What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best punch ever in origin?

andrew057

First Grade
EXACTLY!!! anyone with eyes can see that. Waterhouse got sent off coz he came in late, not coz he knocked him out.

Thurston is an absolute grub. ive never seen something so deliberately dirty on a footy field before. if i was Davey Williams i would wanna kill the bastard.

This thread is about the White-Price incident, theres already a thread about Thurston.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I hated it, not why I watch Rugby League. Some people may watch Rugby League for moments like that, but not me.

But the NSW passion in me loved it.

the kirwan kid

Juniors
I'm a QLDer and huge Steve Price fan but White's shot definitely hit him right on the button. It was on his way down - he was gone - that Waterhouse collected him. I used to be an amatuer boxer ... there's a spot on everybody's chin that, if hit (even by a shot that looks minor), will see you drop like a bag of sh*t. I've had it done to me and doine it to others. When they fall you really can't belive it but that's just what happens when you hit the spot!
If we were picking fighters him & webke would get the flick for Webb & Campion!!

joobminty

Juniors
The punch that White landed on Price chin. Watch the replay on the news and you will see the fist contact Price, Price's eyes roll back in his head and THEN Wtaerhouse collects Price.

Not saying what Waterhouse did was not deserving of punishment, he was third in, but clearly he did not knock Price out.

I just watched it freeze frame. The best angle is the one with White's back to the camera. White did get Price fair and square but he had two earlier free shots at him - White had to connect eventually.

The first was after the play the ball when White threw the straight right that somehow missed Price who was just standing there at marker.

The second was where Kimmorley was clearly holding Price's left forearm in an attempt to break up the fight - White should have ended the fight there but missed again

Then Price stepped away to his right - maybe he thought Kimmorley was going to grab his arm again - who can say - and White tagged him hard. Good punch but not a fair fight.

aqua_duck

Coach
Thurston is an absolute grub. ive never seen something so deliberately dirty on a footy field before. if i was Davey Williams i would wanna kill the bastard.
If I was Davey Williams I'd wanna kill myself after that game.

Just on the fight great punch by White, that punch is more worth more than anything kite ever did in his origin career.

Afterwards was shameful, QLD kicked the ball away on the 1st and just went after whichever NSW player caught the ball, Hodges came in 4th man in with a forearm that just missed, if thats not a deliberate dog act I don't know what is

hutch

First Grade
You blokes above a one eyed
Im no price fan either and in a way he got a bit of his own back
By rights Waterhouse should be in deep sh*te
He has come in late
3rd man in
Price is defenceless getting off the ground
Around the head -head high
Head slam cant do that
It was real coward act I wouldnt be proud if I was waterhouse-I would be dead set ashamed of my self
If it was a comp match Waterhouse would be getting the season.
Been SOO he will probably get off lightly..but if Price has any serious damage people will not relent on seeing him hang
That bloody Hodges is a total idiot when he goes off!he instigated evry brawl tonight shouldnt able to get away with that.

righto mate. everybody rushes in during an origin fight. its always been like that. waterhouse did abolsutely nothing, he may have even been trying to jump on price's back to break it up. price was out before waterhouse got there. its the worst send off i can remember, absolute joke.

Nerd

Bench
Will have to watch it again missed the punch just saw Waterhouse take him out from the side around the head. It was a cheap shot and Waterhouse should hang his head.

Last edited:

Liam

Juniors
Waterhouse was trying to break the fight up, White knocked him out and Inglis did quite abit of damage to him with his knees.

An41

Juniors
Will have to watch it again missed the punch just saw Waterhouse take him out from the side around the head. It was a cheap shot and Waterhouse should hang his head.
I cant believe people are sooking over Waterhouse,if White didnt knock the f**k out of price it wouldve been simpy considered as Waterhouse breaking up the fight, people saying that say Waterhouse was around the head is because Price had already got death legs by the time Waterhouse got to him.

jonno_knights

Juniors
Well Mason didnt get anything for knocking that pom out a few yrs ago did he? so White shouldnt get anything, seeing as though Price at least got a few shots in. Only way ppl should be suspended for punching is if its a King hit, or the other guy cant protect himself (being held back by opposition players).

If they are going toe to toe, should just be left on the field, if Price wasnt knocked out nothing would have been said, and QLD wouldnt have even resorted to coward tactics at the end.

Nerd

Bench
I cant believe people are sooking over Waterhouse,if White didnt knock the f**k out of price it wouldve been simpy considered as Waterhouse breaking up the fight, people saying that say Waterhouse was around the head is because Price had already got death legs by the time Waterhouse got to him.
You blokes are kidding. Since when is taking out someone around the head and from the side just breaking a fight up.

Hanscholo

Bench
what punch? Price got taken out by waterhouse in a dog act.

It's just a shame that any suspension he gets will hurt penrith and not nsw.

lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

TV screen 1 you nil.

mxlegend99

Referee
He was only around the head because Price was falling to the ground. Had he not been knocked out it would have been a non incident.

aqua_duck

Coach
If Price didn't get knocked out Waterhouse wouldn't have sent him down in that fashion. House was trying to push Price away with abit of authority, if he wanted to knock Price out he would've come in with a big haymaker

An41

Juniors
You blokes are kidding. Since when is taking out someone around the head and from the side just breaking a fight up.
see most of the fights that get broken up, players get grabbed from behind limbs are everywhere around the neck etc

Latest posts