What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bird back home to roost?

Would you take Bird back?

• Yes

Votes: 41 75.9%
  • No

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 2 3.7%

• Total voters

sharknows

Bench
A great footballer but a bit of an idiot. I reckon he would have grown up a lot after all this. I'd have him back but can't see it happening. Imagine a back row of Gall, Toupou & Bird.

Quigs

Immortal
Dommie, I am happy with the clubs decision too.

But most of the other "grub" clubs in the NRL were happy too, very happy and united behind the Sharks decision until it came time for them to have to face similiar music.

Then it was a case of ummm, arhhhhhhh, butttt, we will offer supervision and counselling to get so and so through this.. blah blah blah.

That is my point.

And it is the usual story, nice guys finish last.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Eion

First Grade
Dommie, I am happy with the clubs decision too.

But most of the other "grub" clubs in the NRL were happy too, very happy and united behind the Sharks decision until it came time for them to have to face similiar music.

Then it was a case of ummm, arhhhhhhh, butttt, we will offer supervision and counselling to get so and so through this.. blah blah blah.

That is my point.

And it is the usual story, nice guys finish last.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs
Yeah but if we're going to be sh!t for the next couple of years in any event because we can't spend our cap - I'd rather be sh!t without bird. I'd take the spoon without Bird over finishing 10th with Bird.

Drakken

Juniors
YES!!!! Absolutely!! He should never have been hung out to dry in the first place. This was a private matter between him and his girlfriend, nothing to do with anyone else. Cronulla finally get a star player and what happens? They release him :? No other club would've done it, so why should the sharks? For me, that was strike 3. After watching the club make decisions like releasing Lang for Anderson and don't get me started on releasing Peachey, then this. So that was enough for me, I was sick and tired of the club making poor decisions so I didn't attend a game all year. I felt sorry for all the boys but I had to make a stand and vote with my feet and so I refused to support the club this year and didn't renew my membership. After watching those boys out there on the field that day against Manly, it broke my heart. The club has broken my heart. I wish they would take him back but would they? Would he want to come back after being treated so poorly by the club, the fans and the media? If they did what Melbourne and Manly did with their players then it would've been all forgotten about after a few weeks. I only hope I can find reasons to come back and support the club I supported for so long.

Eion

First Grade
The club has broken my heart. I wish they would take him back but would they? Would he want to come back after being treated so poorly by the club, the fans and the media? If they did what Melbourne and Manly did with their players then it would've been all forgotten about after a few weeks. I only hope I can find reasons to come back and support the club I supported for so long.
Geez Drakken, I can understand people wanting Bird back but to feel sorry for him has got to be a stretch. There's 1 bloke to blame for this mess and it's the bloke who had the glass in his hand, the bloke who tried to blame his mate, and the bloke who refused to talk to the club.

Drakken

Juniors
Geez Drakken, I can understand people wanting Bird back but to feel sorry for him has got to be a stretch. There's 1 bloke to blame for this mess and it's the bloke who had the glass in his hand, the bloke who tried to blame his mate, and the bloke who refused to talk to the club.

Have you ever done something stupid before giving it thought? There are consequences for all our actions but I am positive he is regretting what happened. Doesn't anyone think he and Milligan should've been given support and offered counselling rather than just throwing him to the wolves?

Eion

First Grade
Have you ever done something stupid before giving it thought? There are consequences for all our actions but I am positive he is regretting what happened. Doesn't anyone think he and Milligan should've been given support and offered counselling rather than just throwing him to the wolves?
Ohh yep I've done plenty wrong, but I've also had to take my share of responsibility for my actions.

Putting aside what happened to Milligan, do you think Bird (and manager) treated the club with contempt? I do. How could the club offer him support and counselling if he refused to even speak with them?

Drakken

Juniors
Ohh yep I've done plenty wrong, but I've also had to take my share of responsibility for my actions.

Putting aside what happened to Milligan, do you think Bird (and manager) treated the club with contempt? I do. How could the club offer him support and counselling if he refused to even speak with them?

I don't know mate, like I said he made some stupid decisions and received poor advice. Who knows what really happened but I am sure he knows he went about it all wrong. I just think the club could have done more for their star player. Why he didn't want to talk with the club when Stuart was supposed to be a mate of his I really don't know. When it happened at Melbourne and Manly the clubs went straight into damage control and lock down. The officials, players and fans rallied behind their star players, but not in this case, not at Cronulla. Why??

Eion

First Grade
I don't know mate, like I said he made some stupid decisions and received poor advice. Who knows what really happened but I am sure he knows he went about it all wrong. I just think the club could have done more for their star player. Why he didn't want to talk with the club when Stuart was supposed to be a mate of his I really don't know. When it happened at Melbourne and Manly the clubs went straight into damage control and lock down. The officials, players and fans rallied behind their star players, but not in this case, not at Cronulla. Why??
I think the club has tried to pander to the vocal PC brigade too often and I've been critical of the club over a few things, but I don't think they could have done much different with the bird thing at the time. Bird did not let the club rally around him imo, but I guess we just agree to disagree on this one.

Drakken

Juniors
geez, you guys still haven't gotten over bird. get over it, hes a tool and only had one decent season with us.

I don't think the Sharks ever got over it. Call him what you will but do you realize the sort of influence this guy had on the field? Think how Parra would go without Jarryd Hayne.

carcharias

Immortal
I don't think the Sharks ever got over it. Call him what you will but do you realize the sort of influence this guy had on the field? Think how Parra would go without Jarryd Hayne.

hang on now....now you're talking in terms of Covell.

Latest posts