What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best/ Worst Covers

Pistol

Coach
Best Covers

All Along The Watchtower - Jimi Hendrix
Jailhouse Rock - John Belushi (Blues Brothers Soundtrack)
Helter Skelter - U2
Summertime Blues - The Stray Cats
Mr Tamborine Man - The Byrds

Worst Covers

Anything that came from Shatner, in particular Mr Tamborine Man
Sweet Child O' Mine - Sheryl Crow
Behind Blue Eyes - Limp Bizkit
Like A Rolling Stone - The Rolling Stones (I am not a Stone basher. I very much like the Stones. This just wasnt one of their best renditions)

carcharias

Immortal
I only just found out Helter skelter is about a slippery dip on a pier in England.

Thanks Ernie Dingo.

LESStar58

Referee
Have to agree... Coolio sampled Stevie's "Past Time Paradise" and chnaged the words himself....

I forgot to mention No use FOr A Name's cover of Sinead O'Connor's "This Is Not A Rebel Song"...f**king awesome!

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Best

Now I Wanna Sniff Some Glue - Metallica
Tutti Frutti - Queen
Sanitarium - Limp Bizkit

LESStar58

Referee
I heard the REM & Warren Zevon cover of Prince's "Raspberry beret" a few weeks back. Does justice to a pretty ingenious track!

edabomb

First Grade
Warren Zevon - Knockin on Heavens Door is pretty good. He had terminal cancer at the time.

LESStar58

Referee
best going out quote EVER....

David Letterman: Any advice?

Warren Zevon: Yes. Enjoy every sandwhich.

:clap: well said!

edabomb

First Grade
LESStar58 said:
best going out quote EVER....

David Letterman: Any advice?

Warren Zevon: Yes. Enjoy every sandwhich.

:clap: well said!

Indeed. Some guy from Canada is sending me the DVD of the Letterman appearance :D

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
Worst covers???? bloke down the boozer on a friday night masquerading as a one man band! slaughters any song you care to mention!

Alex28

Coach
rubbish roosterbooster - it's pretty well done, and a great example on how to put your own spin on a cover and not try to re-create the original note for note.

Latest posts