What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Betrayed by a kiss, claims rejected Tynan

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Nice generalisation there Frenzy. I'm a member and am quite capable of free thought thanks.

And I am betting it wasn't Barry. Ask him and all he was responsible for were the good bits.
No, I asked the man himself. The board relied on his input as a professional. This is something which must be addressed in the future as at the time, there was nobody on the board which had any knowledge of current NRL trends & standards.
But as an aside, its great to see the club is moving towards establshing KPI's for all stake holders.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Nope. I refuse to join an entity that makes you wait 3 years for voting rights.

That mechanism is there to protect the club being taken over by a "group". Such as a group of St George supporters or a group of bowling club people who view shark park as an attractive place for 4 side by side bowling greens or thing which you detest the most, a supporters club.

Having seen what can happen very quickly in regards to annual elections I can guarantee that the 3 year association is a very, very protective necessity for the football club. AT any rate, the voting that is done as a football club member is minimal in its current form. No votes are cast to decide directors.
If electing directors is your main gripe then you need to be a member of the leagues club, at present. Joining this club will give you immediate voting rights on who sits on the board of the leagues club & the football club. it is the most important think to be a member of if you are a sharks supporter & trying to instigate change.

Actually come to think of it, has there been any votes undertaken in the football club in the last few years other than last week?

CAn somebody tell me if Tynan made the football club meeting the other night or did she have to leave due to non-membership?

PJ

First Grade
She stayed.

Everyone was welcome to stay so I can't say if it was due to having membership or not.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Hmm interesting. IMO footbal club talk is for football club members. Not leagues club members, not supporters, not reporters.

Macca

Coach
Hmm interesting. IMO footbal club talk is for football club members. Not leagues club members, not supporters, not reporters.

Only those with the orange football club members agenda were allowed to vote in the football club meeting. They made a special point of making people hold it up for their vote to count.

The membership types do need ratification, obviously it's not a priority at the moment, but I know its on the agenda.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Frenzy, there is a much bigger world out there than this forum. There are many critics, some of whom attended the meeting & had a dig the other night.
I am not about to criticise anything the people at the meeting did, right or wrong, because that is the correct forum for such events.
As I said, it all creates for an open & transparent system & puts pressure on the stakeholders to perform.

Oh yeah right and you have NEVER used this forum to express yourself.

Frenzy what do you think about the current boards decision to drop honorariums? Surely amongst the criticism there must be some positives?

The honorariums have never worried me. Never commented on them except to say that people overestimated their value. I think it's just an act of martyrdom to be honest. Doesn't impress me one iota.

As a firm believer in the old adage that "no man does anything in this life if there is nothing in it for him", well, whats in it for them?

I don't care. I will NEVER support any board where Irvine is the chairman. EVER. Simple.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
That mechanism is there to protect the club being taken over by a "group". Such as a group of St George supporters or a group of bowling club people who view shark park as an attractive place for 4 side by side bowling greens or thing which you detest the most, a supporters club.

Having seen what can happen very quickly in regards to annual elections I can guarantee that the 3 year association is a very, very protective necessity for the football club. AT any rate, the voting that is done as a football club member is minimal in its current form. No votes are cast to decide directors.
If electing directors is your main gripe then you need to be a member of the leagues club, at present. Joining this club will give you immediate voting rights on who sits on the board of the leagues club & the football club. it is the most important think to be a member of if you are a sharks supporter & trying to instigate change.

Actually come to think of it, has there been any votes undertaken in the football club in the last few years other than last week?

CAn somebody tell me if Tynan made the football club meeting the other night or did she have to leave due to non-membership?

HAHAHAH

Well it doesn't work. The Sharks football club has been taken over by just such a group.

You're like a woman the way you change your mind. How many 180's can you do reef?

millersnose

Post Whore
I will NEVER support any board where Irvine is the chairman. EVER. Simple.

while i will always support your right to post your opinion here frenzy i have to say that such a post sounds simply like sour grapes

i have seen nothing from the new board that hasnt been anything but a step in the right direction and that hasnt attracted anything but good press

is there anything specific you are objecting to other than poor choices in 80's hairstyles?

Frenzy.

Post Whore
You know there is millers. You also know I won't post about it publically.

It's not sour grapes, I don't know what would make it sour grapes. It's purely that I have absolutely no respect for the man at all. I have no faith in him. I don't like him and I don't care if the Sharks win 20 premierships while he is head linament sniffer I will not give any credit.

I won't offer any olive branches either. I've been there and done that only to have the man run away from me. Literally.

millersnose

Post Whore
You know there is millers.

you may have told me somewhere in the deep dark past frenzy but i genuinely dont remember

surely it isnt a result of forum bitchfighting???

You also know I won't post about it publically.
see above

we all looked silly in the 80's

while i dint go for the white blackman look i certainly was naive enough to think long hair made me appear rather dashing

Stuff

Juniors
I don't like him and I don't care if the Sharks win 20 premierships while he is head linament sniffer I will not give any credit.

What if they win 20 premierships and experience unprecedented financial gain with this 'dreaded' Chairman at the helm.

Nothing?

Latest posts