What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Biggest “Classic Sydney City Roosters” Moment

RedVDave

First Grade
Tough Judge..

But you overlooked one absolute beast of a winger... who killed it in the Red V..

View attachment 39246
I meant in trying to replace bret
Tough Judge..

But you overlooked one absolute beast of a winger... who killed it in the Red V..

View attachment 39246
My wording was very poor I meant only dud wingers since 2015 in trying to replace Brett Morris. Overall we've had some great wingers Blacklock, Nightingale, J Morris, Ainscough.

Then there has been some really bad ones: Dylan Farrell, Hassan Saleh, Nick Youngquest and others previously mentioned.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I'm not a bitter merkin and don't waste too much of my time hating on any other club. Easts are a well oiled machine and are killing it at the moment. I am jealous, but good for them, every fan will get a crack at their team having a good period at some stage. I've certainly had my fair share.

The only thing that is a shame (IMO) is that the Roosters have always struggled with the fan support. Speaking hypotheticals here (and forgetting about coronavirus) If it were say, Parramatta or St George Illawarra with these years of form the crowds everywhere would be off the hook.

Valheru

Coach
I'm not a bitter merkin and don't waste too much of my time hating on any other club. Easts are a well oiled machine and are killing it at the moment. I am jealous, but good for them, every fan will get a crack at their team having a good period at some stage. I've certainly had my fair share.

The only thing that is a shame (IMO) is that the Roosters have always struggled with the fan support. Speaking hypotheticals here (and forgetting about coronavirus) If it were say, Parramatta or St George Illawarra with these years of form the crowds everywhere would be off the hook.

Would they?

We heard that narrative with souffs but as soon as they won the comp their bandwagon support dropped off and despite being top 4 twice since 2014 their averages are in line with everyone else.

Im not saying we are the best supported club but we do well enough. We generally have one of the better sydney averages and a couple of times the best average.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Would they?

We heard that narrative with souffs but as soon as they won the comp their bandwagon support dropped off and despite being top 4 twice since 2014 their averages are in line with everyone else.

Im not saying we are the best supported club but we do well enough. We generally have one of the better sydney averages and a couple of times the best average.

I believe they would yeah, that’s why I prefaced my comment as my opinion. Especially Parramatta. If they went from all these years to winning 3 in 7 years, it would be wild.

I agree with the south’s comment, they were dissapointing.

This is not an attack, merely an observation as I was there - but I couldn’t really see any other Sydney club after this much success to be outdrawn by Canberra at last years GF.

black cat

Juniors
they are based in rabbitohs area
This reminds of a mate who used to ask his souths mates when they sell a house in Coogee , Maroubra or Randwick do they list it as house for sale in South Sydney or the Eastern Suburbs. Was quiet surprised when they said Eastern Suburbs.

This reminds of a mate who used to ask his souths mates when they sell a house in Coogee , Maroubra or Randwick do they list it as house for sale in South Sydney or the Eastern Suburbs. Was quiet surprised when they said Eastern Suburbs.

Yep. Maybe the NRL should let real estate agents draw up the boundaries? Although they’d probably call Redfern ‘Moore Park West’.

horrie hastings

First Grade
the original boundary of roosters, rabbitohs, is oxford st, not moore park road
roosters are in rabbitohs area

I remember a woman that I worked with back in 80s who was a diehard Souths supporter who grew up in Surry Hills was telling me about the boundary ran along Oxford St and one side of South Dowling St at Darlinghurst was Easts territory and the other side was Souths territory.

Sonny83

Juniors

blue bags

First Grade
roosters based in rabbitohs territory, this is an outrage,
rabbitohs should consume roosters :mad:
reclaim there area

Latest posts