What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bevan over the hill

blaine train

Juniors
how much of a waist is he? he come in last night when all australia needed to do was score 5 an over and just blocked it out. tailenders came out and expected supposedly the best one day batsman ever to score the runs and he played worse than them. you need a player in that position to bash it out where as he tried to score 50 as slow as he could to protect his average. i found myself at the ground at times thinking it was a test match. what a dull player. bevan, your time is up!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
No he isn't, hes just needs time in the middle, like yesterday.

He has scored a ton and a double ton for NSW, recently.

so you want to rely on bevan to score 5 an over himself without someone at the other end doing anything? Its a bit hard when you have tail enders supporting you. You need a batsmen with you to be able to get a total like that. Bevan scored at a better strike rate then most players, what did he get? like 45 off 42 or something..

Ponting and martyn are the batsmen that lost the game not bevan.. Go over the game a bit better than that pathetic summary.

I guess the channel 9 stats lied and the official cricket site lied, he got 41 off 43 you dickhead. Not a one day batsman :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Averages 55 :lol: :lol: good call :clap:

PB

Bench
And old lady with a hand bag would have had more chance of making contact with the ball than him last night, the way he ran up the pitch with no balance and no plan. I don't blame him solely for the loss, but like Ponting and Martyn he didnt do his job (again...).

El Diablo

Post Whore
PB said:
And old lady with a hand bag would have had more chance of making contact with the ball than him last night, the way he ran up the pitch with no balance and no plan. I don't blame him solely for the loss, but like Ponting and Martyn he didnt do his job (again...).

It never occured to you the Indians bowled well in the final overs not allowing the batsmen to smash 4's?

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Bevan tried his best yesterday to get Australia home, but were running out of batsman to support him. Why would you blame Bevan for that loss anyway, India scored 300, Australia lost 3 early wickets, do you think Bevan had anything to do with the loss.

And another thing, the Indians had bowled really well in the last 10 overs, especially when Pathan came on.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
blaine train said:
how much of a waist is he? he come in last night when all australia needed to do was score 5 an over and just blocked it out. tailenders came out and expected supposedly the best one day batsman ever to score the runs and he played worse than them. you need a player in that position to bash it out where as he tried to score 50 as slow as he could to protect his average. i found myself at the ground at times thinking it was a test match. what a dull player. bevan, your time is up!

i was there mate and hes not a one day batsman. hes ordinary. he actuly scored that of 80 balls

What game were you watching :? ?????

80 balls?? you're kidding. He scored 41 runs off 43 balls at a strike rate of 95.35. And if thats slow, then Zimbabwe are better than New Zealand.

knights04

Bench
Bevan played a good knock and reduced humilation once again. If anyone thinks Bevan is crap then you must be new to cricket or lack understanding of the game.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
bevan isnt going anywhere he is staying right in the aussie one day team, he is good blaine train and just because u were at the game doesnt mean all us didnt see how he played. whats the difference mate?

El Diablo

Post Whore
pepstar87 said:
and just because u were at the game doesnt mean all us didnt see how he played. whats the difference mate?

yes it does. At the game he faced 80 balls and on TV he only faced 43, apparently :roll:

El Diablo

Post Whore
As for those bagging Lee. Anyone remember that game v Sri Lanka circa 1996 when McGrath took 1/76 off 9.4 overs?

PB

Bench
El Duque said:
PB said:

It never occured to you the Indians bowled well in the final overs not allowing the batsmen to smash 4's?

The Indians bowled very well indeed. But we didnt need to be "smashing 4's" when Bevan arrived. The old Bevan used to push around 2's during the first few balls of the over, then get a single off the last ball thus giving us our 5 an over. But last night he lost the plot a bit the way he was trying to come up the pitch and cross bat on the front foot?!

Ian Healy must have said 30 times yesterday during the coverage that the Gabba is one of the bigger grounds in Australia. If Bevan pushes/deflects two's and forces Ganguly to move his field around every ball, the situation would never have got out of hand to the extent that we needed 20 plus off the last over.

El Diablo

Post Whore
PB said:
El Duque said:
PB said:

The Indians bowled very well indeed. But we didnt need to be "smashing 4's" when Bevan arrived. The old Bevan used to push around 2's during the first few balls of the over, then get a single off the last ball thus giving us our 5 an over. But last night he lost the plot a bit the way he was trying to come up the pitch and cross bat on the front foot?!

That's exactly what Bevan was doing until we started losing wickets and getting waaaaaaaay behind the run rate. That's when he started marching down the wicket looking to smash it to the boundary but the Indians didn't allow it because of good bowling and field settings.

Were you watching a different game?

PB

Bench
No i was watching the same game.

Bevan's wagon wheel last night would have been very different to the normal Bevan wheel. He deflected his first ball down to fine leg for four. Then no more balls through the vacant slip/gully area or fine down the leg side. He had three inexpereinced pace men bowling and had he remained calm i think he could have used the pace of their bowling, and lack of expereince by playing more intelligently than he did. I have never said he was solely to be blamed for the loss or anything, i just dont think last night was his smartest innnings.