What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bet You Would Like That One Point Now !!

Jux

Juniors
Each time I see one of these extra time games now, it really pees me off no end !

Still can't fathom why the limp bizkits running the JV didn't take the matter further, or why so many on here were quick to agree in letting the rabbits have OUR legitimate point (sh1te, it's not like they need it !).

Always had a feeling from the time it happened that it would come back to haunt us.

I say the management should revisit this issue and kick up as much stink as possible.

Palms

Juniors
no point revisiting it now as it would go absolutely nowhere but in sayin that it would be handy..cant rely on 1 point to carry a season though.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
We didn't deserve to win that game, the right result ensued.

Get over it.

magpiemax

Juniors
madunit said:

Get over it.
He has a point Unit,the rules clearly stipulate that there must be a change of ends in extra time when it is half time.
Do you think the Rooster's or the Bulldog's would of let it go????????
Would'nt you be p1ssed off if we miss out on the semi's by 1 point??????

Swampdonkey

Juniors
It is a disappointment that we didn't get a point and we should of pursued the matter.

But to be honest, if we don't make the finals with the run home we have then we don't deserve to be there...........

magpiemax

Juniors
Swampdonkey said:
It is a disappointment that we didn't get a point and we should of pursued the matter.

But to be honest, if we don't make the finals with the run home we have then we don't deserve to be there...........
Point taken,I just feel that should we have received the ball instead of kicking to them after that half time interval,God know's what the result would have been.
I just think that our supporter's & club are to soft and accepting.

CULLUS.ONLINE

Juniors
At the rate we are going, it seems that we will otherwise just miss out on the top 8 to the cowboys by 1 point............. unless we beat newcaslte.

I would hate to imagine what it would be like if we missed out on the finals because of that souths game and if we do then in all seriousness, the rules HAVE been broken and wests tigers should get at least 1 point from the draw!

No one, and i say NO ONE can argue with the rules.

If they are not upheld..............................

Swampdonkey

Juniors
magpiemax said:
Swampdonkey said:

Point taken,I just feel that should we have received the ball instead of kicking to them after that half time interval,God know's what the result would have been.
I just think that our supporter's & club are to soft and accepting.

You're right Max, the club should have done more. The situation is no different to a team that is losing a game scoring a try 2 minutes after the full time siren should have gone and subsequently winning the match and I would imagine there would be a HUGE uproar if something like that happened to the Roosters, Bulldogs or Broncos.

The NRL is going to continue to lose credibility whilst they continue on with the refereeing standards that have been apparent this year. Things need to change.

I think the NRL has a case to answer to the Tigers on the refereeing standards they have been subject to all season, not just the Souths game. Too often the referees have had an inappropriate impact on the outcome of games we have been involved in. The referee is there to do a job, but should not be the topic of discussion at the end of the game. There is too much money invested in rugby league for them not to get it right.

The competition is too tight for there too be mistakes and to be honest we are no better or worse than the likes of the Raiders, Cowboys, Sharks and Knights but unfortunately poor refereeing decisions could be the difference between us and them making the 8.

That said, we have an easy run home and are in control of our own destiny, if we win the games that we should win then we will make the 8.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
max, i know what you're saying, but if we had've played better before the extra time, we could have been in front and won the match and had two points.

You can discuss what if's all day long. We let Adam MacDougall, Willie Peters and Bryan Fletcher do whatever they liked all game long and it punished us. We made poor decisions in attack as well and we were punished for that.

Put simply, we didn't deserve to win and it was a credit we made the match go into golden point.

I wouldn't be pissed off if we missed the finals by one point, purely because it was a game where we weren't the better team and we should have lost by more then 1 point.

I'd be more concerned about the debacles in games we performed well in.
ie - Penrith at Penrith, in the second half with th offside and the knock n by Penrith

that 1 point is going to hurt but unit is right we didnt play well enough to win.

But with cowboys winning last night i think that they will be in 8 with us dragons and raiders fighting for that 8th spot

Cmon manly

thought i never would say that #-o

_A_J_Gray_

Juniors
I dont think we deserve the point either.

When that 'siren' should of gone for halftime , Souths had the ball about 2 metres out from their own line, which was probably a better position for us to be in than to have the ball 10 metres out from our line anyway...

We even with the missup, had the chance to win that extra time game but it was our poor defence which let them get home.

Famous1

Juniors
magpiemax said:
madunit said:

Get over it.
He has a point Unit,the rules clearly stipulate that there must be a change of ends in extra time when it is half time.
Do you think the Rooster's or the Bulldog's would of let it go????????
Would'nt you be p1ssed off if we miss out on the semi's by 1 point??????
it wasnt the referee's fault, whos fault was in, the ground managers from both sides not knowing the rules

Wrighty79

Juniors
The point is, we've had 19 weeks to make sure this result had little or no bearing on the rest of the year. It is OUR fault, not the NRL's, that we are in dire need of that one competition point.

HOT028

Juniors
we didn't deserve the one point and we had plenty of chances to kick a field goal and win it.

magpiemax

Juniors
Wrighty79 said:
The point is, we've had 19 weeks to make sure this result had little or no bearing on the rest of the year. It is OUR fault, not the NRL's, that we are in dire need of that one competition point.
I will ask you the same question in a few week's time if we miss the 8 by 1 point.

Tigerpete

Juniors
I dont know if we can really look at games and say .......dropped points there or not. Perhaps for me the only game in which i feel we lost 2 points was the Manly game at brooky. we were beaten by a side who played crap and still beat us. Our other games against Penrith, Bulldogs, Canberra, Souths and Brisbane, im more willing to say that there were developments in those games which decreased the chance of us winning the game which were on the behalf of officials who stuffed up.

But in those four games(i'll exclude our trip to canberra) we still had ample chances to win it before and after those errors. Still it doesnt take away from the fact we've been the victims of second rate officiating too many times this season, which at the end of the day is more of a concern.

magpiemax

Juniors
Jux said:
Each time I see one of these extra time games now, it really pees me off no end !

Still can't fathom why the limp bizkits running the JV didn't take the matter further, or why so many on here were quick to agree in letting the rabbits have OUR legitimate point (sh1te, it's not like they need it !).

Always had a feeling from the time it happened that it would come back to haunt us.

I say the management should revisit this issue and kick up as much stink as possible.
I'm afraid you may be right!! :x

holla4amarshall

Juniors
1 point wont worry us at all coz our for and against is so much better then anyone else competing for 8th
we need 2 points and it has to be cowbioys

angeman

Juniors
i can't believe the calls we cop - and the same thing happens again and again. The souths game, the 14th man, the try last night, the penalty and knock on missed against penrith, the knock on by utai, the knock on by elford against manly from his foot etc etc. do we even get the 50/50 calls? do we even get the blatant ones? none of this would ever happen to Brisbane or the Roosters as the refs are intimidated. what the hell is going on when you have to beat the other team and the ref.

Latest posts