What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Willie is the best forward in the world

AsPiRiNg YoUtH

Juniors
doglyf said:
All i can say is that IM GLAD HIS ON OUR SIDE and there until 2009 atleast :) Just plays with passion and heart and has been giving it his all this year, great performance and keep it up...WEVE GOT THE BIGGEST WILLIE

Too right about this, the way the guy let the ball bounce over the line on the kick off, and after the way Mason just glared and yelled at him, boy, i would of called for the sideline to get interchanged. Talk about passion.

aqua_duck

Coach
roosterbooster1 said:
simpson's the most over-rated
:roll: :roll:

And I suppose Fitzgibbon and co are under rated?

Mason is the most destructive forward at the moment

lockyno1

Post Whore
Best forward- debatable. Best second-rower possibly but I'd take Hindmarsh over him anyway. Very debatable. In the top 10 but the top one, I just don't know.

ByRd

First Grade
has to prove himself in the NRL and not the ESL, until then he is still the best forward in england but i dont know bout in the wold, actually he isnt nowhere near the top.

doglyf said:
has to prove himself in the NRL and not the ESL, until then he is still the best forward in england but i dont know bout in the wold, actually he isnt nowhere near the top.

tell the nrl champs that. and the kiwis who he nearly demolished on his own.

Raiders Plight

Juniors
At full strength the bulldogs forward pack sh*ts on every other team. Any halves pairing could have won that premiership in 2004 with that pack in front of them and then you had SBW and Asotasi coming off the bench.

Mal Meninga

Bench
As said, all Mason needs to do is bring it consistently.
He has the size, speed and strength to carve up any forward pack.
Problem is sometimes he doesn't give a sh*t, remember the time he hammered some forward when they were down by 50 lol

Nathan B

Juniors
Raiders Plight said:
At full strength the bulldogs forward pack sh*ts on every other team. Any halves pairing could have won that premiership in 2004 with that pack in front of them and then you had SBW and Asotasi coming off the bench.

I agree.

We are an in-form (or close to it) Sherwin away from winning this competition*.

*...and injuries asside.

super_coach

First Grade
Never was a big willie fan,but gee the big fella has made me change my mind.I think he has been the dogs best or close to it in every game.The dogs are getting that look again,belt you for 60minutes and blitz you for 20 minutes.
Injuries will be their main danger,to play their style of footy,takes a toll on bodies.With a fit in form Sherwin and Tonga back and the raging WILLIE,the dogs are worth a dollar or two on sports tab

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I'm not so sure RE: that halves pairing comment Raiders Plight. While our forwards are firing at the moment, our halves (since Sherwin's demotion & injury) have cost us two points on more than one occasion. They've been our weak link.

The Devil

Bench
roosterbooster1 said:
simpson's the most over-rated

If there is an over-rated player in a rep side, there'd be all hell breaking loose. i.e Hunt

Yet noone complains about Simpson's inclusion in nearly all rep sides in the past couple of years.

Very overrated :roll:

Johns Magic

Referee
Mason and Kennedy are head and shoulders above any other forward at the moment, but I can't split either of them.

Imagine if the Dogs had kept this pack with Thurston at halfback:

8. Price
10. O'Meley
11. Mason
12. Ryan
13. Grimaldi

14. Asotasi
15. Sonny-Bill

Wow.

super_coach

First Grade
From a non dog fan,Tony Gramaldi deserves a big wrap,every club needs one,but few have a quality one--The 80 minute man--Yesterday when the dogs were going up and down on the one blade of grass,Gramaldi turned it around.No fuss 100% footballer

Latest posts