What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bit of bad news to come out of today..

Eelementary

Post Whore
Oh, Moi Moi's phone thing wasn't too bad - after he signed it, I said thank you and he looked up at me and smiled.

PJ's comments, while maybe not as rude as an insult, were just disappointing - I've always thought of him as a good bloke (which I'm sure he still is).

Part of me realises that yes, being a professional First Grade footballer in the toughest competition on the world means that you have to put up with a lot of attention...But the other part of me says, "Hey mate - without fans, there would be no team and you would not have the 'idol' status you currently do have."

I'm just stoked that Nathan Cayless and Tim Smith were champions - as I said, Caylo spent SO much time taking photos and signing things for so many people BEFORE the signing session, yet when the signing session started, he was still more than happy to sign things and not make a deal out of it. And Tim...Well, he's just a great guy! And Reddy - I love it how he's ALWAYS smiling!

Generally-speaking it was a great day - except for a minor issue lol...

See, my dad and sister asked me who some of the players were so they could make some small chat, and I made a few errors...:shock:

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Eelementary said:
See, my dad and sister asked me who some of the players were so they could make some small chat, and I made a few errors...:shock:

That'll be 10 Hail Hindys

Nikki

Coach
Yeah all in all a great day. Just hanging out with mates and having the boys around is great. Peto again, has a thing about making me feel awkward around certain players and he did it again yesterday. But still walked with heaps of stories that will get told over, n over, n over again... lol

When I was leaving at about Midday, I walked Past Fui Fui and what looked to be some relatives, 2 kids and an elder samoan Gentleman, but he was still happy to smile and wave for the fans and speak with the people who were behind us, (even if it was a simple thanks and a smile) from his car.

Now as to Hillsong, they are the most unchristain christians I have ever met. But I don't know the full story, so I am not to pass judgment.

Again to Zapps, spoke with me a couple of times during the day, we had a bit of a joke on the last time, so I had no problems there.

I did say hi to Matt as he walked past and got a possitive nod of the head in recognition, but then again I am not one to speak to the players about much, Just a thank you after the game is all I can ever say to them.

The Colonel

Immortal
Have to say many of the fans can be very rude though too. At about 12.30 we tried to get Hindy out of the crowd, he tried to sign as much as possible but was under the constraints of time. There were people who wouldn't take no for an answer. Two of the staff were trying to help him through the crowd and one of the girls was almost knocked over. Even when people were told not to ask as he had to leave you were completely ignored and even told to get ****ed......

I was the subject of a small amount of abuse when the FREE fairy floss ran out..... copped similar last year when the FREE popcorn wasn't ready in time.

forward pass

Coach
I didn't bother standing in line to get autographs. So I can't comment at all.

But, I remember Peto having his mobile to his ear at last years fanday and I wasn't too impressed. I can't believe you guys are saying he did that again!!!!

Stagger eel

Staff member
there doesn't seem to be any perfect solution to all this other than the fact that under the circumstances it was a real success.

fish eel

Immortal
The Colonel said:
I was the subject of a small amount of abuse when the FREE fairy floss ran out..... copped similar last year when the FREE popcorn wasn't ready in time.

Probably was the guy in the Cruel Sea shirt, wasnt it?

The Colonel

Immortal
fish eel said:
Probably was the guy in the Cruel Sea shirt, wasnt it?

Not sure. Some guy followed me when I went to find out about the sugar and get some ice for my hand. Wanted to know when it was going to start again (at 11.50 when it was to finish at 12) and when we told him there was no more sugar he got the ****s and started carrying on a bit.

fish eel

Immortal
The Colonel said:
and when we told him there was no more sugar he got the ****s and started carrying on a bit.

If there were tears...it was definately the guy in the cruel sea shirt

The Colonel

Immortal
Was he with his wife and mother and about two dozen kids? One lady was having a right old whinge about kids cutting the line which to be honest, having my head stuck inb making the bloody things, I didn't notice.

Stagger eel

Staff member
he's refering to me ya goose!!!

I was the guy in the Cruel sea shirt, and no don't care too much for flairy floss haven't since 1975, just quietly.

fish eel

Immortal
The Colonel said:
Alright, alright. I was too busy making the **** to notice what most were wearing.

Your also not in the habit of looking at the ground....

hybrideel

Bench
I was a little disappointed at the organisation on Saturday. I guess they couldn't predict the amount of people that would come but my mum, GF and myself started lining up at 10:20 and were about 10 metres from the table when they told us that they were packing up.I can kind of understand that they couldnt stand there all day but it was still disappointing waiting that long for nothing.
A few things i noticed though, Wade, Benny, Stringer, Caylo seemed happy to mingle with the fans and sign autographs before the signing session.Fui even came walking up the line to sign and was just before us when some officials grabbed him and told him to go back to the table. After we were told it was over, Peto, PJ, Morro, Wags, Benny, Hindy, Timmy, Blake Green(Who seems really happy to be there, shook my hand and said really pleased to meet you) and wade hung around for a fair bit longer which i'm sure they didnt really need to do.

Hellsy

Immortal
Blake Green is a lovely kid.
Hope he goes better this year, he looked a little lost at times last year

What about Jimmy, how tops is that bloke!!! Even with a broken arm he was willing to sit there and not complain about signing stuff. (even when he was getting stuff thrown at him).

I dont think it was as well organised as it could be, the last couple were run better, but it was good seeing the boys and they were all pretty cool to me and HJ. (then again who wouldnt be to Brians beard brigade?)

Latest posts