What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bit of bad news to come out of today..

eelz47

Coach
true pp, but holic reckons there was heaps of ppl, maybe a 1000?maybe, and the organisers dont organise it rightly

Eelementary

Post Whore
parra pete said:
They'd complain more if there was no-one. These blokes have to remember that they enjoyed getting autographs before they became 'famous'.
If they don't like the limelight and the perks that come with it, see how they enjoy working a real job.
I have no time for 'heroes'. They have an obligation to the Club and the code to put in an effort at 'fanday'.

I understand what you're saying and agree.

And I don't think it was organised very well, no...There were a lot of people there, and they had at one stage at least 3 different ways to get to the Pirtek Signing Tent (which, incidentally, was merely a row of tables and chairs lol), which meant that the people who had been standing in line for ages were finding that thy were being cut off by people who just arrived.

lucablight

First Grade
Nikki said:
Fan Day was a huge let down. But I got what I needed to get done, done. Some of the players and officials were deadset RUDE!!!

Oh, is this parrasque asking nicely for photos. I am in two minds to share after the rudeness that was shown with the Port Macq photos...

Who was rude? If that's true it's a bit of a disappointment.

Nikki

Coach
The main one was an official. Question the amount of items that I get signed during the year. Hindy made the comment that I put them on ebay coz I told him but I was actually getting a jersey signed for a friend which had his name on it so I made the comment back "Yeah, Im gunna put in on ebay and hope someone with the name Cooper bids on it". I also had a problem with another player but he is always rude and I have come to expect nothing less. The younger players are awesome tho. Cordoba seemed to be having the best day and Ben and Tim were lapping it up too. Alot of players were told not to sign things until they got to the tables and they were taking this to heart telling people to go away and get in the line. That in itself was rude IMO. Things are just getting worse with our organisers. It was better up on the training oval when the players mingled or when they sat at the tables in shifts.

fish eel

Immortal
Nikki said:
The main one was an official. Question the amount of items that I get signed during the year. Hindy made the comment that I put them on ebay coz I told him but I was actually getting a jersey signed for a friend which had his name on it so I made the comment back "Yeah, Im gunna put in on ebay and hope someone with the name Cooper bids on it". I also had a problem with another player but he is always rude and I have come to expect nothing less. The younger players are awesome tho. Cordoba seemed to be having the best day and Ben and Tim were lapping it up too. Alot of players were told not to sign things until they got to the tables and they were taking this to heart telling people to go away and get in the line. That in itself was rude IMO. Things are just getting worse with our organisers. It was better up on the training oval when the players mingled or when they sat at the tables in shifts.

I can understand why.

That line seemed so long, if players were signing stuff whenever somebody came up to them, it would have been bedlam!! It might sound tough and rude...but only signing stuff at the table actually helps add a bit of order.

I always whinge and moan about how our club does things, and today certainly could have been done a lot better, but f**k, at least we had it. We're pretty lucky. Generally, our players are quite available to us. I dunno how other clubs do it.

Any maybe some where rude, well, thats just people, isnt it? They're not robots who are going to be perfect everytime.

Nikki

Coach
Nope, I have strong views on this day. If I went up to em after a game and they told me to f**k off then fair enuff but its was there job to show up and do what they did today for 2 friggin hours. Arrogance wont win them fans or a premiership is all I can say.

Nikki

Coach
Ooh, while I think of it, some good news from Fan Day is there should be a new calendar out in the next couple of weeks. I would say it will hopefully be ready for the first home game.

strider

Post Whore
Nikki said:
Ooh, while I think of it, some good news from Fan Day is there should be a new calendar out in the next couple of weeks. I would say it will hopefully be ready for the first home game.

oh wow - cheerleaders calendar? \\\\:D/

only joking

Nikki

Coach
Nooo.... That is not good news at all. We did see a cheerleader in the Fairy Floss que today tho... Didnt think that stuff was good for cheer gals. And she was so excited to be there too!!! lol

lucablight

First Grade
Nikki said:

Judging from your response I believe you aren't a huge fan of John Morris. I don't really care if the officials are rude but it is very disappointing if players are. I mean some of us devote alot of time, support and our hard earned cash so these guys can make a living and I believe they owe it to us to at least try and make an effort to be good to the loyal fans. I have alot of respect for the players and I know I probably couldn't look at them the same way if they were downright rude to the fans. I hope there wasn't too many of them.

Nikki

Coach
Hahahaha.. You've got the guy summed up but I didnt mention him and he wasnt there... lol. Nah, i wont mention the two players I had a problem with coz it is probably just a personality clash. I think more so the officials should be settin an example for the boys too.

But as I said, the younger players were all brilliant. Stopped and talked to people, were playing with the kids on the tackling bags etc. I hope they dont get "First Grade Footballer" syndrome...

All in all it was an OK day tho. I am probably just whinging a bit..

eeladdick

Juniors
i'd like to say me and my wife and our 3 kids had a wonderful time and all this rudeness shown by the players was in no way shown towards us ,ok it was a busy day out there for them but i still think they they were good to accomadate everyones needs ie autographs photos and hand shakes ... and my missues kiss on the cheek from morro............but i felt it was a great day where's all this negativity from guys..ok the orginisers had some problems but dont blame the players....

Eelementary

Post Whore
eeladdick said:
i'd like to say me and my wife and our 3 kids had a wonderful time and all this rudeness shown by the players was in no way shown towards us ,ok it was a busy day out there for them but i still think they they were good to accomadate everyones needs ie autographs photos and hand shakes ... and my missues kiss on the cheek from morro............but i felt it was a great day where's all this negativity from guys..ok the orginisers had some problems but dont blame the players....

That's why right there.

Nikki mentioned some players were not too nice, and I and a few other people noticed it too. They tended to be indifferent if you didn't have kids.

Yesterday I tried to brush it off as a good day overall...But it was disappointing for me, because two of my favourite players obviously didn't want to be there.

On the plus side, our captain is a magnificent man; Tim and Ben Smith are awesome; Joel Reddy is great (does he NEVER stop smiling? lol); Blake Green (I think he was him lol) was so polite - he signed my poster, I said thanks, and he said no worries with a huge smile on his face!

Generally they were well-behaved...So generally it was a good day.

eelz47

Coach
Eelementary said:
); Blake Green (I think he was him lol) was so polite - he signed my poster, I said thanks, and he said no worries with a huge smile on his face!

blake signs his middle initial too

Nikki

Coach
I actually heard one player be rude to a kid at the signing table, and I called him out on it too. At the end of the day, Im an adult and if they want to give me crap, thats fine, I can dish it back. But one thing I always say to the boys, if I am talking to them and a kid comes up for an autograph, then I come second. I cant stand players being rude to children who look up the them with stars in their eyes. There is nothing more crushing. Joey Johns is the king of letting lil kids down and I dont wanna see our boys turn into that!

parra pete

Referee
Nikki said:
I actually heard one player be rude to a kid at the signing table, and I called him out on it too. At the end of the day, Im an adult and if they want to give me crap, thats fine, I can dish it back. But one thing I always say to the boys, if I am talking to them and a kid comes up for an autograph, then I come second. I cant stand players being rude to children who look up the them with stars in their eyes. There is nothing more crushing. Joey Johns is the king of letting lil kids down and I dont wanna see our boys turn into that!

Well said:clap: