What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Biggest ever prelim final crowd coming up?

Yeah, 'cos Bulldogs fans clearly showed their ability to turn out to back their team last night ... oh wait! :sarcasm:

If it happens, Eels supporters will outnumber Dogs fans ... book it.

Unless Dogs management announces another 'free tickets' scheme...

True that. It made our game look bad on American TV. What a disappointment.

Parra will hammer the Titans. If any team was going to go out in straight sets it was going to be the GC.

Brutus

Referee
If the Eels beat the Titans, we'll be sitting on a week three corker. Bulldogs v Parramatta @ ANZ Stadium. :crazy:

Is it possible we could get 70, even 80k for such a clash? Both teams have the support, and the media in the lead up will be going absolutely wild...

(this is in no way meant to offend Titans' fans, I'm merely excited at the possibility!)

Serious question.

Do you think playing this game on either a Friday night or Sat night will affect the crowd?

Which night lends itself to the bigger turnout? I tend to think Saturday night is the best chance of a 70k plus crowd.

bobmar28

Bench
True that. It made our game look bad on American TV. What a disappointment.

Parra will hammer the Titans. If any team was going to go out in straight sets it was going to be the GC.

That wasn't the game on Spike TV.

By the way, isn't it a bit soon to be writing off the Titans?

Garts

Bench
It would be a cracker of a game. I will be cheering on Parra next weekend as I dont think the Titans can knock the Dogs off but I think Parra can. Should easily get 60k to the game.

_Johnsy

Referee
That wasn't the game on Spike TV.

By the way, isn't it a bit soon to be writing off the Titans?

Not at all, we have been written off for the last 3 weeks by some.

The dogs v eels game (if it eventuates) will be nowehere near 70k, 50k at best.

Not at all, we have been written off for the last 3 weeks by some.

The dogs v eels game (if it eventuates) will be nowehere near 70k, 50k at best.

Again ... the Dogs vs Eels final two years in ago week 2 got over 50,000 so it will be AT LEAST 50,000 and not AT BEST.

Bulldog Force

Referee
If the Eels beat the Titans, we'll be sitting on a week three corker. Bulldogs v Parramatta @ ANZ Stadium. :crazy:

Is it possible we could get 70, even 80k for such a clash? Both teams have the support, and the media in the lead up will be going absolutely wild...

(this is in no way meant to offend Titans' fans, I'm merely excited at the possibility!)
I would like to think so, but I doubt that we'd hit 70. Possibly 50s? A retake of the 1998 prelim. The 2007 semi was a dud.

The Tank

Bench
Given the crowd both teams pulled a couple of years ago in Wk 2, when neither team was doing anything special, says otherwise. Anything under than 60 K for a Dogs vs Parra Prelim Final would be a massive disapointment.

It makes sense that such an important game between two major rivals would attract a sellout or close to attendance. I have major doubts though.

skeepe

Immortal

Are you sure about that?

According to the SMH (http://www.smh.com.au/news/lhqnews/bennett-calm-as-broncos-loom/2009/09/13/1252780223359.html) the winner of the Eels vs Titans will be heading to Melbourne, with either the Broncos or Dragons to face the Bulldogs.

*Paul*

Juniors
Biggest non-GF semi crowds.
Code:
57973 Parramatta v St George                                                   17-Aug-1963
55341 Balmain v St George                                                      03-Sep-1949
54626 Parramatta v Souths                                                      28-Aug-1965
51915 St George v Souths                                                       02-Sep-1967
51827 Cronulla v St George Illawarra                                           19-Sep-1999
51775 Souths v Wests                                                           18-Aug-1956
50621 Bulldogs v Parramatta                                                    15-Sep-2007
50466 Brisbane v Melbourne                                                     20-Sep-2008
50387 Brisbane v St George Illawarra                                           09-Sep-2006
50261 Manly v Souths                                                           04-Sep-1971

_Johnsy

Referee
Its not beyond the realms of possibility that the drags V broncs SF will outdraw the dogs semi.