What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Billy Slater Ninja Kicks

0,,6284879,00.jpg

petetheileet

First Grade
r299529_1296137.jpg

KAAAARRRAAATE....CHOP!!!!!

What a f**kin cat...the merkin wouldnt hack it if someone was to do it to him.....

and honestly look how far away he is. He has no chance of stopping anything the ball is what 7cm off the ground and slaters studs are 70cm away???

Slater is a massive f**king grub...theres no doubting it and can anyone honestly say the want to see this in our game???

JoeD

First Grade
Its dangerous and should be illegal. When a defenders first point of contact with an attacker is his foot or leg it should be ruled like a foot trip and penalised.

aarondoyle

Juniors
In the slow replay all you saw was a leg coming at the player slowly. After the BS Slater had been engaging in previous to then one of my friends made the joke it was probably Billy's leg coming to kick the guy in the face... we were both amused, and shocked when it really was Billy Slater and he was flying in like a freaking martial artist.

If he had got the ball it would have been good defense I guess... he's still a dirty player though.

P.J.

Juniors
He is also watching the ball, I don't think it was a cheap shot, he is just pretty full on in the way he plays. Besides you see a lot of players go in late after tries are scored. Could it have been an 8 point try, well maybe, but I certainly see the use in trying to knock the ball free with your legs. It is basically encouraged.

To be honest if David Milne could defend like Slater I would put up with the occasional ugly incident like that.

Sure he's watching the ball, but how late is he!!!! There's no way he was gonna get there to knock the ball out before the bloke grounded it.

Same deal with Crocker, I think it was Kite who went over under the posts, clearly down already and Crocker came in over the top with a forearm to break the outstretched arm of the Manly player. Fortunately, he missed but geez it was close....

mik01

Juniors

dangerous and dumb.

another martial arts piece of bullsh*t finding its way into the game???
is this the work of a new tactic from the Storm?

next it will be someone running into a tackle with a flying kick directed at the ball -
we will call this new game National Martial League, and they will come from miles away to watch... high profile players will achieve the status of Jedi - the Clive Churchill will be replaced with a 3rd Dan, and the Dally M ceremony will be moved to Japan...

leading with the feet at an opponent should be made a bona fide law that deserves a penalty every time.

rupertpupkin

Juniors
Its dangerous and should be illegal. When a defenders first point of contact with an attacker is his foot or leg it should be ruled like a foot trip and penalised.

Can't say for sure if it was actually in the book back in the day, but refs used to come down hard on any sort of kicking when the player is placing the ball down. We were instructed not to strike with the feet as it could result in a send off. Fullback, or any defender was expected to lead with the hands, elbows, knees, anything but the feet. Maybe it's changed. Dunno.

dubby

Bench
I honestly think its a dangerous act and not "in the spirit of the game".

Does Billy have to injure someone before its stopped?

Calixte

First Grade
I don't have a problem with it, other than in relation to studs up to some extent which I can understand.

The major complaint in the thread is generally with the administrators not Slater.

They should change the rules if they have a problem with it. Until then, he is doing nothing wrong.

RufusRex

Post Whore
Happened in the 20s as well ... should have been an 8 point try awarded ...

As a player was putting the ball down the defensive player kicked him in the guts ... Now i must have missed the meeting where it was decided that kicking a player was ok but FMD ...

It is not safe ... slide studs up into a blokes face and there goes an eye ... it was pretty close to a boot in the face for robbo .. other than that a snapped arm is not impossible to see happening.

Cheops

Juniors
The other one he seems to do is when he jumps to take a bomb, he kicks out his leg to stop anyone getting near him. He's either going to kick someone in the face, or have his leg broken one day.

Mr Saab

Referee
The other one he seems to do is when he jumps to take a bomb, he kicks out his leg to stop anyone getting near him. He's either going to kick someone in the face, or have his leg broken one day.

No big loss

RufusRex

Post Whore
clubbing him over the head with a lump of 4x2 may stop a try being scored too .. doesnt make it safe or legal though ...

if you get 4+ weeks at time for a careless high shot how many more weeks should you get for a careless kick to the head?

Hell - Wes Naiqama got suspended for 2 weeks for not tripping someone ... Contrary Conduct was the apparant offence ... If this is not contrary conduct then i dont know what is.

badav

Bench
Must have been getting some coaching off Mathew Ridge! Not sure i would want my star full back putting his leg at risk like that! HAving said that nothing illegal or untoward about it. Stop whinging you girls!

Yeah cos we definetaly want more blokes like Matty Ridge playing the game and all.

Latest posts