What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big 3 my ass

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
In the end a couple of big plays from Inglis and Burgess got the bunnies home.

Cam was good, as was Slater, Cooper his solid self.

Melbourne have always been beatable, but they are more consistent than most and can produce in big games.

Souths forwards won the battle, Inglis saved tries, Luke was good also. All teams are beatable.

natas55

Juniors
It's amazing how many people try to knock Slater and blow wind up Greg Inglis's bum, yet everytime the rabbits play the Storm, Inglis gets dominated and has virtually no impact on the game.

saved 3 set up one absolutely no impact

Patorick

Staff member
I will not stand for this Cooper Cronk badmouthing.

He gave a great concession speech after the 2008 Grand Final. And it's hard for Queenslanders to give great concession speeches.

Great player too, he'll make some of you look like Rothfields next week.

No it won't.
How the supporters view it is irrelevant.
It comes down to how the playing group see it. That's on Maguire.

The game could have easily gone the other way.
The fans will affect the players. The constant fawning over the Burgii, and the storyteller of the book of feuds will send them into the land of fairy tales before another team will send them back crashing down to earth .

LESStar58

Referee
Is that why the dragqueens went hard after Cooper Cronk and Craig Bellamy?

This.

I remember all the Dragqueens fans on Facebook claiming they would stop supporting St.George-Illawarra if Bellamy became the coach. They should be so lucky!

BunniesMan

Immortal
lol @ everyone bagging GI. So obvious that you have no idea about rugby league. You do know the period of the game where you don't have the ball matters? Multiple tries saved because of GI. One of our most important players last night.

Peope forget just how good Mini was before injuries cruelled his career for a few years. He certainly would have retained the Green and Gold fullback spot for a good few years had he been fit, despite Slaters brilliance.
I didn't mean to insult Mini at his peak. I meant 2013 Mini. He has declined and is a fair way off his absolute best and so is Slater. But it seems like noone in the media has even picked up on it.

Tipster

Bench
If Slater was given that try and he rightly should have the Storm may well have gone on and win the game.

Tommax25

Bench
Smith is still great. Cronk is the best halfback but still over rated (compared to past best halfbacks in the comp). Slater is not as good anymore, gets dominated everytime with the ball, unless he is chasing a grubber or something

Best halfback Pearce, but what you say has merit.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Sarcasm? His kicking was atrocious. Slater was poor aswell.

Slater has now been somewhere between poor and mediocre for the majority of the last two seasons.

NrlCoach

Juniors
cronk is anther version of mullens. difference between the the two of them is cronk got 2 player that make him look good every week

POPEYE

Coach
Maybe it's time Melbourne should stop carrying Qld and let the big 3 concentrate their twilight years just keeping up with Manly