What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Biggest ever prelim final crowd coming up?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
If the Eels beat the Titans, we'll be sitting on a week three corker. Bulldogs v Parramatta @ ANZ Stadium. :crazy:

Is it possible we could get 70, even 80k for such a clash? Both teams have the support, and the media in the lead up will be going absolutely wild...

(this is in no way meant to offend Titans' fans, I'm merely excited at the possibility!)

The Tank

Bench
You would think it'd be a sellout but in reality it'd probably be around 45k. That's rugby league for you.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Same thing happened a couple of years ago it wasn't a prelim, but it still only got 49k from memory... we should pull out all stops to sell it out if it happens... maybe a discount ticket for Bulldogs and Parrmatta (Leagues) Club members, say $20 top tiers only...

pcpp

Juniors
Bulldogs v Eels got 50,621 in 2007 in Week Two of the finals

It's reasonable to expect 60K+ in Week Three if the same teams were involved

Timmah

Staff member
For a spot in the GF for sure, 50k was a week two semi final in 2007. 60k minimum IMO, could push 70k. The season we've had with crowds it would be AWESOME.

Yeah, 'cos Bulldogs fans clearly showed their ability to turn out to back their team last night ... oh wait! :sarcasm:

If it happens, Eels supporters will outnumber Dogs fans ... book it.

Unless Dogs management announces another 'free tickets' scheme...

dragondad

First Grade
Shame that the crowd was only 21k last night though.

On the way out of Jubilee today I was licking my lips at the prospect of Dogs v Parra if it happened.Itd be 60k

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
btw what happened to the crowd at the dogs last nite... did the 8.30 kick off deter many... maybe due to the bulldogs reputation...

user_nat

Coach
Shame that the crowd was only 21k last night though.

On the way out of Jubilee today I was licking my lips at the prospect of Dogs v Parra if it happened.Itd be 60k

Obviously it would be the same 20k Bulldogs fans, and 40k Parra fans.

Loudstrat

Coach
It would dwarf anything Melbourne or Brisbane could provide.

And stuff the war zone that is a Dogs home game. We'll turn up in numbers regardless!

Noa

First Grade
Hmmm why do I get the feeling Scott Prince is going to throw a spanner in the works. Certainly if he gets the titans into the same positions the dragons did he wont let the Eels off the hook with inept organisation skills like Soward and Hornby showed.

what about down south. we are going back to Etihad, this time for a grand final position! With bronocs/dragons heading down, i would imagine close to a sell out for etihad. i think it is mid 50's. 21,000 fans were there on friday, i expect 35K+ for week three in Melbourne

Timmah

Staff member
8:30pm, vs an out-of-town team, coming off a pretty solid loss, I can see why it wasn't a fantastic crowd.

Having said that, last time we had a week one semi @ ANZ, it was against Canberra and we only had 14k from memory. So it's an improvement in some way...

Timmah

Staff member
what about down south. we are going back to Etihad, this time for a grand final position! With bronocs/dragons heading down, i would imagine close to a sell out for etihad. i think it is mid 50's. 21,000 fans were there on friday, i expect 35K+ for week three in Melbourne
Just three hours after the AFL Grand Final?

Won't get near the Dogs qualifier IMO.