What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big League magazine a joke....

greg

Juniors
I don't know about you fellow bluebag supporters but I'm pissed off. Big League magazine has again listed our team under the heading "Newtown Cronulla". They made this mistake at the start of the season and corrected it. Now its back to that crap. Isn't the Big League the official NSWRL programme. What a basic amateur mistake. Surely we deserve a fair go in the programme. We've come this far since 1908 they should at least get our bloody name right. I E mailed my concern to the NSWRL. No reply...surprise...surprise.

2 True Blues

Coach
It s like brair Rabbit mate. You tell these piss ant media ( writer ) people something and they purposefully do it again out of immature spite, just to rub it in.

The secret is to tell them you like it written that way, then the piss ants will change it.

Same with the local paper the Leader and the telegraph. They are all the same. Freckle faced pimple plucking piss ants.....

greg

Juniors
Gus GOULD being an old bluebag will get the name right in the commentary on Grand Final day!

greg

Juniors
Spot on. Kogarah oval here I come. Will be there with another QLD mate who happens to be a mad dragon supporter. Hope there is a good drop of Tooheys Old at the ground or nearby!

Jeffles

Bench
I said at the beginning of the season how the name came about.

I saw Newtown-Cronulla a couple of weeks back as well but I cannot remember where.

2 True Blues

Coach
Excellent Greg. Hope the boys turn on a great game for you. Illawarra is always a tough game, and they certainly lift and dont want to be beaten by us. They hold roughly a 10 to one win against us, we have only beat them once.

If we can field a decent team I am hoping we can beat them again, especially since you would have travelled so far.

Until then mate, GO THE MIGHTY JETS.....

Bluebag

Juniors
comes from AAP who keep stuffing it up and have said they will fix it and then it slips back in

Jeffles

Bench
If it's in Big League it doesn't come from the AAP - it comes from the League. It only comes to the AAP when the scores are printed in the paper.

greg

Juniors
Well done NSWRL. The oldest team in the NSWRL and you can't get the name right. You poor simple bastards. As I said before I E mailed my dissaproval to them earlier and still haven't got a reply. (weak #$%@s)

HevyDevy

Coach
This thread is quite amusing in how inaccurate it is.

The truth is that Big League has been told two very different things by Newtown and Cronulla. Newtown said it should just be Newtown, Cronulla said it should be Newtown Cronulla. So before you all go shooting your mouths off you should consider these external factors. It has currently been left to the two clubs to sort the name out for themselves and get back to Big League with the correct version. It's not Big League's job to decide for them.

If they're going to combine the names, surely it should be Newtown-Cronulla-Sutherland?

Which is just dumb - Newtown is what it should be.

bluebag43

Juniors
I don't believe that Cronulla want it to be Newtown Cronulla. They have always agreed to the Premier League Team being known as Newtown.
So I'm sure that the Big League will be informed as such by the powerbrokers at Cronulla shortly!

Fanny Batter

Juniors
HevyDevy said:
Tell that to Greg Pierce - he's the one who said to put Newtown-Cronulla in the mag

so barry pierce who is the sharx president and nrl honorary chairman told big league to change the name contrary to the agreement between newtown and cronulla

BARRY PIERCE YOU ARE PETTY SCUM FROM A PETTY SCUM CLUB!!!!!

Give me a 10th placed stand alone Newtown Jets or North Sydney Bears over a successful "takeover in disguise" anyday.

Jeffles

Bench
I would never sell the identity of this club.

I know for a fact that the JV agreement says the team will be called Newtown Jets and NOT Newtown-Cronulla!

Latest posts