What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bizarre Emails, SMSs and Phone Calls.

bubs

Juniors
Things are getting stranger by the hour.

Just got a call from a number almost exactly the same as mine. Say my mobile number ends in 000 - this one ended in 063.

Did a search for the number and it came up as Salam Driving School based in Bonnyrigg, NSW.

Strange as I live in Melbourne and have held a driver's licence since 1975.
These are done also by Indian scammers spoofing (faking) a phone number. The intent here is for you to answer the phone as the number seems similar to you, or an attempt to fool you thinking it's an Australia number, instead of obviously being an international number with about 5 more digits in the number. Ringing back these numbers also may result in you inadvertently ringing a premium number, being billed per minute. Yet another type of scam.

YoHadrian

Juniors
Look up Kitboga, ScammerPayback, Scambaiter & Trilogy Media on youtube for some amazing & hilarious getting scammers back. These people are human flotsam.

Parra

Referee
An old premium number scam was the fake courier. They would go to a multi occupancy high rise in the city with a package, when it was the wrong company the "courier" would ask the receptionist if they could phone their head office to sort it out as the documents were urgent etc.. They then ring the premium number and place the receiver so it is doesn't really hang up. Say thanks, get the lift to the next reception and repeat. Pretty low risk / low tech approach.

Latest posts