What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bird back home to roost?

Would you take Bird back?

• Yes

Votes: 41 75.9%
  • No

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 2 3.7%

• Total voters
When it happened at Melbourne and Manly the clubs went straight into damage control and lock down. The officials, players and fans rallied behind their star players, but not in this case, not at Cronulla. Why??

Because they're low scum and we're not?

Feej

First Grade
Low scum that win premierships???

I'm with you pops.

I don't think their supporters and sponsors think they're low scum when they hold the trophy aloft. Plus it doesn't take too long for the press to forget, or some other story to come up.

How happy would Manly have been getting the story out about Stewart facing charges? Within 24 hours the story was obliterated by GF coverage. Won't hear anything now until next season.

YES!!!! Absolutely!! He should never have been hung out to dry in the first place. This was a private matter between him and his girlfriend, nothing to do with anyone else. Cronulla finally get a star player and what happens? They release him :? No other club would've done it, so why should the sharks? For me, that was strike 3. After watching the club make decisions like releasing Lang for Anderson and don't get me started on releasing Peachey, then this. So that was enough for me, I was sick and tired of the club making poor decisions so I didn't attend a game all year. I felt sorry for all the boys but I had to make a stand and vote with my feet and so I refused to support the club this year and didn't renew my membership. After watching those boys out there on the field that day against Manly, it broke my heart. The club has broken my heart. I wish they would take him back but would they? Would he want to come back after being treated so poorly by the club, the fans and the media? If they did what Melbourne and Manly did with their players then it would've been all forgotten about after a few weeks. I only hope I can find reasons to come back and support the club I supported for so long.

Jesus titty f**king christ... you can't be serious?

I'm with you pops.

I don't think their supporters and sponsors think they're low scum when they hold the trophy aloft. Plus it doesn't take too long for the press to forget, or some other story to come up.

How happy would Manly have been getting the story out about Stewart facing charges? Within 24 hours the story was obliterated by GF coverage. Won't hear anything now until next season.

And that's fine. That's your opinion and it's sweet. Can't change it. For me, personally, I would vomit in my mouth a little bit if Bird was to hold the trophey aloft for us.

There's more to life than that and in my opinion its un-Australian to support a coward just so you can register a win. Leave that to the yanks.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
just so you can register a win. Leave that to the yanks.

Whilst I believe in that philosophy, it will never help the club win a premiership.
Go over the last 10 GF victors & find a club incident free. FFS look at the dogs going over the cap then winning the GF with the same squad a year later. How can you win against that? & its still going on with Inglis, Stewart et al. I still believe Bird will get off btw. I reckon Stewart will not get off. How do you beat that when you are the only club sacking your stars?

Latest posts