What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Willie is the best forward in the world

Tommy Smith

Referee
The way he can dominate matches single-handedly is awesome.

He dominates the ruck when on the field, giving his team quick play-the-balls and tiring the opposition defense. And then there's his offloading ability, creating alot of 2nd phase play which today lead to a vital try. He's good for a tew tries himself, too; barging over from close to the line.

And on top of all that, perhaps his best quality is that he's a leader of men. Certainly has developed into captain material the way he inspires his teammates. Just a complete package and credit where its due because he dominated us today.

But that's just my opinion.

jimmythehand

Juniors
i know quite a few people that don't rate him, I can't understand why at all. I am so glad we kept Mason ahead of Anasta.

Raider_69

Post Whore
agreed, what ever your opinion of him off the field, imo there is no doubting his class and ability on the field, sonny bill will do well to be half as good as Mason is IMO

drake

First Grade
When he actually gives a sh*t, he is an awesome forward, intimidating and effective.

he was great today, and has played well from the beginning of the season, i hope he can continue this and i think he will...

Briza

Juniors
I wouldn't say he's the best in the world, but after 9 Rds of the NRL he's the best forward in this country.

JJ

Immortal
hmmm - I'm not so convinced

Personally I think BK is.

Mason's terrific though...

Is Simpson the most under-rated?

effnic

Bench
Ferocious Dogs said:
My signature says it all. He is the next captain at our club. An inspirational leader and a WMD.
Didnt the twin towers come crashing down.

Briza

Juniors
JJ said:
hmmm - I'm not so convinced

Personally I think BK is.

Mason's terrific though...

Is Simpson the most under-rated?

BK is the best forward for sure, but as far as big men go - Mason is way in front.

effnic

Bench
hey its in ur sig not mine. I believe when manly played you guys sbw and mason did come crashing down it was a great day.

RiotAct

Juniors
effnic said:
hey its in ur sig not mine. I believe when manly played you guys sbw and mason did come crashing down it was a great day.

umm... well... uhhh... we beat manly in the 95 grandfinal so there! :cool:

Ferocious Dogs

Juniors
effnic said:

Your only as good as your last game. Dogs won today Manly lost.

ByRd

First Grade
All i can say is that IM GLAD HIS ON OUR SIDE and there until 2009 atleast :) Just plays with passion and heart and has been giving it his all this year, great performance and keep it up...WEVE GOT THE BIGGEST WILLIE

Inferno

Coach
drake said:
When he actually gives a sh*t, he is an awesome forward, intimidating and effective.

Spot on.

Been in outstanding form this year for the Dogs and Australia.

Can't wait to see him rip in for the Blues.

Anyone else think that perhaps he is more suited to prop than second row?