What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Matty v Big Fat

El Diablo

Post Whore
Actually I wouldn't be surprised if it was Slats.

The Victorian Footy Show has a ex-cricketer co-host.

5 years ago Slats had no idea about rugby league, but due to his work on the BSB he has picked up some knowledge.

he has talked about it a bit in cricket commentary this year too

The Gambler

Juniors
I have gone quiet - I would get my ass handed to me if I got caught leaking.

Some guesses have been closer than others - that is for sure. Time will tell - still got a few weeks before the first footy show is filmed.

Brutus

Referee
Greg Ritchie & Mark Cosgrove.

The two fat cats.

Seriously though, the gambler's silence has basically confirmed it's Slats so thanks for sharing that with us gambler.

Brutus

Referee
why would it be such a secret :?

it's not like 9 would lose out if they mentioned it

Watch Slothfield and DUI jump on to this.

You know how they love reporting things about the Footy Show and how Fatty is on the way out.

Expect this thread to lead to a Saturday or Sunday gossip piece.

Congrats gambler, Slats is the man!

Haffa

I loved slats as a player but I don't rate him as a TV personality, so I suppose he'd be perfect for the footy show.

Brutus

Referee
I would love to see Andrew Symonds fully trained up to become a RL talking head.

He has a massive passion and knowledge of the game and national profile. He also wouldn't hold back from saying what he thinks. It would be great if the league media could grab his services. Brayshaw is a cricketer who does fumbleball and Damian Fleming appears on Foxtel AFL shows.

Canard

Immortal
Any of the names mentioned would be just shuffling the deckchairs on the Titanic.

I would kill for access to the NRL Footyshow living here in Melbourne prior to midnight, despite all the grass is greener claims that often go on this site, the AFL Footyshow is boring as batshit.

undertaker

Coach
so, whoever made the comment about speculation that Ch9 were chasing a non-league person to co-host the Footy Show were true (Michael Slater). How would you feel if Slats was co-hosting the NRL Footy Show though?

Canard

Immortal
Can't see someone like Slater having the profile or personality to stop the Footyshow's slow death march.

Just seems like a very smalltime gimmick to me.

Latest posts