What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blake Ferguson found guilty of indecent assault

Tooooks

Bench
If he is on the sex offenders list he will be lucky to get outside OZ, US is out, have to report to police if UK,also obtain permission from British embassy to see if he can get a letter to let him into UK, then have to report to UK police and they check on him to be sure where he is living not close to school ect. Europe not sure wont be off list in OZ for 8 yrs,cant see RU being that stuipd though you never know with Union.

As far as I'm aware, only child sex offenders go on a sex offenders register (each state/territory has one and work under different legislation).

God-King Dean

Immortal
Yeah, if I were an advisor to him, I'd be suggesting that he "take his medicine", cop whatever ban the NRL want to give him and just focus on staying out of the newspapers and nightclubs for the next year or so.

If he can put some responsibility runs on the board, then he will have a much stronger case to put forward.

At the moment, I would think that he is limited to Australia due to his criminal record and the only sporting organisations here that would be interested in him would be desperate ones. Melbourne Rebels, Western Force in Rugby and maybe one or two of the teams who were ranked in the bottom five in the NRL last year.

None of these would be fantastic career moves for someone like Blake.

Tbh I think he needs to be somewhere with a strong roster and coach who takes no bullshit for him to flourish.

This

He wouldn't be the laughing stock he is now if he would just flat out said "I f**ked up." People would still think he's a dickhead, but at least it could be said "Well, he is young...." I can't recall him once saying he regrets doing what he's done.

nrlnrl

First Grade
I don't know France's visa system, but if that fails there's always AFL or A-League.

Seriously though, he should stay in Australia & spend 12 months preparing for life after sport. He should work in an area away from his friends & learn about life away from his comfort zone. When he's allowed back in the NRL, he'd have a different outlook on life & would appreciate things & be a better person for the experience.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ion-in-australia/story-fni2fxyf-1226837564284

ARU boss Bill Pulver says Blake Ferguson won’t be playing rugby union in Australia
IAIN PAYTEN THE DAILY TELEGRAPH FEBRUARY 25, 2014 9:00PM

THE ARU has shut the door on Blake Ferguson playing professional rugby in Australia due to his bad boy image.

Ferguson is keen to switch to the 15-man game given the NRL’s refusal to register him following an indecent assault conviction, but the rugby interest is one-sided, in Australia at least. “I’m sure Blake is a fantastic Rugby League player, but he’s not someone we’re interested in for rugby union,” ARU boss Bill Pulver said yesterday.

Australian rugby is notoriously protective of a clean image in the sporting market, which assists land and retain high-end sponsorship deals. It was for this reason James O’Connor was cut adrift late last year after a series of off-field problems, and despite his on-field talent, Ferguson’s repeated discipline issues off it mean the ARU would baulk at co-signing a Super Rugby deal.

Ferguson’s options in Japan would be next to non-existent for the same reason. The corporatised rugby competition rarely, if ever, signs players with off-field trouble in their past and Ferguson definitely fails the Google test. That would leave Europe as Ferguson’s remaining option to pursue rugby.

POPEYE

Coach
Unfortunately Blake is attempting to be Mundine-esque without the charisma of the original

He would be better served by embracing the Monaghan method

Paullyboy

Coach
He's a degenerate who might as well call up Anthony watts and team up with him, it's inevitable that he'll end up in jail so he might as well get it over and done with.

stevie013

Juniors
Looks like Blake's options are rapidly declining.

Maybe he can get a run in a team out in the bush or something. Boots and uniform supplied and $200 a win...

serves himself right. if he had of manned up and appologised and shown some form or remorse, he may had a chance of redemption.

but the way he has gone about things, that kid has no hope whatsoever and i have no sympathy for him at all.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
In the end it is a sad story.

Kid could always play, we all know.

But it is like the worst script a young player could write.

Spit on the club who gave you a start.

Spit on club who gave you second chance.

Have issues the whole time. Change religion.

End up charged with sex offence.

Decide the media is the place to try to get help badly.

It is very sad an example of what not to do.

Wasted potential. :(

Canard

Immortal

stevie013

Juniors
Yet you won't here Boo from Bec Wilson about this issue, because she is a clear propagandist for the AFL.

The NRL is clearly leading the AFL regard, but will get no positive press in relation to this nor some members of this site.

not by much. we still have a convicted wife beater running around being cheered by fans.

betcats

Referee
not by much. we still have a convicted wife beater running around being cheered by fans.

This is true though you would have to think if Lui had done that under the current NRL leadership he would of had a tougher time picking up a new club.

Charlie124

First Grade
I'm no fan of Lui, but he copped his punishment and sat out a year, did the counciling he was asked to do and didn't make himself out to be the victim the whole time. He did everything he was told and made it back.

Blake committed a lesser crime, refuses to accept his punishment, threatens the big bad nrl and even tried on being Muslim for a couple of weeks. He's done everything except acknowledge that he's done the wrong thing and shows no sign that he will.

f**k him.

Danish

Referee
I'm no fan of Lui, but he copped his punishment and sat out a year, did the counciling he was asked to do and didn't make himself out to be the victim the whole time. He did everything he was told and made it back.

Blake committed a lesser crime, refuses to accept his punishment, threatens the big bad nrl and even tried on being Muslim for a couple of weeks. He's done everything except acknowledge that he's done the wrong thing and shows no sign that he will.

f**k him.

I'm no fan of Lui's either - in fact I don't think he should have ever been allowed back to play - but you are spot on about the apples and oranges difference between how Lui and Ferguson reacted to their crime and punishment.

If Ferguson had finished up the end of the season with the raiders like he should have, taken the sacking that would have inevitably came with the guilty verdict like a man, then arranged through a prospective club to find regular work while serving his NRL ban I'd have no doubt he'd be back in the league in 2015.

With the way he has carried on however I wouldn't be surprised if he never plays again... or if someone does manage to get approval to sign him then he'll just be out on his arse after another f**k up anyway.

f**k him.

I agree with this.

I'm no fan of Lui either and I think that what he did was terrible. However, he admitted to his crime, copped the punishment, served it out and has been well behaved ever since.

If a bloke commits a crime and serves his time, I don't think it is the NRL's right to ban them for good and take away the players livelihood. I think the punishment from the NRL could certainly have been a bit stronger in Lui's case but that is not Lui's fault. He did everything that was asked of him and has earned his right at a second chance imo.

At this stage, Blake is a polar opposite. He has been convicted and yet still won't acknowledge his own wrong doing and he is acting like it is his right to continue to play in the NRL, regardless of the fact that he has effectively shit on his last two employers from a great height.

Everyone makes mistakes. Some far worse than others but if you don't first acknowledge your error then there is a great chance that you will make that mistake again. How do you give a bloke a second chance when the same bloke won't acknowledge that he has already burnt the first one?

As said earlier, Blake needs to own up to his fault, cop his medicine and show that he is worthy of someone taking a risk with him. If he can't do all of that then the NRL shouldn't entertaion the risk of taking him on again. As talented as the bloke is, he won't be missed.