What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blake Ferguson found guilty of indecent assault

nrlnrl

First Grade
They imposed a 1 year ban on Packer,so he may get the same.

The NRL simply refused to register his Knights contract, so it wasn't a 1 year ban.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-12-06/nrl-refuses-to-register-packer27s-contract/5141768

The Knights sacked him, so pending the appeal & likely change of plea, his future is unknown. ( both away from the field & also his rugby league career )

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-01-31/russell-packer-may-apply-to-withdraw-guilty-plea/5229418

Pete Cash

Post Whore
courts puzzle me

was expecting jail for sure

About the normal for the crime

http://www.armstronglegal.com.au/criminal-law/offences/sexual/indecent-assault

Based on our experience and statistics from the Judicial Commission of New South Wales we believe that the penalty in a case that is within the mid range of seriousness for the offence of indecent assault, if heard in the Local Court, is likely to be a good behaviour bond with supervision under section 9 of the Crimes (Sentencing Procedure) Act for a period of 18 months.
For first time offenders the likely penalty is a good behaviour bond under section 9 of the Crimes (Sentencing Procedure) Act for a period of 18 months.

betcats

Referee
Any word where Fergo is likely to end up? Also has the NRL made any statement?

As much as I hate the thought of another club signing this piece of shit im fairly resigned to the fact its going to happen. I will be f**king disgusted if he is picked for NSW again no matter what his form is.

mxlegend99

Referee
No I don't mean attempted murder, I said Packer is lucky he wasn't facing such charges because what he did could have ended so much worse. As it is 2 years in jail fits his crime and a good behaviour bond fits Fergusons crime
I agree with you and understand what you meant by lucky to to face a murder charge. His actions could have very well killed the person. Especially when considering how many people have died from far less vicious attacks, and from people far smaller and weaker then a professional athlete like Russell Packer. Honestly in this case, it's a miracle the person didn't die or suffer severe brain trauma from the attack. Had the person died from this attack, he would definitely be charged with murder... and I can't see any chance in hell that he could fight the charge and win.

Since the victim was extremely lucky and survived the attack, and done so with no longterm damage. The charge should be for attempted murder. I don't see what else Russell Packer could have been trying to achieve by stomping on a guys head after he knocked him out. The guy was out cold, defenseless and he stomped his head into the ground. That is attempted murder in my eyes.

Springs

First Grade
Any word where Fergo is likely to end up? Also has the NRL made any statement?

As much as I hate the thought of another club signing this piece of shit im fairly resigned to the fact its going to happen. I will be f**king disgusted if he is picked for NSW again no matter what his form is.

But it will be such a great "redemption story"!!

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.news.com.au/national/bla...ct-young-players/story-e6frfkp9-1226816583154

But despite family member, Tony Mundine, (Anthony Mundine's dad) saying Ferguson was "very lucky that he got two years of bond", his lawyer, Adam Houda, appealed the decision and was highly critical of the NRL's treatment of his client who is not signed to any club.

Mr Houda said, "On all grounds an appeal has just been lodged. We don't agree with the Magistrates findings or decisions so we are taking this matter up to a superior court.

"It's unfortunate that the NRL would make the official comments that they made, they stink of prejudgement," he said. "They are quite happy to throw 18-year-old kids into a culture that is embedded in alcohol, they are quite happy to throw them into the spotlight of celebrity life where every part of their movements are scrutinised, but when they can't handle that pressure they want to crush them.

"After the offence was proved, we walked out here and within minutes there was an official condemnation - what careful consideration was made of what took place in court? Of the facts, of the mitigating circumstances, nothing, just condemnation to appease whoever they wanted to appease."

:crazy:

Card Shark

Immortal
I will be f**king disgusted if he is picked for NSW again no matter what his form is.

He'll get picked more readily than he was before because it's part of his rehabilitation & it's a feel good story. :roll:

Lets face it, history shows that bad boys are back in the rep teams sooner rather than later.

I blame him & his stupid mate Dugan for us losing the series last year, we were on a roll until their selfish antics.

POPEYE

Coach
He'll get picked more readily than he was before because it's part of his rehabilitation & it's a feel good story. :roll:

Lets face it, history shows that bad boys are back in the rep teams sooner rather than later.

I blame him & his stupid mate Dugan for us losing the series last year, we were on a roll until their selfish antics.

I heard the poms built a statue of Les Boyd, maybe Ferguson too could become legendary in the Old Dart

LESStar58

Referee
Weak as piss. If Lui can get a one year ban for bashing a woman then Fergie deserves a year on the sidelines for being a sex pest.

Latest posts