What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big News - 6 about to be dropped

Blair

Coach
No more 'kick it to 'Manu'.

One positive is that Johnson's footwork might be as nifty as ever. He'd be moving pretty quickly in training...with Hurrell, Vatuvei, Thompson, Lisone, Vete and Matulino, he couldn't have pissed off a more physical bunch.

Seriously though, once confirmed it's Johnson, yep, he'll get plenty of support.

jaseg

Juniors
If it's Johnson and there's problems within the squad because of that, everyone who has issues with him can go IMO. Shows guts and a determination to hold the squad to the highest standards to do something like that. I'd rather replace a large part of the squad than continue with a bunch of loose f***wits. Newsflash boys; you're playing rubbish, playing a good game one in every 3 doesn't give you leverage to act like prima donnas.

Bring in a Mansour, Asofa-Solomona, Gallen/Moa/Tagataese (depending on price and who will come etc) type contingent to replace. Maybe a couple of young guys impressing in reserve grade at other clubs. Even missing one or two of those targets, they're unlikely to do as bad as the current mob.

JJ

Immortal
who gives a shit what they think. hes busting his balls in the most important position of the team and constantly getting hammered in the press for everything and these idiots cant be f**ked about team culture????

good on him
as i said his stocks went up in my book
Agree with everything except the busting his balls bit

He's a touch player, more evident now, simply not willing to take the ball to the line

Meth

Staff member
I thought it had Nobby written all over it. Clinton Toopi would be another with form...

I don't think Toopi has ever been a trouble maker off field...nor Ropati, or any other recently retired Warriors centre than I can think of.

I think the 'retired centre' talk is rubbish. It's little Kevy.

And that's exactly why he cant pick up a contract in Australia. This information is known.

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
Hey, I've thought of a good idea and wonder if it's at all possible.

It's a pretty novel idea (in a Warriors context) but can we use all this angry inner-turmoil to our advantage and take it out on the Broncos this week? How about we give them one helluva hiding, like other clubs have dished out to us in similar circumstances?

Broncos mustering to leave at Auckland airport, "Christ on a bike, what was that all about?", "Dunno, but they sure played like men possessed!", "Well, let's get outta here before they think about turning up for an extra special 'have a nice flight, fellas'.", "Don't look now but I think it's too late..."

TheDMC

Bench
Far out, if these warrior players think they have been dobbed in and shat on by Johnson or whoever informed management then they are little boys who can f**k off. This is not school. If a work colleague was committing fraud or some other crap that was seriously unethical or detrimental to the business I would bust their azz in a second. Its called being a professional.

Only if the dobber inner has been up to mischief himself then would he deserve some heat from his team mates.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Hey, I've thought of a good idea and wonder if it's at all possible.

It's a pretty novel idea (in a Warriors context) but can we use all this angry inner-turmoil to our advantage and take it out on the Broncos this week? How about we give them one helluva hiding, like other clubs have dished out to us in similar circumstances?

Broncos mustering to leave at Auckland airport, "Christ on a bike, what was that all about?", "Dunno, but they sure played like men possessed!", "Well, let's get outta here before they think about turning up for an extra special 'have a nice flight, fellas'.", "Don't look now but I think it's too late..."

Only problem is, the Broncos got beaten last week by an absolutely abysmal team, at home. f**ked by the ridiculous Origin schedule. They won't be at their peak, with a third of the team backing up and also travelling, but no Wayne Bennett side likes to lose twice in a fortnight.

Plus, you know, they're a great side and we are shit. That doesn't help either.

Skinner

Coach
Guys, please just be careful about who you "name" until it's official (if ever). It just leaves the site wide open, and I like this joint a lot.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Far out, if these warrior players think they have been dobbed in and shat on by Johnson or whoever informed management then they are little boys who can f**k off. This is not school. If a work colleague was committing fraud or some other crap that was seriously unethical or detrimental to the business I would bust their azz in a second. Its called being a professional.

Only if the dobber inner has been up to mischief himself then would he deserve some heat from his team mates.

100%. Anyone who had an issue with someone upholding the professionalism of a supposed professional sporting outfit can f**k off.