What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best/ Worst Covers

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
HevyDevy said:
Summer Breeze - Type O Negative
You Really Got Me - Van Halen
California Girls - David Lee Roth
A Fine Day To Die - Emperor
Message In a Bottle - Machine Head

Some good choices there. I like MH's version of "Colors" better than "Message in a Bottle" though.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Best:

All along the watchtower- jimmy hendrix
eve of destruction- screaming jets
the man who sold the world- nirvana
sunday bloody sunday- living end

Knightmare

Coach
I heard 'To the moon and back' by Human Nature tonight and I reckon it would sound cool if a hardcore band did a cover of it.

Iafeta

Referee
Who originally did All Along the Watchtower? I love Jimi Hendrix, I thought he was the original.. guess not.

Best: Agree with rooster booster, Live and Let Die - Guns N' Roses, cover of a version from Wings

Iafeta

Referee
Good (but the original is still good) Video Killed the Radio Star, can't remember who did them

Anytime any girly chick tries to f*ck up a rock anthem, thats just f*cked up right there.

ledzep

Bench
Iafeta said:
Who originally did All Along the Watchtower? I love Jimi Hendrix, I thought he was the original.. guess not.

Best: Agree with rooster booster, Live and Let Die - Guns N' Roses, cover of a version from Wings
Bob Dylan

ledzep

Bench
Iafeta said:
Good (but the original is still good) Video Killed the Radio Star, can't remember who did them

Anytime any girly chick tries to f*ck up a rock anthem, thats just f*cked up right there.
That reminds me:
Worst - Sheryl Crow - Sweet Child O' Mine
:evil: :evil: :evil:

salivor

First Grade
Iafeta said:

And thats why when talking covers there is only one cover to beat them all, Jimi Hendrix - All Along the Watchtower. Was a great song originally by Bob Dylan but Jimi took to a whole new level where these days the original has almost been forgotten.

Some of my other favourite covers would be:
Bob Dylan - House of the Rising Sun
Rage Against the Machine - Renegades of Funk
The White Stripes - Joelene
Tool - No Quarter
Nirvana - Where did you sleep last night?
John Lennon - Stand by me
Eric Clapton - Cocaine
Jimi Hendrix - Hey Joe

edabomb

First Grade
Best: Seal - Who wants to live forever at the Freddy Mercury tribute concert.

Worst: Perfect Circle - Imagine

Alex28

Coach
Best:

Hurt - Johnny Cash
Masters of War - Pearl Jam
Sea of Love - Cat Power
Teenage Kicks - Snow Patrol
Army of Me - Helmet
Since U Been Gone - Ted Leo

Special mention should go to The Herd for "Only 19" - it could have been very easy to f*ck up that song but they did a great job, and to witness it live with John Schumann performing with them was pretty amazing.

Worst:

Try not to listen to bad music, but most of the ones mentioned here (as worst) are pretty bad. Sugarbabes covering "Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor" was pretty bad too.

Gene Krupa

Referee
Best: I Will Survive - Cake. They made that song their own.
Mr Postman - The Beatles
Roll Over Beethoven - The Beatles

Best (off the top of my head)
Black Betty - Spiderbait
Forever Young - Youth Group
Gangstas Paradise - Coolio (at the time anyway)

Worst
American Pie - Madonna (same as DB)
Locomotion - Kylie Minogue

Latest posts