What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Billionaire Harry Triguboff expresses interest in buying Wests Tigers

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Sadly Harry is well into his 80's and while he is a loyal supporter both him and his offer is not going to be around forever. If he wants to buy us, the rabble that we are now and put his hard earned money into making us a better club our management is f@#king crazy not to take it....and now!!!!

I only have one thing to say to Harry and that is heeeelp.

Tigerted

Juniors
Trigabuff has no intention of owning the tigers.He is simply seeking free publicity projecting himself in a generous & caring light ! What a load of B/S.

The day Trigabuff buys the tigers is the day when hell freezes over.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Harry should pay out the Balmain debt, buy their development and get it built, on the proviso that Balmain owns their premises at the site and never has to pay rent

WT Unity

Juniors
Proposed at Liverpool. Only a proposal at this stage - nothing concrete at all

Just a couple of points re this thread. I got some mail not from the football side of things but from the Wests Ashfield licensed club side of things that indicates it's Wests Ashfield that is firmly behind the Liverpool development. In fact there is no love at all between Wests Ashfield and Wests Campbelltown and Wests Ashfield do not want to see Wests Campbelltown benefit, in terms of revenue, from their adjacency to Campbelltown stadium. In addition to this point Wests Ashfield are also very keen to either develop something new or maybe takeover an existing licensed club in the vicinity of the new development. Liverpool council (while not being able to guarantee it) are said to be interested in accommodating them. Remember the Liverpool proposal is not just a stadium, it includes community facilities, residential and retail precincts as well. A licensed club to serve the community would not be out of the question. So by now I'm sure we all know that it is basically a given that Balmain will not be able to clear their debt to the NRL and it is my understanding that Wests Ashfield have informed the NRL that they will pay out the debt, thus becoming the 100% owners of the Wests Tigers NRL franchise.If we consider the following points;

1. The fact that the board endorsed the Liverpool proposal as their preferred option
  2. If we believe that Wests Ashfield are behind that thru the fact that they stand to gain a new business that would be a money spinner
  3. We can then assume that at board level things are already operating as though Wests Ashfield will soon be the outright owners of the Wests Tigers NRL franchise.....It's a done deal and the board knows it!
  4. The NRL are on board as a single entity owner with a healthy balance sheet is there preferred option!

DanOz

Juniors
Just a couple of points re this thread. I got some mail not from the football side of things but from the Wests Ashfield licensed club side of things that indicates it's Wests Ashfield that is firmly behind the Liverpool development. In fact there is no love at all between Wests Ashfield and Wests Campbelltown and Wests Ashfield do not want to see Wests Campbelltown benefit, in terms of revenue, from their adjacency to Campbelltown stadium. In addition to this point Wests Ashfield are also very keen to either develop something new or maybe takeover an existing licensed club in the vicinity of the new development. Liverpool council (while not being able to guarantee it) are said to be interested in accommodating them. Remember the Liverpool proposal is not just a stadium, it includes community facilities, residential and retail precincts as well. A licensed club to serve the community would not be out of the question. So by now I'm sure we all know that it is basically a given that Balmain will not be able to clear their debt to the NRL and it is my understanding that Wests Ashfield have informed the NRL that they will pay out the debt, thus becoming the 100% owners of the Wests Tigers NRL franchise.If we consider the following points;

1. The fact that the board endorsed the Liverpool proposal as their preferred option
  2. If we believe that Wests Ashfield are behind that thru the fact that they stand to gain a new business that would be a money spinner
  3. We can then assume that at board level things are already operating as though Wests Ashfield will soon be the outright owners of the Wests Tigers NRL franchise.....It's a done deal and the board knows it!
  4. The NRL are on board as a single entity owner with a healthy balance sheet is there preferred option!

Interesting. Because previously Wests Ashfield showed no interest in buying out Balmains debt - they were talking about selling at least 25%.

Any fans that think Harry is going to buy the club of Wests are deluded. It's not for sale. I think Wests Ashfield are smart to look at Liverpool - Ctown gives them little benefit