What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bill Harrigan

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Geez, every man and his dog suddenly turns into a journalist these days!

Talk about state the obvious. His columns in the Tele are poorly written, are nothing that anyone already wouldn't know and some of the ideas he suggests are best described as outrageous.

Isnt there any decent journo's out there anymore? Surely anyone is better than Harrigan. Stick to helping out the Roosters Billy.

edabomb

First Grade
How about we send Jason Costigan (the warriors commentator) over to write a column. Heres an example:

"The crowds at Ericsson have been shocking!!!!! Kevin Campion cut his head open!!!!! Thats gotta hurt!!!!!! The Warriors aren't looking good this season!!!!!! The Cowboys are improving!!!!! and!!!! a!!!! shot!!!! at!!!! the!!!!! 8!!!!!!"

I never find any good columnists on the web. Gould sticks to talking about the glamour clubs or the flavour of the week....

edabomb

First Grade
Remember the Warriors vs Brisbane in 2001 or 2002?? Costigan spent the whole game shouting. One of my funniest RL memories

***MH***

Bench
how static was that article he wrote on about introducing forward pass plays into league..... i really think he's getting some fumes off those boots that he's hung up.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Mighty Heighty said:
how static was that article he wrote on about introducing forward pass plays into league..... i really think he's getting some fumes off those boots that he's hung up.

I have grave doubts whether he actually writes any of his articles. Which, in a way, makes it even more pathetic...

Cheers,
Ben S

The Observer

Staff member
Mighty Heighty said:

Everybody missed the point of that article. Billy highlighted a problem with the game which you can sum up like this:

League is too predictable. Too many tries are scored from kicks or through brute force. Few tries are scored with inventive passing.

That statement isn't incorrect.

dontmakemeangry

Juniors
Yes Harrigans comments suggest to me that if i didn't know better he was an ex footballer who has taken one too many head shots.

For mine Mark Geyer has his finger right on the pulse when it comes to league matters and i'd love to be able to read more of his stuff in mainstream editions rather than just League Week.

Southernsaint

Staff member
canyoudigit said:
Yes Harrigans comments suggest to me that if i didn't know better he was an ex footballer who has taken one too many head shots.

For mine Mark Geyer has his finger right on the pulse when it comes to league matters and i'd love to be able to read more of his stuff in mainstream editions rather than just League Week.

LOL, surely not his heart-wrenching Ode To Freddy a month or two ago??

Pathetic stuff.

Add to that his bagging of Steve Price as a "powder-puff" and the credibility levels are dropping at a rapid rate...

Cheers,
Ben S.

dontmakemeangry

Juniors
The powderpuff stuff was 2 years ago and just quietly it was exactly what Price needed for since then he's been the comps best frontrower but b4 that a deadset POWDERPUFF.

As for his piece on Freddy that was a good humoured piece to an old mate of his.

Have you read his story in this weeks RLW?

Do and then tell me your thoughts.

I'd love you to tell him personally your feelings about him :lol: :lol:

Southernsaint

Staff member
canyoudigit said:
The powderpuff stuff was 2 years ago and just quietly it was exactly what Price needed for since then he's been the comps best frontrower but b4 that a deadset POWDERPUFF.

As for his piece on Freddy that was a good humoured piece to an old mate of his.

Have you read his story in this weeks RLW?

Do and then tell me your thoughts.

I'd love you to tell him personally your feelings about him :lol: :lol:

I get the RLW at lunch on Wednesdays, so I'll let you know...

As for telling him personally, maybe I will. What, do you think he'd want to bash me?? :lol:

Cheers,
Ben S.