What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blair’s reaction...

flamin

Juniors
What a goose. No apology. No accountability. No idea.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11945482

Kiwis captain Adam Blair described the 4-2 loss to Fiji, which ousted his side from the quarter-finals of the Rugby League World Cup, as "not a negative".

Blair was interviewed by Sky Sport's Monty Betham in the immediate aftermath of the maiden meeting between the sides at a poorly-attended Westpac Stadium in Wellington.

"[We] have to go back and reflect on what we've done in the tournament," Blair said.

"It's not a negative for us. We're going to build something here and we've got some great young talent coming through."

Blair preferred to give credit to Fiji.

"It was do or die for both teams who put it on the line.

"Our boys turned up, worked together as a group, and in the end a couple of penalties put them in front.

Betham asked him what their strategy was coming in.

"Be us," Blair said. "Play our way, they were tough, resilient and played for the 80 [minutes].

"You got to give credit to everyone on field. It was a great game to watch."

Irish-bulldog

Juniors
What a goose. No apology. No accountability. No idea.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11945482

Kiwis captain Adam Blair described the 4-2 loss to Fiji, which ousted his side from the quarter-finals of the Rugby League World Cup, as "not a negative".

Blair was interviewed by Sky Sport's Monty Betham in the immediate aftermath of the maiden meeting between the sides at a poorly-attended Westpac Stadium in Wellington.

"[We] have to go back and reflect on what we've done in the tournament," Blair said.

"It's not a negative for us. We're going to build something here and we've got some great young talent coming through."

Blair preferred to give credit to Fiji.

"It was do or die for both teams who put it on the line.

"Our boys turned up, worked together as a group, and in the end a couple of penalties put them in front.

Betham asked him what their strategy was coming in.

"Be us," Blair said. "Play our way, they were tough, resilient and played for the 80 [minutes].

"You got to give credit to everyone on field. It was a great game to watch."
I’m not joking when I say it, it almost seemed like they through the game on purpose ? To make sure kidwell got the arse ? JT jumped off a sinking ship.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Nzrl has had big problems for at least three years now. Starts at warriors and ends at kiwis. When nzrl can’t afford to send a nines team to c’wealth games you know their admin is screwed!

playdaball

Bench
NZRL getting smashed this morning on talk back radio.

NZRL - players, coaches, captain, selectors, management.

It's a disgrace and has set back RL in this country (nz) by years.

BTW ... congrats to Fiji.

RedVDragon

Juniors
Kidwell is arrogant and the team plays that way. Coming out and stating the defectors to other nations will never play again for NZ was a mistake. The defectors play passion obviously Kidwell has no idea on how to instil passion into his team. Well Blair as their captain show how much passion they don’t have. Blair retire your time at the storm was your best. After that you lost it between your head thinking your better than everyone else. Enjoy your time at the warriors being who you are lazy.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
And the Warriors paid big bucks.....

Sux to be a kiwi today.

All they have is being good at a real shyte sport.

Still better then Victorians.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Dear New Zealand Rugby League,

Why do you not have a decent domestic league after 100+ years playing the game? Sure, it doesn't have to be professional or even semi-professional but at least be present in all areas of your country.

Why do you have the deepest and most talented pool of players in your nation's history that not too long ago won the 2008 world cup, the 2010 four nations, the 2014 four nations, beat Australia three times in a row and took the number # 1 ranking off the Kangaroos yet you have now fallen from grace with a draw to Scotland, a loss to Tonga and go out in the quarter finals of a home world cup without scoring a try against Fiji? Why is David Kidwell the national coach FFS?

Please get it together for the sake of the game - this is not good enough from a nation with the talent level you have. There are many reasons for countries to go through bad patches but poor coaching standards and lack of passion and pride in the national jersey should never be one of them and that is what I am seeing at the moment.

Last edited:

isaiah

Bench
Kidwell is arrogant and the team plays that way. Coming out and stating the defectors to other nations will never play again for NZ was a mistake. The defectors play passion obviously Kidwell has no idea on how to instil passion into his team. Well Blair as their captain show how much passion they don’t have. Blair retire your time at the storm was your best. After that you lost it between your head thinking your better than everyone else. Enjoy your time at the warriors being who you are lazy.
Stupid sheck and his smug arrogance deserved to be smashed

ozenzud

Juniors
Honestly it might not be a bad thing if the NZRL officially came under the jurisdiction of the ARLC, the NRL has been effectively running the development of RL in NZ at the professional level for years now anyway...

For a second I thought you meant the Auckland Rugby League. Which the NZRL effectively is already under the control of and they ignore the rest of the Country.

Look the ARLC seems to spend too much money on adminstration and not enough on grassroots. League is struggling in NZ and needs grassroots investment. Local development officers, junior development programs etc. It has none of that. The AFL has more development officers in Wellington as RL for example i.e. 1.

The Great Dane

First Grade
For a second I thought you meant the Auckland Rugby League. Which the NZRL effectively is already under the control of and they ignore the rest of the Country.

Look the ARLC seems to spend too much money on adminstration and not enough on grassroots. League is struggling in NZ and needs grassroots investment. Local development officers, junior development programs etc. It has none of that. The AFL has more development officers in Wellington as RL for example i.e. 1.

Even so the ARLC would still spend infinity more on grassroots and junior development then the NZRL could have ever hopped to spend if they were running the NZRL and took it seriously.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Even so the ARLC would still spend infinity more on grassroots and junior development then the NZRL could have ever hopped to spend if they were running the NZRL and took it seriously.

The only concerns that I would have if NZRL came under the umbrella of the ARLC alongside the state leagues would be:

• We would become even more of a joke in the media as an international game
  • I don't know how this would go down with the NZ public
  • How would spending priority go at the ARLC (i.e. I can't see them matching spending for NZ with Australia even on a pro-rata basis) where does NZ fit in the heirarchy? Woudl it be NRL clubs, NSWRL / QLDRL then NZRL?