What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Matty v Big Fat

jbl31649

Juniors
I just saw on 9 a promo for the Footy Show, it was a send up of Julia Gillard being carried away by her security during Australia Day with Mario as the bodyguard and Fatty as Julia, I think we're set for a bumper year again of the Footy Show!

I liked it, was stupid funny, but they need to go back to basics. One week at at time (and the other one) on tens brother channel are the best on free to air.

Thats how the footy show started and just added the funny stupid stuff. Now they try to hard on the funny crap and just brush over footy. Plus picking on Mario has become too much, let him make a fool out of himself without forcing it.

Fatty too shits me, he can try to be funny on a topic, but when someone else(aka BigMan) does his gets weird towards them.

It also airs to late. 9:30pm not many parents are going to allow their kids to stay up that late. I watched it when I was in my teens, but really should start a 8:30 and leave the Adult jokes till after 9:30.

El Diablo

Post Whore
for those that missed it http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...y-and-the-beasts/story-e6freye0-1226274191447
STILL on Nine, the producers of The Footy Show continue to make changes in order to improve ratings when the season starts.

We can tell you the show will be returning to being broadcast live at 9.30pm on Thursdays instead of on delay.

As executive producer Glenn Pallister told us: "When the train comes off tracks, as it inevitably will, look out".

Pallister is also going to bring back retired players Ryan Girdler and Paul Harragon.

"While not going back in time, I thought it very important to compliment all the new segments and ideas with bringing back some much loved viewer favourites," Pallister said.

"Ryan Girdler returns Their House and Now, where he catches up with some of the players he visited almost 10 years ago.

The Chief also makes a much-anticipated return, filing inspirational and grassroots footy stories in a way only the Chief can."

Canard

Immortal

docbrown

Coach
See how long the NRL Footy Show lasts when they lose the rights...

A few years ago there was this idea going around about merging the shows and having a variety/panel show from 8:30pm to 11:00pm not just talking about rugby league & AFL but also other sports news.

POPEYE

Coach
Footy show should be on about 4 am . . . about an hour after the witching hour thieves consider
the best time to break into someone's shed.

Give them time to get home and sit around with a beer and yesterday's pizza before retiring to sleep away the day

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Just watched Slats doing a little piece about the NRL on Wide World of Sports with Freddy.

Sounded clueless and less knowledgeable then Rebecca Wilson.

Other than being a hype man and a straight man to Fatty, I can't see the value in adding him to the Footyshow whatsoever.

If anything I think his appointment is them righting there suicide note.

Is he defintely going to be on the panel then? Haven't heard confirmation either way

Canard

Immortal
Slats just confirmed it on in the 47th over of the cricket, he will start from this Thursday nights show.

Dead man walking for mine.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
Slats just confirmed it on in the 47th over of the cricket, he will start from this Thursday nights show.

Dead man walking for mine.

Taylor just went through the panel.

Slats, Vautin, Broman, Gordon Tallis :)lol:), Lockyer, Harragon, Benji, Slater. Probably one other I forgot.

After that was this...

Healy: "Is there going to be any footy on it this year?" :lol::lol:

Latest posts