What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BK - The best lock of all time?

Moffo

Referee
There are many contenders and although I hate to line up different generations, i think BK would cover anyone on his day. It is so unfortunate that injuries have cruelled his career (to a degree), as this guy for mine is the best forward going around today and I doubt there has been a better player in the past

Perhaps one day the wider league community will appreciate this

Raider_69

Post Whore
I maybe biased but he is behind Brad Clyde at the very least IMO
perhaps more from the old days

innsaneink

Referee
Cronulla-12t,10g...68 Manly- 1t,1g...6--Endeavour ---21-Aug-2005

cro40wfa.jpg

RABK

Referee
Big call, he played his best with us and was phoenomenal in that 2001 season.

But you've never heard of Johnny Raper? Ron Coote? Brad Clyde? Ray Price?

Bazal

Post Whore
LOL! Best lock ever? Not a chance. Good player, but not even close...Best I've seen was Brad Clyde, he makes Kennedy look useless.

Red and Blue Knight said:

Heard of em all, only ever seen a lil of Brad Clyde towards the end of his career. Heard all the others were phenominal although I can't comment, never seen them play.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Brad Clyde in his day was Nathen Hindmarsh's work rate combined with Ben Kennedy's impact in attack

Moffo

Referee
Red and Blue Knight said:

yep i have and with the possible exception of raper he is better

Bazal

Post Whore
Raider_69 said:
Brad Clyde in his day was Nathen Hindmarsh's work rate combined with Ben Kennedy's impact in attack

Plus Dallas Johnsons flawless tackling style. He was the complete lock. BK isn't fit to lace his shoes...

RABK

Referee
I wouldn't go that far Raider...he was probably at about 85% of both of those respective players in those departments. Clyde averaged about 35 tackles and 100 metres where as Hindmarsh averages about 45 tackles and Kennedy averages about 130 metres with 5 offloads a game.

What made Clyde great was the fact that he was as complete as a forward could get and the quality of his work. His last hit up and tackle were as good as his first.

Bazal

Post Whore
Sea Eagle Scuba said:
Big call.

Might be, but it's one I'm prepared to stick by. Clyde was the perfect lock and I will be surprised if we see his like again....