What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Better Call Saul

I put it above BB because they fixed a couple of things that held BB back:

1: the Skylar problem- Skylar wasn’t terrible like people often made out- she was pretty reasonable and normal. But that made her character boring and unlikeable in the context of BB’s drama. Kim on the other hand just had a better story arc of her own.
2: BB at times kept falling back on the same tropes to drive events- Walt and Jesse would pull something super clever and daring off and be all set to make bank- but then Walt’s hubris or Jesse’s appetite for drugs would get them into another pickle. It got a little predictable for a while there. BCS never fell into that sort of a rut.
just a couple of ways I think Gilligan & co managed to fine tune their formula.

I don't see that being a problem with in regard to Walt and Jesse. Walt grew to be a pig headed merkin because he was finally successful and respected & because Jesse had a conscience, he ruined himself with the gear to deal with the f**ked shit they got up to.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I don't see that being a problem with in regard to Walt and Jesse. Walt grew to be a pig headed merkin because he was finally successful and respected & because Jesse had a conscience, he ruined himself with the gear to deal with the f**ked shit they got up to.
Sure it was plausible but it also got a bit predictable. I guess you could also say the same for Jimmy/Saul's addiction to the grift, but that had more scope for inventive storytelling.

Sure it was plausible but it also got a bit predictable. I guess you could also say the same for Jimmy/Saul's addiction to the grift, but that had more scope for inventive storytelling.

Saul was just a scumbag by nature, couldn't help but gravitate to it.

A good natured one at times, but still a scumbag nonetheless. Either way, both series were amazing.

Latest posts