What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blake Ferguson

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
With respect, putting Dugan's indiscretion ( rooftop drinks ), along side serious offences like assault is a long stretch.

Josh didnt break the law, he broke a footy teams standard of protocol, and left.. Whilst it was childish and wrong, to compare it to the other offences / allegations is way off.

I know he is now a shark, doesnt mean we keep dragging his name through the mud...

Must say that Dugan continued to put in for us, week after week. Not the sharpest tool in the shed but must respect him for his efforts while he was with us.
I’m sure he will continue likewise with the Narks.

qld redvee

Juniors
There's a difference between a guy who served a prison sentence for a one-on-one bar fight that, admittedly, got way out of hand, and who has made a significant effort to change his life (Packer) and a guy who has been a consistent f**kwit on and off the field and has at no stage shown remorse or accountability for any of his actions (Ferguson).
And didnt fergo convert to Islam after the northies incident ?? and yet he still drinks alcohol As you said JDHD no remorse no responsibility and definitely not his fault
we dont want this guy - let the juniors have a go

TruSaint

Referee
And didnt fergo convert to Islam after the northies incident ?? and yet he still drinks alcohol As you said JDHD no remorse no responsibility and definitely not his fault

Im not after Ferguson to join, but what does his faith have to do with anything?
Im not a Muslim, but dont understand what point you are trying to make.

Additionally, how do you know he hasn't shown remorse ?

Old Timer

Coach
Im not after Ferguson to join, but what does his faith have to do with anything?
Im not a Muslim, but dont understand what point you are trying to make.

Additionally, how do you know he hasn't shown remorse ?
Ferguson is a dumb f**ker and recently had a banned NRL player former drug dealer over to his house.
Doesn't learn from his mistakes and looks and acts like a rabbit in the headlights when confronted over his bad behaviour.
For most practising Muilim's alcohol is not to be consumed and certainly not in public.
So the point is why declare yourself a Muslim and then break with its accepted practices?

TruSaint

Referee
Ferguson is a dumb f**ker and recently had a banned NRL player former drug dealer over to his house.
Doesn't learn from his mistakes and looks and acts like a rabbit in the headlights when confronted over his bad behaviour.
For most practising Muilim's alcohol is not to be consumed and certainly not in public.
So the point is why declare yourself a Muslim and then break with its accepted practices?

OT, i know what the religion says, but my point is that is an issue for him.

ouryear

Juniors
A majority of all Christians, Catholics, Buddhist, etc etc do not live and breathe their religions ethos.

No one walks the talk, they may try their best, but humans are not perfect, or even close!

People I am sure do try to live their religions beliefs each and every day, but most fail that test.

Thou shalt not steal, covet they neighbours wife, thou shalt not use profanities,
thou shalt not do this or that.....

I wouldn't be judging anyone.

Jesus said.....He who has never sinned, cast the first stone.

Just because a person converts to Muslim does not mean they will become perfect.

Same with all our religions.

Why do you think George Pell is back in town?

Last edited:

Saintsified

Bench
f**king hell no! That merkin is a f**king sex offender who never should have been allowed back in the game. He's a waste of atoms who is not only a terrible person but has been badly out of form since the end of 2015. His club form has been diabolical and the only reason he got picked for Origin was because a) for some reason people thought that he and Dugan had a great combination despite never having played a game of first grade together and b) he was ordained as a rep player early in his career because he was roughly the same height and build as Israel Folau who was dominating at that point. Add to that the fact that we only just cut out the tumor that is Josh Dugan and I question why we'd want his best mate who is by all accounts even more of a dickhead than that f**kwit was.

Let me put it this way: the fact that Fergy digitally raped a woman in Northies means that if we sign him, I won't support the Dragons any more. I feel that strongly about it. We cannot become one of those clubs who tolerate that behaviour.
Grabbing a skirt is sex offending? every mate i have did it when we were young, chicks never seemed to mind, in fact ive seen plenty of chicks grab football stars back in the Kool room, Kicks, Heat, Reactor ONE and other Leagues club nightclub days lol.

Saintsified

Bench
He certainly paid for his crime by doing time and in the process became a better person also undertaking a Uni degree. Fergo is an immature dipshit that has never been responsible for his ongoing lunacy.
and Billy Smith and Johnny Raper were angels.

Saintsified

Bench
With respect, putting Dugan's indiscretion ( rooftop drinks ), along side serious offences like assault is a long stretch.

Josh didnt break the law, he broke a footy teams standard of protocol, and left.. Whilst it was childish and wrong, to compare it to the other offences / allegations is way off.

I know he is now a shark, doesnt mean we keep dragging his name through the mud...
A forced Shark, poor guy never wanted to leave.

Saintsified

Bench
Well said true
what duges has done is nothing compared to some of the others.
He's not a bad bloke.
He gave his all to the dragons untill he signed with the sharks.
I think he will suit there style of play.
Now they have Moyland all the pressure will be on moyland
Sharks picked up the Roosters old sombrero.

ouryear

Juniors
and Billy Smith and Johnny Raper were angels.

I AGREE with you mate, Saints have had very few angels!!

Raper, Smithy, Changa, Rocket Rod Reddy.....And many many more.

As long as they can play footy.

And maybe don't murder... or bash innocent people.

Otherwise, I couldn't give a rat's arse.

Saintsified

Bench
I AGREE with you mate, Saints have had very few angels!!

Raper, Smithy, Changa, Rocket Rod Reddy.....And many many more.

As long as they can play footy.

And maybe don't murder... or bash innocent people.

Otherwise, I couldn't give a rat's arse.
Exactly, what do some want us to sign? nuns

Crush

Coach
Only a rumour and I doubt its true but if it were I'd be stoked. Forget the off-field being a dickhead. That dickhead can play! Id prefer Jimmy the jet but hey Fergo would be a big upgrade on the outside backs we currently have.
Its a yes from me.

possm

Coach
In 2018 Lomax will be the talk of the NRL. He will win the right centre position. I'd say forget Furguson; it's time to use our speedy youngsters.

Mann should get the left wing spot because when he had that spot he and Widdop had a great combination leading to Mann being our top try scorer. I think that there will be hot contention for the right wing spot; Nightingale, Macdonald and a host of speedy young wingers.

My team would look like:
1. Dufty
2. Mann
3. Lomax
4. Lafai
5. Nightingale
6. Widdop
7. Hunt
8. Vaughan
9. McInnes
10. Graham
11. Sims
12. Frizell
13. De Belin

14. Ah Mau
15. Wamsley
16. Host
17. Leilua

Leilua to have a good off-season and will push his way into the side. A four forward bench together with backup from Latimore, Allgood, Laurie and Kerr will ensure that lessons have been learned from the forwards burnout of 2017. In 2018 it will be a power game with depth on the bench and in reserve grade.

TruSaint

Referee
Only a rumour and I doubt its true but if it were I'd be stoked. Forget the off-field being a dickhead. That dickhead can play! Id prefer Jimmy the jet but hey Fergo would be a big upgrade on the outside backs we currently have.
Its a yes from me.

Crush, cant see it happening mate.

Hope I am wrong, as we do need 1 more back to make our team a real force. He can play.

ouryear

Juniors
Exactly, what do some want us to sign? nuns

Ha ha, funny.
They may win as many games though!

I almost think....the more mongrels we sign ....the better.

Within reason of course, no cannibals or cold blooded murderers, but otherwise, bring them on.

Mean machines like Rocket Rod Reddy, I watched the replay of the 77 grand final and how Reddy dismantled Ray Price.... who was a great footballer... was simply outstanding from Reddy.

Pure thuggery within the rules.

Saints 22
Parramatta 0

Says it all.

Crush

Coach
In 2018 Lomax will be the talk of the NRL. He will win the right centre position. I'd say forget Furguson; it's time to use our speedy youngsters.

Mann should get the left wing spot because when he had that spot he and Widdop had a great combination leading to Mann being our top try scorer. I think that there will be hot contention for the right wing spot; Nightingale, Macdonald and a host of speedy young wingers.

My team would look like:
1. Dufty
2. Mann
3. Lomax
4. Lafai
5. Nightingale
6. Widdop
7. Hunt
8. Vaughan
9. McInnes
10. Graham
11. Sims
12. Frizell
13. De Belin

14. Ah Mau
15. Wamsley
16. Host
17. Leilua

Leilua to have a good off-season and will push his way into the side. A four forward bench together with backup from Latimore, Allgood, Laurie and Kerr will ensure that lessons have been learned from the forwards burnout of 2017. In 2018 it will be a power game with depth on the bench and in reserve grade.
Where is Thompson?
Why is Wamsley in the team?

possm

Coach
Ha ha, funny.
They may win as many games though!

I almost think....the more mongrels we sign ....the better.

Within reason of course, no cannibals or cold blooded murderers, but otherwise, bring them on.

Mean machines like Rocket Rod Reddy, I watched the replay of the 77 grand final and how Reddy dismantled Ray Price.... who was a great footballer... was simply outstanding from Reddy.

Pure thuggery within the rules.

Saints 22
Parramatta 0

Says it all.
Harry Bath the Coach. We need a coach!

JDHD

Juniors
Grabbing a skirt is sex offending? every mate i have did it when we were young, chicks never seemed to mind, in fact ive seen plenty of chicks grab football stars back in the Kool room, Kicks, Heat, Reactor ONE and other Leagues club nightclub days lol.

He didn't grab a skirt, he shoved his fingers in a woman's vagina without consent and when she slapped him, he hit her back. That's both digital rape and assault.

The fact that women do it to football players is equally disgusting. However, bringing up examples of it happening to football players doesn't excuse Ferguson's behaviour, particularly when he had a significant height and weight advantage over the woman in question.

Leaving aside his off field behaviour, he hasn't played well in about two years. It was his handling error in the prelim that let Nth Qld back into the game and he damn near lost the game for the Chooks vs Brisbane. He's one of the least clutch motherf**kers in the game and we just cut Dugan for being a bit of an idiot. Why would we want Fingers?