What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blake Ferguson found guilty of indecent assault

betcats

Referee
I'm no fan of Lui, but he copped his punishment and sat out a year, did the counciling he was asked to do and didn't make himself out to be the victim the whole time. He did everything he was told and made it back.

Blake committed a lesser crime, refuses to accept his punishment, threatens the big bad nrl and even tried on being Muslim for a couple of weeks. He's done everything except acknowledge that he's done the wrong thing and shows no sign that he will.

f**k him.

Was that a punishment or an injury? I didnt think he was forced to miss any footy because of it...anyway I could be wrong.

Canard

Immortal
not by much. we still have a convicted wife beater running around being cheered by fans.

Nobody cheers Lui, because at best he is a Fringe first grader, at his worst he is terrible.

But yeh I get your point, I personally would be happy if he was banned for ever. He did however get banned for a year after being charged. This AFL character has got convicted (not just charged) of GBH, a serious serious crime, and nothing has happened.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Nobody cheers Lui, because at best he is a Fringe first grader, at his worst he is terrible.

But yeh I get your point, I personally would be happy if he was banned for ever. He did however get banned for a year after being charged. This AFL character has got convicted (not just charged) of GBH, a serious serious crime, and nothing has happened.

there are actually two AFL players that have been convicted for GBH and nothing has happened to either

seems the only thing that will stop them from playing is if they get jail time when sentenced

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Thats the AFL's issue, so who cares.

I have no worries with the powers that be setting high standards.

We've already seen the AFL f**k up the ASADA thing, while the NRL has been spot on.

The tables have turned.

betcats

Referee

Edit: My apologies, he was banned as per El Ds comment below.

Last edited:

Snappy

Coach
Exiled rugby league star Blake Ferguson knocks over beers, not opponents
PHIL ROTHFIELD SPORTS EDITOR-AT-LARGE THE DAILY TELEGRAPH MARCH 11, 2014 12:00AM

EXILED rugby league star Blake Ferguson is back on the grog again, spending Sunday afternoon knocking over schooners instead of opponents.

Just four months after converting to Islam and vowing to give up alcohol, the former Canberra Raiders star is now drinking regularly.

This is the same man who also recently told a magistrate in Sutherland court, when found guilty of indecent assault, that he was no longer drinking.

Ferguson is appealing the verdict in a higher court.

From midday on Sunday afternoon, the State of Origin star was spotted drinking in the beer garden at the Caringbah hotel.

Our photo shows him with an unidentified male friend. Witnesses said he was there for several hours.

Only two weeks ago he was also spotted having a late session at a King Cross nightclub.

In fairness Ferguson is not misbehaving and just minding his own business.

He originally converted to Islam because his life was spiralling out of control on alcohol-fuelled benders.

“Alcohol has been my problem for the last five years,” he said, “It’s brought me down to where I am now. I’ve had enough. From here on I’m not drinking.”

That was in November. He has since been spotted at the Clovelly Hotel, Kings Cross and now Caringbah.

His mate and mentor Anthony Mundine continues to stick by him, despite all the broken promises.

Mundine himself is too busy to keep a 24/7 watch on Ferguson while preparing for his next fight against former world champion Joshua Clottey in Newcastle on April 2.

He stands by the troubled footballer because “he’s family.”

“Blake’s just looking forward to changing his direction in life,“ Mundine said recently, “No drinking, no ElephantJuice, no parties.”

At this stage there is no indication if or when the 23-year-old centre will play football again.

Despite interest from a number of clubs, it’s highly unlikely the NRL will register a playing contract this year unless he wins an appeal against the indecent assault conviction.

His best hope would be a 2015 comeback.

Ferguson did not return phone calls or text messages on Monday.
691735-60c24ca8-a7fb-11e3-8dfc-d9063670fb71.jpg

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...rs-not-opponents/story-fni3fbgz-1226850691461

Last edited:

carcharias

Immortal
what sort of a dick takes that pic and gives it to the newspaper.

The bloke is having a beer...good on him...beats fake praying to imaginary gods.

man2iel_

Juniors
I am hoping Ferguson isn't the next on a long line that is labelled "wasted talent.." I have a unit in Cronulla and I've seen him out and about with TC on occasion; a couple of guys from Mundine's camp. Always in a good mood, always polite when approached. I have hope for him and he is another I would roll the dice on if we had a coach like Bennett, Hasler or Bellamy.

shaggs

Coach
What does the paper pay for that type of pic. $50?

Who you gonna tell? Hey boys just took a photo of Blake fergo having a beer and sold it the paper. What a dick.

Phil if you were really a sharks fan, you would hide this type of shit and make up something that shows fergo doing charity work or something. Get him registered and playing again.
But that doesn't sell papers does it?

Danish

Referee
As mentioned above I would suspect Rothfield took that photo himself. He lives not far from that pub (I live just down the road from it and see him walking to the shops etc) so it would be his local watering hole.

Ferguson is a dickhead obviously, but FFS the bloke is just sitting there having a beer and likely watching the footy. Don't really know why it needs to be made into a news story.

thorson1987

Coach
As mentioned above I would suspect Rothfield took that photo himself. He lives not far from that pub (I live just down the road from it and see him walking to the shops etc) so it would be his local watering hole.

Ferguson is a dickhead obviously, but FFS the bloke is just sitting there having a beer and likely watching the footy. Don't really know why it needs to be made into a news story.

So, why hasn't your car lost control and ran him over yet????

Paullyboy

Coach
I share similar sentiments to a few above, I think ferguson is a tool, but if he is having a beer and watching the footy leave him be. If he was causing a nuisance it'd be a different story obviously, but this is just primary school 'I'll tell the teacher' stuff.

El Diablo

Post Whore
what sort of a dick takes that pic and gives it to the newspaper.

The bloke is having a beer...good on him...beats fake praying to imaginary gods.

and then what kind of newspaper writes a story about someone having a beer

can we not just ban these deadshit News Ltd hacks from games and press conferences?

they are f**king scum

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Agree with the sentiments. He is an absolute tool, but he's not in the NRL and he's not hurting anyone so who gives a sh*t.

Snappy

Coach
Lets not forget this bloke was recently in court charged with an offence comitted whilst drunk, and asked for a lenient sentence based on the fact that he had given up alcohol.