What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big bad bustlin' Ben Smith!

TheRam

Coach
God I love the taste of this humble pie. How wrong was I? But I must say that this is the sweetest pie I can remember. Yummmy!!!

Hellsy

Immortal
NRL+Qualifying+Final+Dragons+v+Eels+l9Fry2VuENil.jpg

NRL+Qualifying+Final+Dragons+v+Eels+_46pXraWiuQl.jpg

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
:D x 10,000

I just knew he had it in him!! So proud that he's become an integral part of the team.

11. Hindmarsh
12. B Smith

YES YES YES!!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
he has great yesterday, not just his defense but he is hitting the ball up mush stronger now rather than trying to step around them

the back row looks to be his best position

Bigfella

Coach
He was great.

The only tiny criticism I have is that he could have linked with the centre and winger down that right side a few times when he half split them.

Huge in the talk again, he is a real on-field leader.

Going enormously well.

dazeely

First Grade
very impressive. Very important part of the team with his utility value. Rock solid stuff benny boy.

The Colonel

Immortal
He and Hindy slapped the red headed step child that is Ben Creagh all around Kogarah......

We live to fight on and we come up against another red headed step child this weekend as well....

Bigfella

Coach
They did great on Creagh didn't they?

He gets up a serious head of steam and takes some stopping; but when you can handle him, he doesn't have a plan B.

lingard

Coach
Great game Ben Smith, and not the first time lately.

He's definitely stepped up and taken that vacant back row spot we were worried about at the start of the year.

I'd like to see DA start to convert Eric in the same way for next season, as a bench backrower, graduating to starting by the end of the season if he's good enough.

If Eric Grothe played in the second row, he'd be the fastest forward the world has ever known! That run of his, yesterday, was the first time he's been in the clear for about three years! What speed he still has! I'd prefer to have Anderson turn him into a gap-runner. Why a guy with his speed has made a career out of bulldozing his way into opposition defenses is totally beyond my comprehension!

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Gee maybe if Smith continues to develop , this time next year he could be one of the top backrowers in the comp. And that 4 year contact may be giving the eels some good value - we could even be getting smith on the cheap. Who knows !!!!

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Gee maybe if Smith continues to develop , this time next year he could be one of the top backrowers in the comp. And that 4 year contact may be giving the eels some good value - we could even be getting smith on the cheap. Who knows !!!!

Also on Grothe I reckon he would be in the top 5 for fastest players in the NRL. Only ever runs as fast as he has to.

Latest posts