What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blake Austin is a better 5/8 than Anthony Milford & Mitchell Moses

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I cant entirely blame austin it must be a nightmare to defend in that defensive structure. Seizer and crokers miss were basically symptoms of what pay is doing wrong

Actually austin was bad. I just want to outline how nonsensical our defence is

Vic Mackey

Referee
Sad part is about players coached by Stuart is that they look very good initially under him but get worse and worse with time. I like Austin as a player so hopefully this is just poor form rather than becoming Sticky-fied.

Austins a good first grader but is now 25 and has always played the same way. He has a great show & go and is a good support player but that's it. He isn't ever going to be a guy who goes to the line and sets his outside men up, win a game through kicking/management etc. His defence has always been questionable. I still think he'd be more suited as a fullback or center or even as a bench utility/impact player.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I cant entirely blame austin it must be a nightmare to defend in that defensive structure. Seizer and crokers miss were basically symptoms of what pay is doing wrong

Actually austin was bad. I just want to outline how nonsensical our defence is

I just wish Stuart would rip off the bandaid and send Pay packing. This system is holding us back so much.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Austins a good first grader but is now 25 and has always played the same way. He has a great show & go and is a good support player but that's it. He isn't ever going to be a guy who goes to the line and sets his outside men up, win a game through kicking/management etc. His defence has always been questionable. I still think he'd be more suited as a fullback or center or even as a bench utility/impact player.

Im not writing him off but i think we should play hodgson at 5/8th for a few weeks.

chigurh

Milford was pretty good I thought. Two try assists and a couple of line break assists isn't awful, and he took the line on quite a bit.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Milford was pretty good I thought. Two try assists and a couple of line break assists isn't awful, and he took the line on quite a bit.

Very hard to tackle too. For smaller player he is quite physical. He is heavier than he looks though.

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors

Milford tried hard but didn't have as much impact as hed have liked. If milford had two assists for boyd you wouldnt say they were particularly skillful due to canberra being so bad.

chigurh

Milford tried hard but didn't have as much impact as hed have liked. If milford had two assists for boyd you wouldnt say they were particularly skillful due to canberra being so bad.

That's true, but still I was OK with how he played. Stats aside he kept trying to break the line all night and if there was one thing Canberra did well it was probably stopping him from breaking through. So pretty good signs I reckon.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
He was actually pretty decent over the last month, just an off night. Took him a while to get going after his knee injury.

Well that was pretty underwhelming from both players. Both of them done pretty much nothing in attack, but I guess Austin scored a try at least. LOL @ Milfords stock standard passes to Boyd being counted as try assists. :?

We obviously put undue pressure on ourselves with a series of awful errors coming out of our own end. Then we backed it up with some awful communication in defence on our line. The lot of them are to blame for this. When we play with urgency in attack, we seem to split every defensive line open. It just comes too late sometimes.