What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blake B

bluefox68

Staff member
I’d take Nikora resigning over any other current off-contract player. If we lose him that would be a monumental loss.
I’m sure Uncle Nick is finding a way to “manage the Roosters cap (better than anyone else)” so that he can fit Nikora on the bench as a strike player when all the other players he’s poached feel like a latte...

MilkShark

First Grade
If Capewell has been offered $400k by the Warriors, i can see already offers of $600k for Nikora
Think of it this way, we all know Nikora is priority signing. Would the club, if it didn’t have the cap space, even offer the reported 200k for Capewell.

Hell no.

Seems like Uncle Nick doesn't always get his man....

Roosters offer 'tempting', admits Blayke Brailey after committing to Sharks
Adam PengillyApril 24, 2019 — 8.00pm
Leave a comment

Sharks hooker Blayke Brailey admitted an offer to join the all-powerful Roosters was "tempting" but said he couldn't be happier to remain alongside his brother Jayden for the forseeable future after spurning more than half a dozen NRL clubs.

The 20-year-old, who last week inked a three-year extension with Cronulla, was aggressively chased by the premiers as well as the Bulldogs and host of other suitors.

NRL 2019
'The time is right': Gould denies Panthers power struggle forced him to quit
"Like I said I always wanted to stay at Cronulla. I didn’t want to go anywhere else, I live two minutes down the road."

Jayden is under contract at the Sharks until the end of 2020 and has traded time as the Sharks' No.9 with Blayke through the opening six rounds of the season.

The pair have spoken regularly of their desire to play with each other as long as possible, but are also realistic it won't continue forever essentially fighting for the one spot.

Advertisement
"He just said, 'worry about yourself, do what is best for me'," Blayke said of Jayden's advice. "We’re both supportive of each other. I asked for his advice through everything.

"I took all [the offers] very seriously. I have always wanted to stay at Cronulla. It was exciting for me just seeing that attention, but I didn’t want to get too over my head and worry about it too much."

Brailey was sporting six stitches in his bottom lip on Wednesday after copping a stray boot from Panthers prop Reagan Campbell-Gillard in Cronulla's 11th-hour escape last week. They will travel north to take on the struggling Broncos at Suncorp Stadium on Saturday night.

"When we’re on our game we are very hard to stop," Brailey said. "That confidence, playing ad lib and a bit of structure, we are a really dangerous side I feel. When we are on our game and we use the footy, no team can really stop it."