What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best signing for 2006

Souths best signing for 2006

• Joe Galavoa ( Back rower ) from Penrith

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Stu Webb ( Hooker ) from Roosters

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Jamain Lowe ( Prop ) from Cowboys

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Shane Elford ( Centre ) from Tigers

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Paul Mellor ( Centre ) from Sharks

• Nathan Merritt ( Utility back ) from Sharks

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Ben Rogers ( 5/8 - Lock ) from Penrith

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Balin Cuples ( Centre ) from QLD cup

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Franko

Juniors
I started a post on the NRL part of this site , so thought it was only fair to do one on my beloved Souths. Probably better for us anyway as we don't have the semis to worry about and we are looking forward to next year.

So i've done a poll on Souths best signing for next year and look forward to the responses.

I actually found it quite hard. Galuvao is probably the best signing if he stays fit, however i personally believe Nathan Merritt and Ben Rogers will also be good signings.

Franko

Juniors
Alba said:
id say galavao for mine ..

I agree it depends on if he can stay fit. If he can stay fit he will create huge Impact for Souths. He probably replaces Logan more then he does Harrison.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
imo Galuvao will be a disappointment. He's a fairly solid first-grader but injury prone and a year or so past his best.

Franko

Juniors
Johnny Nitro and The Vipers said:
I say the re-signing of John Sutton is the best,
apart from the signing of Shaun McRae.

That goes without saying Johnny, however this poll was asking of the new signings.

Franko

Juniors
iggy plop said:
Worst signing is Galuvao.

What a waste of cash he will be.

I disagree. If he stays fit he will be great value to Souths. I don't think it's any coincidence since he's been back Penrith have come good. He has been giving 100% and playing very strongly.

thomo

Juniors
I've gone for Elford. Centre is a position (not the only one) we have really struggled with since reinstatement and he was in very good form with the Tigers before his injury. Hopefully Buddy will continue to improve with a full off-season of training and we will have a strong centre pairing come 2006.

lockyno1

Post Whore
I will say Stuart Webb actually. He is one Roosters player I have rated for quite a while.

sharks4ever

Juniors
start webb will prove to be buy of the year a very versitlie player who i think will wind up playing lock

timmeah

Juniors
Balin Cupples is someone that might surprise the club next year he extremely quick centre. Wait till you see him in space next year if he gets the opportunity in the top grade. The other thing is that he always gets wraps on telly up here in qld by his coaches about his professional attitude at training. The only negative worrying me is that he took a few head knocks this year in QCup.

Tigerpete

Juniors
Yeah Cupples was at Balmain a couple of years ago, played one game for Wests Tigers during that time too, then moved to Tweed Heads. VERY quick but also VERY small. Putting my bias aside i think Elford will do well for the bunnies, a very good defensive centre, defenetly one of the unheralded players for us this season.

Franko

Juniors
Tigerpete said:
Yeah Cupples was at Balmain a couple of years ago, played one game for Wests Tigers during that time too, then moved to Tweed Heads. VERY quick but also VERY small. Putting my bias aside i think Elford will do well for the bunnies, a very good defensive centre, defenetly one of the unheralded players for us this season.

I notice Cuples is only 22. So still maybe ok.

tigaboimitch

Juniors
Easy Elford, elford is a very good centre and srtong in all faces of the game.

balin cuples isnt that great, i dont tihnk he is a First Grader, but hopefully for Souths he can become a very good one.

Souths are a team moving forward and i look forward to watching them next year

Franko

Juniors
tigaboimitch said:
Easy Elford, elford is a very good centre and srtong in all faces of the game.

balin cuples isnt that great, i dont tihnk he is a First Grader, but hopefully for Souths he can become a very good one.

Souths are a team moving forward and i look forward to watching them next year

Moving forward? Light at the end of the tunnell, at the end of the day!!
You wouldn't be an office worker by any chance?

Latest posts