What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Biggest “Classic Sydney City Roosters” Moment

Valheru

Coach
images

Im stunned it took 4 pages to be honest.

Valheru

Coach
2002 prelim chooks received the first 7 penalties. We received our first and only penalty with 1 minute to go. Then watching the warriors get stitched up in the grand final.

How on earth did the warriors get stitched up that GF?

horrie hastings

First Grade
"Clearly" according to you!

Fair try for mine. Different angles couldn't confirm either way, and the ball doesn't change it's movement (ie - deflected with contact off Aubusson) before Young re-secures it. Ref's couldn't see a reason to overturn it, try!

I know this goes against the theme of the thread, and you can go join Warren Smith and Greg Alexander in the complaints box if you wish! About the only try they didn't go off about that game was the one that actually shouldn't have been allowed to occur in the first place - Gasniers!

Haven't revisted that game very often but the couple of times i have watched it i reckon its no try but there is some doubt either way, the only clear cut try that should have been disallowed is Gasniers' because you can see Morris's foot is clearly out in the lead up. BJ had a try disallowed for Easts, one camera angle the pass looked questionable but the ariel shot the pass looked fine, Easts would have led 12-6 at half time with that decision. Either way Saints were the better side, Roosters had no idea in the second half and once the rain started coming down it was like the Roosters were caught in quicksand, i was just happy that the Roosters were in the Grand Final after collecting the wooden spoon in 2009.

myrrh ken

First Grade
No ones mentioned the human headline Mitch pearce yellow dress and dog humping shenanigans. Im sure roosters fans are happy they no longer have to defend him

Valheru

Coach
No ones mentioned the human headline Mitch pearce yellow dress and dog humping shenanigans. Im sure roosters fans are happy they no longer have to defend him

I'll still defend him on both accounts.

Both media witch hunts

St George Illawarra had only been in one grand final before 2010 when they lost to Melbourne in 1999.

Ahhhh there it is!

Sydney Roosters have only been in 8 Grand Finals, with a 50% win record. Well done!

Oops sorry, wrong thread...In line with the thread title this time...

The Sydney City Roosters didn’t make a single grand final. And thus have 0 premierships to their name. Well done!

Geoff Carr lost his job over merger talks with Easts.

The merger would have had Politis as boss, the wealth of Easts and Saints Leagues Clubs, and Gus Gould as coach.

St Merge would def have a few more trophies methinks.

Instead, Easts rebuild and become the powerhouse they are today. St George merge with Illawarra, and still have fans who slit their wrists at every occasion and got good at placard painting.

Screen Shot 2020-06-17 at 9.08.29 am.png

SBD82

Coach
To be fair, I associate that with the Blues and their awful selection policy that was only corrected by good fortune much more than I associate it with the Roosters.

Sphagnum

Coach
I hate the roosters because they just flog us every year and their fans are a bunch of merkins about it

84 Baby

Referee
I love when their merkin fans, all 4 of them, get really butt hurt when people expose the flaws in their shitty club

Latest posts