What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blake Green or the Keating boys?

Stagger eel

Staff member
MC said:
What about the Nasso brothers?

both good footballers but unfortunately there are just too many talnted players vying for their positions around then for National under 20's side next year.. watch for Anthony Mitchell, Tapa "Sonny" Rea and Nathan Gardner to make a statement.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Natalie's Daddy said:
I think dependant on the age of Matt Keating, Ray Nasso will be the starting hooker for U20's.

both Matt and Ray will be too old next year, Matt will be in the fulltime squad and Ray may need to find a new club.

Anthony Mitchell will come up and slot in nicely, he could well be the stand out hooker in that competition.

Bazal

Post Whore
If I could sign all three I would. Blake is ready for first grade now, whereas Kris is only 17 and will probably be ready in a few years. We do need back up at 6, and Green provides that readymade. In fact the issue may well be that Green would be in first grade at most other clubs...so he may want a chance at that. Matt is a hooker, so there is no issues with clashes between him and Blake...

I may be wrong (and apologies if this has been raised already, haven't read all the posts) but didn't Blake sign for two years last year? Or was that in 2005?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Bazal said:
If I could sign all three I would. Blake is ready for first grade now, whereas Kris is only 17 and will probably be ready in a few years. We do need back up at 6, and Green provides that readymade. In fact the issue may well be that Green would be in first grade at most other clubs...so he may want a chance at that. Matt is a hooker, so there is no issues with clashes between him and Blake...

I may be wrong (and apologies if this has been raised already, haven't read all the posts) but didn't Blake sign for two years last year? Or was that in 2005?

Blake is definitely off contract, however I heard as late as last night that Hages still wants him and KK at the club so we haven't actually closed the door on Blake as previously mentioned.

yy_cheng

Coach
From my point of view, for the long term, it would be better to keep blake and hopefully PJ can find another club.

Therefore, you would have a starting line up of

6. Finch
7. Smith
9. Riddell
14. Green

Backups for 6 would be Green then Feleti.
Backups for 7 would be Green or Finch

However, where are all the centre cum 5/8ths ala Kenny, Daley and Fitler?

Does anyone think that either INU or Hayne have the passing capability to become a 5/8th. They surely have the running game.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Hayne has showed he's more than Handy with the boot, he's set up a few trys kicking infield for himself or others.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
eelavation said:
both Matt and Ray will be too old next year, Matt will be in the fulltime squad and Ray may need to find a new club.

Anthony Mitchell will come up and slot in nicely, he could well be the stand out hooker in that competition.

A shame for Ray because he is a good solid footballer.

He looks like another casulty of the whole Premier League v U20 comp fiasco.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Natalie's Daddy said:
A shame for Ray because he is a good solid footballer.

He looks like another casulty of the whole Premier League v U20 comp fiasco.

it wouldn't make an ounce of difference...he may actually land a part time contract and possably take the place of jimmy Storer who's been at our club for a couple of years..

MrT

Juniors
eelavation said:
what do you mean? which players are you talking about?

The players that don't make the top 25.
Those that go on to play in the new comp, do they still remain contracted to their NRL club, therefore meaning they could be called up if injuries occur

The Engineers Room

First Grade
eelavation said:
it wouldn't make an ounce of difference...he may actually land a part time contract and possably take the place of jimmy Storer who's been at our club for a couple of years..

You just contradicted yourself. First you said he may need to look for a new club, so I said it was a shame, then you said what is quoted above. I think I know what you are trying to say but I still think that if nothing changed next year. Matt would become the bench NRL hooker and Jimmy and Ray would be the hookers in Premier League.

The Colonel

Immortal
MrT said:
The players that don't make the top 25.
Those that go on to play in the new comp, do they still remain contracted to their NRL club, therefore meaning they could be called up if injuries occur

The players in the under 20's comp are contracted to Parramatta.

The players that don't make the top 25 are likely to be under contract to the Parramatta club but playing with Wenty, Mt Prichard or Seven Hills in either the Jim Beam Cup/Premier League - whichever the NSWRL decide will be the main comp.

MrT

Juniors
The Colonel said:
The players in the under 20's comp are contracted to Parramatta.

The players that don't make the top 25 are likely to be under contract to the Parramatta club but playing with Wenty, Mt Prichard or Seven Hills in either the Jim Beam Cup/Premier League - whichever the NSWRL decide will be the main comp.

cheers Colonel