and a 'bunch of clowns' without anyone taking you to task or asking you to back up these comments with fact or proof. Your comments have not constituted logical or well thought out argument; they are more along the lines of character assassination - which we all know is the lowest form of political argument. It is also impossible to argue against. I guess that`s why it is used so often. Either you are one of these people who just shoot their mouths off before they know all the facts, or you have a definite agenda to try to persuade as many people as possible to vote against the current board. Because you generally appear to be well-educated and thoughtful, I wouldn`t put you in the former category (though education doesn`t necessarily proclude a person from naievity.)

16. lingard

lingard First Grade

Wouldn`t it be the case that being a board member is not a full-time job? Most board members would have a seperate full-time job as well as being board-members (unless they are retirees), so that the 'pittance' you mentioned would be on top of their other salaries. Makes sense to me.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
  17. CrazyEel

CrazyEel Bench

I love how he says he hasn't the slightest clue but still wants to argue the amount anyway:crazy:

18. lingard

lingard First Grade

That`s what most people on the forum have been doing, isn`t it, Crazy Eel? :lol:

19. CrazyEel

CrazyEel Bench

Afraid so Ivor. You'd think rational people wouldn't jump to conclusions based solely on media rumours, especially after the media myth of Tahus's 3 year $300K contract has shown how much the media are prepared to fabricate and distort facts in order to publish their own personal opinions.

Nature of the beast I suppose, people just don't question the validity of any story that strengthens the view they are pushing but vehemetly challenge all stories that weaken it, we are but human.

20. Sangreal 86

Sangreal 86 Juniors