What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Willie's now a leader

nqboy

First Grade
From Foxsports. Couldn't be farked posting the link because it's just such grandiose self-indulgence, but he's now part of the leadership group at Canterbury and he's turned the corner and he's grown up and he's now aware of his responsibility to the game, the club and its fans and he'll never do anything wrong again. No mention of whether he's on medication or not for the condition that apparently caused all his mishaps....

stuke

Bench
how many times can we hear the same story.

watch out for him to F@#$ up deluxe in the oncoming months!

I dont know about you lot....but Im about ready for the artcile about Hoppoate turning things around and being a new man. :D

parra pete

Referee
nqboy said:
From Foxsports. Couldn't be farked posting the link because it's just such grandiose self-indulgence, but he's now part of the leadership group at Canterbury and he's turned the corner and he's grown up and he's now aware of his responsibility to the game, the club and its fans and he'll never do anything wrong again. No mention of whether he's on medication or not for the condition that apparently caused all his mishaps....

Good on him. About time he showed responsibility:roll: :roll:

nqboy

First Grade
nospam49™ said:
I dont know about you lot....but Im about ready for the artcile about Hoppoate turning things around and being a new man. :D
Apparently, Owen Craigie is training the house down...

The Dominator

Juniors
What is the obsession with Willie Mason. The worst thing he ever did was signed Fitzgibbon's name. Bit immature, but a heart of gold.

A 'thug'?

Do you even know the meaning of the damn word???

Let's review - Willie Mason - Playing since 2000 - assault claims against = 0.

Timmy Smith 'the future of Parramatta' - Playing since 2005 - Assault claims against = 1.

Talk sense - or shut up. All you are doing is displaying your spectacular ignorance!...As if your grammar wasn't evidence enough if that in itself.

Utey

Coach
Iam entitled to my opinion. A right that I choose to use. You don't have to agree with it. :roll:

Misty Bee

First Grade
Do YUO know the meaning of the word 'thug'?

It has nothniog to do with assault 'claims' dimwit!

I loved watching Mason fire up against opposition packs when the Dogs were 40+ behind on the scoreboard!

Misty Bee said:
Do YUO know the meaning of the word 'thug'?

It has nothniog to do with assault 'claims' dimwit!

I loved watching Mason fire up against opposition packs when the Dogs were 40+ behind on the scoreboard!

Yes. I do.

But apparently you don't. Punch it in here and see:

www.dictionary.com

What you witnessed last season - is called FRUSTRATION. You might want to also look that up at the above website too. FFS - at least Willie doesn't run accross a road (allegedly) to lay into a poor, innocent fan who yelled the deadly insult! "Look - It's Tim Smith! Hey Timmy!" (again - allegedly)

Show me Willie Mason's judiciary record....Oh, what's that? You can't you say- because he hasn't got one?Yeah, some 'thug' he is! :lol: thankyou - and goodnight!

I personally loved watching Willie Mason fire up against the much-vaunted Roosters pack on the BIG stage of the 2004 Grand Final on his way to making 226 metres in hitups. Oh, and the Clive Churchill Medal. :D

If I'm a dimwit - then you are a Hilton-Grade Bimbo, I am afraid. :)

Yes - It's all very easy to jump on the 'I hate Big Willie!' bandwagon. Saves one having to think for oneself...grow an opinion of your own, you two!

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
He is such a role model to kids after all. Doing the finger at brookie after scoring a try. Lovely individual. Fits right in at the bulldogs.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
The Dominator said:
What is the obsession with Willie Mason. The worst thing he ever did was signed Fitzgibbon's name. Bit immature, but a heart of gold.

nah never does anything wrong does he. Unless you are his cab driver.

C.P

Juniors
I think thats called OWN3D. Back to the Parra w*nkfest forum ladies

And as for Manly, it could be like years of Terry Hill making gestures to the crowd

Sea_Eagles_Rock said:
nah never does anything wrong does he. Unless you are his cab driver.

FFS!

This rubbish from a fan of the club that is forever linked to 'Hundred Chance Hoppa'???

And Terry Hill - as already mentioned. And 'I'll pick on ANYONE....Long as they're smaller than me' Watmough

Or Matthew - 'I'll hold his arms while you smack him senseless Robbo' Ridge - Whose knees were as big a part of his defence as his hands!

And I could go on....and on.

And do you really wanna talk about THE FINGER?...Really?? Ohhhh - Don't even GO there! :lol:

Have a read of what you posted again - it is truly hilarious S_E_R!

Not to mention hypocritical to the extreme! :roll:

The Dominator

Juniors
Get off your high horses. Who the hell has never given the finger or pulled a silly prank.

As for the cab thing, well i have done the same thing myself. The cabbie ripped me off by driving in circles, so i told him to piss off.

Willie is an inspirational and genuine person. He is loyal and people love to be around him. You snobs make me sick with your nitpicking. Take a look in the mirror and tell me your any better.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
C.P said:
And as for Manly, it could be like years of Terry Hill making gestures to the crowd

Not sure what you are referring to with Tezza. Frankly I don't care either. Sledging was all Tezza had for the 2nd half of his career. It's just lucky for him he was actually good at it.

But anyway, we are not talking about Tezza. The question was one of Mason's character. You don't have to agree. I doubt anybody here actually thinks the willie can't play though. He did win a Clive Churchill medal... But leadership qualities? Mason has about as much as a sheep.

That is what Folkesey has obviously recognised in him - and is hoping to encourage - and develop.

This leadership group was picked - by the players - for the players.

So they obviously disagree with you! Utterly. Do you think you know Willie Mason and his character and potential better then they?

All you know is what you read. So off you go to pore through your Daily Telegraph now, Rebecca...Gotta know what to think tomorrow, after all, eh?- don't want to be behind the latest popular fashion, now! ;-)

stuke

Bench
how much input do these 'leadership' groups have anyway. IMO they are a load of rubbish. Christ....Mick Crocker was named in Melbourne's!

Latest posts