What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blake Ferguson to join Roosters for back to back GF wins

betcats

Referee
Salary cap covers a squad of 25. If those nobodies you're suggesting won't be re-signed are in the top 25, they will have to be replaced, saving no money. If they are not in the top 25 then they are not reducing the total salary of the top 25, again, saving no money (in the cap).

This, so many people ignore this when tallying up cap space.

"We lost Players X, Y and Z worth a combined 600,000 so we can afford to spend 600,000 on Player A" :crazy:

Maximus

Coach
I heard that Souths wanted to sign Reddy on a 4 year deal, worth 600K a year.
Reddy said no, and was happy to sigh just for the two years. He made the right decision.

You what you are saying is that he gave up approximately $2 million after tax in what would be the last time he can earn decent money (in 2 years he will be 30, and nobody will be offering him 600k as you claim), and it was his own choice? Which part of that was a good decision?

Bandwagon

Staff member
You what you are saying is that he gave up approximately $2 million after tax in what would be the last time he can earn decent money (in 2 years he will be 30, and nobody will be offering him 600k as you claim), and it was his own choice? Which part of that was a good decision?

That would be the bit where he saw 600k a year on the contract , and just knew they were taking the piss.

Lambretta

First Grade
Dammit Lambretta, I want to hate the Roosters, it's harder when a supporter shows such class!

As for the cancer comment, I stand by it. The club does nothing but rot away at rugby league from the inside. It offers nothing (but excuses) to the overall sport of rugby league and effectively withers away all those that surround it.

Like any organisation we've made our mistakes over the years, I don't think any Roosters supporter would disagree.

But we're not all bad all of the time. As pointed out we stuck firm during the Super League War - yes self interest was probably involved - but which club ever does things that aren't in their own best interests? OK, so West Tigers - but you see what the outcome is when a club tears itself apart from the inside.

I'd be interested in knowing what it is we do that is so cancerous?

We provide the only Rugby League team to an area that is dominated by Soccer, AFL and Rugby Union.
We provide a focal point for everyone else to blame for anything that ever goes wrong with their club.
We give the referees someone to kick week after week - being a Raiders fan you'll know what that's like.
We give poor people an enemy to "hate" because of our perceived wealth.
We have saved at least 3 tattoo parlours from bankruptcy.
Plus we have helped establish Sydney as a City where people drink better coffee.

What on earth could there be about us that's worth hating?

BranVan3000

Coach
I think Roosters could afford him, Minichello would be on fair amount of coin. Like Souths though they have to make sure they don't lose upcoming players by taking all the cap space up though.

Like any organisation we've made our mistakes over the years, I don't think any Roosters supporter would disagree.

But we're not all bad all of the time. As pointed out we stuck firm during the Super League War - yes self interest was probably involved - but which club ever does things that aren't in their own best interests? OK, so West Tigers - but you see what the outcome is when a club tears itself apart from the inside.

I'd be interested in knowing what it is we do that is so cancerous?

We provide the only Rugby League team to an area that is dominated by Soccer, AFL and Rugby Union.
We provide a focal point for everyone else to blame for anything that ever goes wrong with their club.
We give the referees someone to kick week after week - being a Raiders fan you'll know what that's like.
We give poor people an enemy to "hate" because of our perceived wealth.
We have saved at least 3 tattoo parlours from bankruptcy.
Plus we have helped establish Sydney as a City where people drink better coffee.

What on earth could there be about us that's worth hating?

Nice post as usual Lambretta but what possible self interest are you talking about? I mean, considering BOTH sides wanted us from the very beginning of the SL war. Was trying to save the game from the filthy Murdoch dollar an act of self interest?

natheel

Coach
Apprently its between roosters and eels. Roosters would get rid of skd to get him. So wouldn't be surprised if skd ends up at eels. Ferguson's relationship with Stuart is what helps us

GONZO72

Juniors
If Blake Ferguson signs with the eels, he should be committed. There is no way, he could be that stupid .

Parra are a basket case. No player with half a brain would be silly enough to sign with the eels.
They are a disgrace, and should be the next team thrown out of the NRL.

Headless Chook

Juniors
Surely we must have learnt at least some lessons from signing players with troubled pasts. ATM we have a team that is happy in each others company both on and off the field with the results speaking for themselves. (Anyone who saw Pearce on Sterlo last night would understand)

Why then jeopardise the harmony we have now and will have into next year by getting a bloke who has plenty of form on the board already for supreme acts of fuc&wittery?

No thanks.

In Easts we Trust

bottle

Coach
There is a certain synergy with Ferguson and the Rorters. He may need to hide his drinks in brown paper bags.

GONZO72

Juniors
Same deal with souffs and rusty.

Difference is, the roosters are modern day winners, Souths are the worst NRL performed side in 5 decades.

Loudstrat

Coach
Nice post as usual Lambretta but what possible self interest are you talking about? I mean, considering BOTH sides wanted us from the very beginning of the SL war. Was trying to save the game from the filthy Murdoch dollar an act of self interest?
I cant pin self interest on the Chooks for fighting the good fight. They only gained Fittler because Penrith made the biggest cockup in history.

If Blake Ferguson signs with the eels, he should be committed. There is no way, he could be that stupid .
Why not? You are more stupid.

Parra are a basket case. No player with half a brain would be silly enough to sign with the eels.
They are a disgrace, and should be the next team thrown out of the NRL.
Hows Easts juniors going again dimwit?