What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best PLayers and thoughts on the game

StGeorge

Juniors
hi, i just wanted to get ppls opinions on the game, including players performances, referee decisions, phil goulds commentating, moments in the game and other stuff as well. Its an all in brawl, everyone just let everythin out dont hold back.

We just weren't organized in attack, which was very disappointing. On the plus side our defense was absolutely fantastic, which was very surprising.

I haven't seen the replay but I think we got rolled a few times by the officials, no matter.

Ohh and another great performance from our captain. May undying fame surround his name.

I thought holding Tingha up when he was away was a bit dodgy as well.

Another plus is that we didn't drop any bombs which is unheard of with our backs.

StGeorge

Juniors
yeah and ill tell you one thing, when bailey and ryles r back at startin props the experience kite and sims have gotten wouldve payed dividends, cause right now their starting quality forwards yet we strong enuf to havin them comin off the bench, and also baz comes back we r in for a cracker year

Anonymous

Juniors
1.) It was a 'quality loss' if there is such a thing.
2.) Lance Thompson was outstanding.
3.) I hear the sighs of relief out Bondi way from here.
4.) I reckon our lads would be keen to play them again tomorrow.
5.) Brownie is no longer a 'crap coach'.

Browny admitted that catic's disallowed try was a dud decision as di ricky about Gaz's try so seems like thing were evened up. At least we can all say our teams were involved in one of the best rugby league games of ALL TIME. use might think it was a shit game but just imagine if use won and wat a great win u would have thought it was. One thing that was obvious at the end of the game is that roosters and dragons are the 2 best defensive teams in the comp.

roostersalltheway said:
Browny admitted that catic's disallowed try was a dud decision as di ricky about Gaz's try so seems like thing were evened up. At least we can all say our teams were involved in one of the best rugby league games of ALL TIME.

:lol:

Get a grip will ya.

StGeorge

Juniors
im gonna create a new website bout rugby league, need a team of 6 or more, neone interested answer here, and willow is it ok 4 me to ask here

Red Bear

Referee
Thompson was once again outstanding for you guys, and Matthew Head played really well. The game coulda gone either way but i'm glad the Roosters won :) Fittlers try was the highlight tho, that was Class with a capital C.

knights04

Bench
All players had a pearler of a game with great defence on both sides for 80 mins. The No try decision with Gasnier could have gone either way but IMO was the wrong decison. The two Roosters defenders were flat footed therefore Gasnier saw a hole and went into the corner. The Roosters may have been milking a penalty anyway and therefore Crocker had a shot at goal but missed after the try was dissallowed. Phil Gould was sometimes annoying especially with his opinion of a shephard in Gasnier's dissallowed try. Cooper's tackle of Cross when he intercepted and ran 50 m was one of the highlights. I thought Thompson had a ripper and was a deserved motm. The way Thompson's playing at the moment he is a certainty for NSW.

Biglance

Bench
hornby's defense was great, simmonds awesome and kite was a the best prop on the field.

clark has never given us a decent decision we were bodged he hates us

Godz Illa

Coach
The score was no indication of the match. It was much closer. Should have been 8.5 to 8. The two bodgy video ref calls cancel each other out. The absence of Bailey/Barrett and Fitzgibbon/Wing cancel each other out. Cant wait til we meet again.

Only gripe: Why wasn't the number one ref Tim Mander in control of the match? Instead of number five or six Clark? Sh*t bring back Moghseen Jadwat.

StGeorge

Juniors
i dont get how two no tries cancel each other out. Catics no try was a no try but gazs no try was a disgrace. Great game tho i think this could be the gf preview u kno and how bias is phil gould

Surely

Post Whore
Fantastic game I really enjoyed watching it, I thought the Dragons were unlucky ...

and Gould reconfirmed what an idiot he is.

Acka

Coach
Denis'saints'Freak said:
We just weren't organized in attack, which was very disappointing. On the plus side our defense was absolutely fantastic, which was very surprising.

I haven't seen the replay but I think we got rolled a few times by the officials, no matter.

Ohh and another great performance from our captain. May undying fame surround his name.

You may think so and I guess there is a lot of people out there who will agree with you but I don't many other sides would have been able to get through the Roosters or Dragons defence yesterday.

The Dragons did really well yesterday, if they had played anyone else yesterday they would have won by 20

Anonymous

Juniors
GoTheBears said:
Willow said:
It was a crap try - with a capital C.
:roll:
Is that the best you've got? There was nothing special about that try. A solo effort and a defender fell off to give him the opening. For the rest of the match, Fittler did next to nothing. Good luck to him because he took full advantage of the opportunity.