What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bills 2004 Table Predictions !!!!!!!!!

PB

Bench
Far too early to call obviously, but for the record through the preliminary rounds....

Top 2Roosters, Penrith.
Cant see much changing with these two.

3rd-5th Warriors, Canberra, Parramatta.
Consolidation for these teams, with parramatta having created alot of depth and surely not likely to suffer from the same injury toll as last year.

6th-8th Bulldogs Brisbane.
Two teams on the way down. Lost alot of experience and havent covered it. Brisbane will gain from not having Bennet and Tallis invovled in rep season.

9th-10th Dragons, Melbourne.
Both have great starting 13's, but no depth.

Floater Knights
We all know the knights are a one man team, and now that one man is starting the season with more cronic injuries than ever before. They have also continued to lose depth in all other areas. If they stay fit they are potentially a 4-5th team, if not, it could be down to 10th for them.

11th-12th Sharks, Tigers.
Both will be more consistant in 2004, but need another season before either can threaten the semis.

13-15th Cowboys, Manly, Souths
After consolidating last year, the Cowboys will fall away again this year unfortunately. Manly have nothing and Souths will continue to ruin the careers of players of potentail and players who were once of rep standard.

fosie

Juniors
Injuries creates havoc in all teams excpet maybe the Roosters who always seem to have a never ending supply of players :lol:

keeney

First Grade
PB said:
Floater Knights
We all know the knights are a one man team, and now that one man is starting the season with more cronic injuries than ever before. They have also continued to lose depth in all other areas. If they stay fit they are potentially a 4-5th team, if not, it could be down to 10th for them.

i dont mind the one man team tag, cos that has been used to death, but to accuse us of losing depth...

fullback: odavis, hughes, seage, salkeld, young, and kidley if need be
wings: tahu, quinn, hall, richardson, seage, young
centres: gidley, hughes, richardson, quinn, hall, tahu, kidley
halves: johns, kidley, fitzgerald, witt
lock: kennedy, abraham, fitzgerald
2nd row: abraham, simpson, mueller, newton, price
props: parsons, perry, woolnough, estatheo, m. kennedy
hookers: buderus, quigley, ennis

this is only some of the players, in many of the forward positions there are more, the only real lack of first grade depth, where a problem may arise is in the props

panthersballboy said:

They fluked the year....i have never seen a side have so much luck in a year!...i also haven't seen a side with such a defensive record win it either!, They where entitled to win the "Bradbury Premiership", The roosters fell over at the last hurdle!

I can handle the truth...they won the GF fair & square ON THE DAY!...however there side isn't a side that will be spoken about lengths in years to come...The Roosters will start as Premiership favourites...& the Panthers around 6th or 7th,

WAKE UP!!

Everyone is saying that the NRL 2003 season was the best season for many years, if not decades. How many other seasons in the past have been given that kind of distinction?!?!

And isn't it coincidental that in season 2003 - "The Best Season" - that the Panthers have finally made it back to where they belong, ON TOP???

It's been years of hard work for the Panthers to get this far. And unfortunately, narrow minded people like you Ron Jeremy refuse to recognise the fact that THE PENRITH PANTHERS ARE ON TOP!!! THEY ARE NUMERO UNO!! THEY HAVE BOTH THE MINOR PREMEIRSHIP AND THE TELSTRA PREMIERSHIP TROPHIES TO PROVE IT!!

The most satisfying thing of all about the Panthers win? They gave the Roosters their BIGGEST defeat of the season!!! They threw everything at Penrith, and the better team won!! We've beaten you guys TWICE this season!! Even in our unfortunate wooden spoon year 2001, we STILL BEAT THE ROOSTERS TWICE!!!!

You say that the Panthers side wont be spoken about for years to come? They're STILL talking about it. They're talking about how they shut those cocky Roosters up!! How do you know no one talks about it? Come down to Penrith and see if anyone still remembers it!!! The roosters made the grand final, and yet Reg Reagan couldn't find anyone in the heart of Rooster territory that knew anything about it.

You comment about their defensive record? Well people always say that its how you play in the Grand Final that counts. Let me give you a reminder about their defensive record in the grand final Jeremy.....

PENRITH 18 - roosters 6. Thats right!! SIX. That means they only let the Roosters score once. AND.........they kept them scoreless for an entire half!! Now to my knowledge, no other team in the NRL has been able to do that this year. Guess who broke that drought???? And you talk about their defence? Don't even get me started about Scott Sattler (a forward) pulling off the most spectacular tackle of the season against Bryne (the fastest man in the Roosters club they keep saying). DEFENCE!!!

Mate - NOW THATS A GRAND FINAL, AND A SEASON TO REMEMBER!!!

Season 2002???? Who won that year again? Oh that's right. The Bulldogs should have won...........[/quote]

That's the realest post I've ever read 8)[/quote]

Cheers Ballboy :)

It was all heartfelt and my main point was to make sure people like Ron Jeremy got the message.

I'm sure the message has gotten through, as he hasn't responded.

anjado

Juniors
yep penrith fluked winning 21 games this year :roll:
they fluked winning the minor premiership :roll:
they fluked winning the grand final :roll:
they fluked making the premier league grand final :roll:
they fluked winning the schoolboys :roll:
or maybe their finally using that huge junior base they have had for years
and are a great team who deserved to win the grand final
and will be up their for years to come
and we all know the kangaroo team is picked on form like it always is like
willie mason :lol:
and what if penrith win it again next year what are you going to say
ohh it was a fluke their rubbish because they won the wooden spoon in 2001
and newcastle in 2001 had just as bad of a defensive record then penrith did this season and im pretty sure they won the grand final
write off penrith if you want but why dont you give a decent reason to
rather then oh it was a fluke

roofromoz

First Grade
Big Panther Cool said:
Everyone is saying that the NRL 2003 season was the best season for many years, if not decades. How many other seasons in the past have been given that kind of distinction?!?!

And isn't it coincidental that in season 2003 - "The Best Season" - that the Panthers have finally made it back to where they belong, ON TOP???

It's been years of hard work for the Panthers to get this far. And unfortunately, narrow minded people like you Ron Jeremy refuse to recognise the fact that THE PENRITH PANTHERS ARE ON TOP!!! THEY ARE NUMERO UNO!! THEY HAVE BOTH THE MINOR PREMEIRSHIP AND THE TELSTRA PREMIERSHIP TROPHIES TO PROVE IT!!

The most satisfying thing of all about the Panthers win? They gave the Roosters their BIGGEST defeat of the season!!! They threw everything at Penrith, and the better team won!! We've beaten you guys TWICE this season!! Even in our unfortunate wooden spoon year 2001, we STILL BEAT THE ROOSTERS TWICE!!!!

You say that the Panthers side wont be spoken about for years to come? They're STILL talking about it. They're talking about how they shut those cocky Roosters up!! How do you know no one talks about it? Come down to Penrith and see if anyone still remembers it!!! The roosters made the grand final, and yet Reg Reagan couldn't find anyone in the heart of Rooster territory that knew anything about it.

You comment about their defensive record? Well people always say that its how you play in the Grand Final that counts. Let me give you a reminder about their defensive record in the grand final Jeremy.....

PENRITH 18 - roosters 6. Thats right!! SIX. That means they only let the Roosters score once. AND.........they kept them scoreless for an entire half!! Now to my knowledge, no other team in the NRL has been able to do that this year. Guess who broke that drought???? And you talk about their defence? Don't even get me started about Scott Sattler (a forward) pulling off the most spectacular tackle of the season against Bryne (the fastest man in the Roosters club they keep saying). DEFENCE!!!

Mate - NOW THATS A GRAND FINAL, AND A SEASON TO REMEMBER!!!

Season 2002???? Who won that year again? Oh that's right. The Bulldogs should have won...........

Well said. Could not have said it better myself! :)

ozzie

Bench
fosie said:
Injuries creates havoc in all teams excpet maybe the Roosters who always seem to have a never ending supply of players :lol:

yeah thats why we were coming 2nd last last year because of injuries - lost 5 in a row. and its why we lost two games in a row to Wests and Canterbury with a second grade side this year during the rep season because we have all these wonderful players in the Premier competition - oh by the way they didn't make the eight in that competition this year...yep all those good players.

do you really believe what your write??? Because if you do you have no idea.

PB

Bench
keeney said:
PB said:
Floater Knights

i dont mind the one man team tag, cos that has been used to death, but to accuse us of losing depth...

fullback: odavis, hughes, seage, salkeld, young, and kidley if need be
wings: tahu, quinn, hall, richardson, seage, young
centres: gidley, hughes, richardson, quinn, hall, tahu, kidley
halves: johns, kidley, fitzgerald, witt
lock: kennedy, abraham, fitzgerald
2nd row: abraham, simpson, mueller, newton, price
props: parsons, perry, woolnough, estatheo, m. kennedy
hookers: buderus, quigley, ennis

this is only some of the players, in many of the forward positions there are more, the only real lack of first grade depth, where a problem may arise is in the props

Your entitled to defend your team, but let me put a line through all the following who are not first grade standard in my opinion...

fullback: seage, salkeld, young,
wings: richardson, seage, young
centres: richardson
halves: fitzgerald, witt
lock: fitzgerald
2nd row: mueller, newton (will he play?)
props: estatheo, m. kennedy
hookers: ennis

And you will notice that you had to use multiple players in multiple positions so if they are playing in one spot, they cant play in another.

Your reserve grade side isnt to flash and having watched them numerous times, there arent any first grade players in that team.

And some of the guys who pass as first graders (M. Gidley, Hall and Price are barely first graders)

Good luck though.

keeney

First Grade
richardson newton ennis fitzgerald m kennedy and estatheo ahve all played first garde, with the majority of the others being able to fill the gap when they are needed, eg. witt and seage, i agree with the reserve grade side not being to falsh, but the majority of these players are enw sigingings and can lift them.

JJ

Immortal
Renowned League Expert said:
56 said:
I know its about 130 days till kick off................but this is my top 15 for next year after the premiership rounds have been completed.

1) Penrith Panthers (No 2nd year syndrome. They are too hungry)

If Penrith make the top 8 I'll eat my hat. They had everything go right this year -- no injuries apart from Girdler, no rep committments, played the top teams during Origin.

They can't have the same luck again.

hehe - how's does the hat taste "expert"?

weasel

First Grade
I can't believe half the predictions on the first page of this thread had us to finish behind everyone but Souths. :?

Raider_69

Post Whore
Canterbury said:
Raider_69 said:
cant say i disagree to much there Legend except i think the Cowboys will finish about 7th and the tigers to finish 6th

if both cowboys and tigers finish in the top 8 next season i'll shove three dildos in my ass.

ohh deary me, canterbury, your in for a world of hurt

Latest posts