What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Billy Slater retires

Billythekid

First Grade
Not many are doubting his footballing talent or ability in any way. Trying to paint it in that light is petulant. Are fans of the this forum obliged to gloss over the negatives of his game that are 100% accurate?

I don't really give a shit what most of the pea brains on this forum think. Half the posters on here are barely capable of stringing together an actual logical thought and most of the rest are only here to troll.

_Johnsy

Referee
I don't really give a shit what most of the pea brains on this forum think. Half the posters on here are barely capable of stringing together an actual logical thought and most of the rest are only here to troll.
That time of the month?

You do give a shit as your comment I quoted shows. You referred to “ you guys” on the forum & attempted to inaccurately paint. Oh you care, someone dared say anything negative about your hero. I think your holding some of the salt too.

Last edited:

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Decent player but let's not forget Lord Jarryd Hayne completely owned him in Origin carrying Trent Hodkinson and Josh Reynolds(plus a bunch of other donkeys) whilst Billy Slater was playing with the greatest Origin team ever

Hayne 1
Decent 0

Billythekid

First Grade
That time of the month?

You do give a shit as your comment I quoted shows. You referred to “ you guys” on the forum & attempted to inaccurately paint. Oh you care, someone dared say anything about your hero. I think your holding some of the salt too.

You could have just saved the rest of your paragraph and posted 'u mad'. Better yet just post it in gif form, that's even more authentic.

King hit

Coach
Best fullback to ever play the game.

I wonder how he compares alongside Churchill who is called the greatest player ever by almost every historian. Churchill was a fullback who completely changed the way fullbacks play and how people viewed them.

Johns Magic

Referee
Haven't read the previous posts.

Fave player of all time.

The true measure of how far grittiness and intensity can make up for a lack of natural talent. Yes he was fast but so are a lot guys. Hayne, Inglis and others had a lot more ball skills and size. What made Billy the best was his desire to be on the ball and to win and I don't think that will ever be matched.

Massive respect. Thanks for the best career I've ever watched.

Saintsified

Bench
I wonder how he compares alongside Churchill who is called the greatest player ever by almost every historian. Churchill was a fullback who completely changed the way fullbacks play and how people viewed them.
Langlands has Churchhill covered let alone Slater.

DeeJ

Bench
Is he gonna get on stage and cry again?

I thought he had another year in him, personally.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
One of the all time greats and arguably the best fullback to ever play the game. The best part is just how much salt his success has brought to this forum. No matter how much you guys whinge and try and change history Slater will be remembered as one of the best players to ever lace a boot.
Reading the posts in this thread says otherwise. Look to yourself for the salt.

King hit

Coach
38784247_1955436307877454_475074746451492864_n.jpg

Cockosh

Juniors
One of the best, despite some of the small negatives. Good luck to him.
I happened to be sitting behind him in the Qantas lounge in Brisbane about 3 years ago without realising. After turning around and realising it was him there must of been about 5 or 6 people come up to say hello to him within half an hour and despite being on and off the phone he took the time to have a polite chat with each of them, especially a young boy who was there with his dad. The kid was in awe. I was pretty impressed with his patience. Seemed like a nice guy.